Quotes about being Disappointed
1. What New England is, is a state of mind, a place where dry humor and perpetual disappointment blend to produce an ironic pessimism that folks from away find most perplexing
2. Let me tell you this: if you meet a loner, no matter what they tell you, it’s not because they enjoy solitude. It’s because they have tried to blend into the world before, and people continue to disappoint them.
3. Not all friends know they have lost you.
4. Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed.
5. Nobody likes being alone that much. I don’t go out of my way to make friends, that’s all. It just leads to disappointment.
6. Only a few of us are going to be willing to break our own hearts by trading in the living beauty of imagination for the stark disappointment of words.
7. It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend.
8. When you find your path, you must not be afraid. You need to have sufficient courage to make mistakes. Disappointment, defeat, and despair are the tools God uses to show us the way.
9. Never marry at all, Dorian. Men marry because they are tired, women, because they are curious: both are disappointed.
10. If while alive you hurt or disappoint people you love, there’s no use continuing such behavior when you’re dead.
11. If my attitude be on of fear, not faith, about the one who has disappointed me; if I say “Just what I expected,” if a fall occurs, then I know nothing of Calvary Love.
12. When your mother is made out of your dreams, anything real is bound to disappoint you.
13. Longed for him. Got him. Shit.
14. There are some things in this world you rely on, like a sure bet. And when they let you down, shifting from where you’ve carefully placed them, it shakes your faith, right where you stand.
15. It was one of those times you feel a sense of loss, even though you didn’t have something in the first place. I guess that’s what disappointment is- a sense of loss for something you never had.
16. Dreaming about being an actress, is more exciting then being one.
17. She wanted none of those days to end, and it was always with disappointment that she watched the darkness stride forward.
18. Life is a long preparation for something that never happens.
19. If you’re betrayed, release disappointment at once.
By that way, the bitterness has no time to take root.
20. If we will be quiet and ready enough, we shall find compensation in every disappointment.
21. He had the look of one who had drunk the cup of life and found a dead beetle at the bottom.
22. Look. I have a strategy. Why expect anything? If you don’t expect anything, you don’t get disappointed.
23. Disappointment is a sort of bankruptcy – the bankruptcy of a soul that expends too much in hope and expectation.
24. We ruined each other by being together. We destroyed each other’s dreams.
25. Never touch your idols: the gilding will stick to your fingers.
26. Sadly for my wedding plans, I learned that Nestor is a bardash. I envy the men who enjoy his favors. He has always treated me with friendship which I now value more than my old romantic feelings.
27. You can devise all the plans in the world, but if you don’t welcome spontaneity; you will just disappoint yourself.
28. Nobody ever gets what they want when it comes to love.
29. Hope isn’t destiny. Left passive its nothing more than disappointment deferred
30. I aimed at the public’s heart, and by accident I hit it in the stomach.
31. There’s an epigram tacked to my office bulletin board, pinched from a magazine — “Wanting to meet an author because you like his work is like wanting to meet a duck because you like pâté.
32. One of the best protections against disappointment is to have a lot going on.
33. There are things some people can never understand.there’s no point to telling them.
34. So this was where lust was satisfied. If I’d been an old-time miner I’d have asked for my gold nugget back.
35. We met each other when we were young, before we knew enough about disappointment, and once we did we found we reminded each other of it
36. Disappointment has quite a penchant for taking one by surprise.
37. Disappointment to a noble soul is what cold water is to burning metal; it strengthens, tempers, intensifies, but never destroys it.
38. Life is so constructed, that the event does not, cannot, will not, match the expectation
39. The snow began to fall again, drifting against the windows, politely begging entrance and then falling with
disappointment to the ground
40. If you expect nothing, you can never be disappointed.
41. How disappointing, when people succumb to what is expected of them.
42. Expectation has brought me disappointment. Disappointment has brought me wisdom. Acceptance, gratitude and appreciation have brought me joy and fulfilment..
43. But there were worse things than disappointment, and I’d lived through several of them already.
44. Niagara … is the first disappointment in the married life of many Americans who spend their honeymoon there.
45. Truth is, something that I thought was perfect was taken away from me, and I never wanted perfect again. I wanted middle of the road, stuff I didn’t care about so that I couldn’t lose anything I really loved ever again.
46. You never get the paper umbrellas you were promised in this world.
47. My mother gave me a disappointed look. Then I gave her one back. Mine was for everything, not just the sandwich.
48. It may help us, in those times of trouble, to remember that love is not only about relationship, it is also an affair of the soul.
49. Seeing a gem like you surrounded with rust is what makes this heart mourn.
50. Mrs. Lynde says, ‘Blessed are they who expect nothing for they shall not be disappointed.
51. Mrs. Bostwick’s face was heavy and lethargic, without any strength or delicacy, and it bore the deep marks of what must have been a habitual dissatisfaction.
52. I saw everything in the world build up and then everything in the world fall down again.
53. We are enslaved, not by the promise we have made, but by the desire to keep it.
54. What hurts so bad about youth isn’t the actual butt whippings the world delivers. It’s the stupid hopes playacting like certainties.
55. A pier is a disappointed bridge; yet stare at it for long enough and you can dream it to the other side of the Channel.
56. I think people would be happier if they admitted things more often. In a sense we are all prisoners of some memory, or fear, or disappointment – we are all defined by something we can’t change.
57. What is it called when you grieve for someone who isn’t dead, just gone away or nothing like you thought they were?
58. Why should I trust a man? Gentleman or street sweeper, I’ll just get disappointed again.” Percy sighs, shaking his head.
59. At the heart of the matter is a battle between wish and fear. Fear generally proves stronger than a wish, but it leaves a taste of disappointment on the tongue.
60. Forgo the futile pursuit of pleasing others, and focus on pleasing God. You’ll never be disappointed.