1. Most humans, in varying degrees, are already dead. In one way or another they have lost their dreams, their ambitions, their desire for a better life. They have surrendered their fight for self-esteem and they have compromised their great potential. They have settled for a life of mediocrity, days of despair and nights of tears. They are no more than living deaths confined to cemeteries of their choice. Yet they need not remain in that state. They can be resurrected from their sorry condition. They can each perform the greatest miracle in the world. They can each come back from the dead…
2. The choice, as he saw it, was this: You give up or you work for change. “What’s better for us?” Barack called to the people gathered in the room. “Do we settle for the world as it is, or do we work for the world as it should be?
3. There is only one real sin, and that is to persuade oneself that the second-best is anything but the second-best
4. Relationships: If you put up with it, you’re going to end up with it. Set the standard you want and don’t settle for less.
5. Don’t settle for being an option; become a priority.
6. She knows her timing, always knows. The time to strike or the time to starve. Her eyes as a clock, she watches she waits she learns, and in the second she blinks, she changes her mind just like that.
7. Just as it takes time for the mud in muddy water to settle, meditation only yields fruit if it is practiced regularly for a long time.
8. Even a leaf in the wind settles sometimes.
9. Don’t worry about not doing “it” perfectly right now. It’s ok, just keep at it, you will soon settle in it and then you’ll be glad you didn’t give up.
10. Don’t settle for a normal life. Not when you can enjoy the wonderful weirdness of being who God created you to be.
11. Don’t pass on your passions, to settle in the stale normality. Endure. Strive. Ensure.
12. Don’t settle, but settle.
13. We need to listen carefully to the wisdom of our symptoms and to try to decode their meaning, because some of us have learned to settle, to fall silent; to deny that unfair circumstances exist or matter, and then to call our compromises “life.” But our bodies, our deeper unconscious selves, remain harder to fool.
14. Tearing up between what you deserve and what you settle for is a perpetual cause of unsettling pain.
15. Please don’t settle, it will only corrodes your soul and you will never be the best version of yourself.
16. There is no Situation in which Arms can get an Answer. Arms only ensure, that there would Never be an Answer.
17. We are all seeking the unobtainable. Until we find it, we settle for life.
18. Don’t worry about not doing “it” perfectly right now. It’s ok, just keep at it, you will soon settle in it and then you’ll be glad you didn’t give up. All you need is to be sure that GOD’s hand is in it.
19. Young people today are deeply passionate and crave authentic life based on truth. They’re hungry to make a difference. They’re willing to take a stand for whatever they believe, even to die for a cause. When they sell out to Jesus, they’ll pursue a standard of righteousness that is greater than anything you and I ever saw growing up. Don’t water it down. Don’t lower the standard. And don’t just settle for raising it-raise it higher. Believe in your children. Talk with them. Speak well of them. Encourage them. Pray for them. Celebrate the victories with them. Affirm their growth. We can raise a generation that, although they’ll make mistakes, will sell out completely when Jesus grips them. They’ll give Him everything. They’ll make you proud by being even weirder than you are.
20. And because I believe I deserve that much, I can’t settle for less..
21. The origin myth of the Tukano speaks of the time, eons ago, when humans first settled the great rivers of the Amazon basin. It seems that ‘supernatural beings’ accompanied them on this journey and gifted them the fundamentals upon which to build a civilized life. From the ‘Daughter of the Sun’ they received the gift of fire and the knowledge of horticulture, pottery-making, and many other crafts. ‘The serpent-shaped canoe of the first settlers’ was steered by a superhuman ‘Helmsman.’ Meanwhile other supernaturals ‘travelled by canoe over all the rivers and … explored the remote hill ranges; they pointed out propitious sites for houses or fields, or for hunting and fishing, and they left their lasting imprint on many spots so that future generations would have ineffaceable proof of their earthly days and would forever remember them and their teachings.
22. You settle with what you understand, I settle with what you failed to understand
23. In the coming decades, smart people will realize that international travel will end and they will settle onto continents that they are comfortable with being stranded on.
24. Don’t wait for the dust to settle.
25. I don’t settle without a battle
26. To determine to deny is to settle for violation
27. Find Your Own Happy Street , Don’t settle for someone else’s address
28. Light minds wish to settle in the right place whereas bright minds wish in setting the place right
29. We cannot wait for the other shoe to drop, when the road becomes unendurably bumpy. If the aura of truth starts to wane and the light of the sky begins to splinter, only resilience can settle things. (“Steaming ahead”)
30. There are times in relationships, when we blow it. In spite of our best intentions, we wrong others. Our jealousy makes us feel inferior. Our own wounds cause us to act irrationally. Our insecurities lead us to say hurtful things. And so, we find ourselves acting out. In short, we cloud our lives with muddy water. We trash around the pond of our emotions until things are just too messed up to figure out how to fix them. It is in the times of muddy water that we learn how to wait it out. We have to wait until the mud settles. We must wait until we can clearly see where the water of our lives ends and the mud of misplaced emotions begin. Have the patience to wait until the mud settles. Be still until the water is clear. In clear water, words come. Right actions reveal them selves and healing appears.—From the Devotional A Word in Season
31. When you refuse to settle for less than the best…the best tends to track you down.
32. A man that knows your worth doesn’t need to be told how to treat you. That’s a given! You won’t have to question his feelings, his motives, nor his intentions. How will I know? You ask. See, he will freely show you how he feels and prove it consistently. If you’re settling for anything less than what you deserve. Then, maybe you don’t even know your worth.
33. If you want your life to be a five-star reality, you have to stop settling for a fast food mentality!
34. Here’s a glorious thought: You don’t have to settle. Ever. In life, in love, in your career…Anywhere!
35. Oh, I have always been proud, I always wanted all or nothing! You see it was just because I am not one who will accept half a happiness, but always wanted all
36. Don’t settle for anything less. Rise up and optimize your talents through strategic thinking and big dream. Your God should be your guide in all things.
37. There’s no clear water from a muddy well. All you can do is let the silt settle until the water clears otherwise it will taste sour. (paraphrased)
38. Don’t go in for the “yellowish” if what you need is “yellow”. The attitude called precision is the quality that remarks the accuracy of your demand. Never settle for the less; Go for the exact thing!
39. Don’t settle… The worst thing will be to find the man or woman that truly deserves you after you’ve married one who doesn’t.
40. You didn’t fail… You just didn’t use the right method. It’s neither hail nor storm… It’s just a stir that precedes the settlement of your destiny. Believe that you will not remain on the ground. Wake up and try again!
41. A dream is the frame or portrait or a construction or focus of one’s vision by means of perception, based on what he or she knows and settles within via strategic thinking.
42. We shall become, or we shall overcome.
43. We know enough to know that all of this is not quite right. And we know enough to know that settling for what’s not quite right is quite wrong.
44. Lift up the weak; inspire the ignorant… Rescue the failures; encourage the deprived! Live to give… Don’t only hustle for survival. Go, and settle for revival!
45. If you cannot find peace where you stand you shall not find it where you land.
46. Having had nothing, I will not settle for crumbs.
47. The word “frustration” is defined as the unfortunate tendency of lessening one’s destiny. Rise up and take all frustrations away! Stop squeezing your dreams into a small size… You were not created to settle for less!
48. It’s useless to paint a closed door, in order to change its color. The door needs to be open for both sides to change as same.
49. You never settle for anything less than a man who will fight for you. The man who gives you that feeling from your scalp to your toes. The one who will always be by your side and it may be the new man or an old man, but it doesn’t matter.
50. Have the backbone to go after what you want in life. It’s too easy to settle.
51. Leaders don’t settle for less. When you do so, you rob humanity of what you are supposed to deliver!
52. There are people that will settle for nothing, people that will fight for something, and those that are fooled striving to have everything.
53. Never settle or be satisfied with compromise.
54. But you would still settle for me if I were that last, wouldn’t you? Women are like that. They have to have a male.
55. Don’t just settle for surviving; Settle to make impacts. Life is deliberate; It’s about making a difference!
56. Naturally, everyone is expected to enter the future only once, but by the transport medium of dreams, great people enjoy the future twice! They pay a visit into the future by dreaming, and they relocate to settle in it by their purposeful actions!
57. Even envy, wants to even the score.