Quotes About Loyalty
1. I belong to the people I love, and they belong to me- they, and the love and loyaty I give them, form my identity far more than any word or group ever could.
2. Loyalty to the country always. Loyalty to the government when it deserves it.
3. It gives me strength to have somebody to fight for; I can never fight for myself, but, for others, I can kill.
4. Hold faithfulness and sincerity as first principles
5. The strength of a family, like the strength of an army, is in its loyalty to each other
6. I look for these qualities and characteristics in people. Honesty is number one, respect, and absolutely the third would have to be loyalty.
7. Better to have one woman on your side than ten men
8. I’ll take fifty percent efficiency to get one hundred percent loyalty.
9. If put to the pinch, an ounce of loyalty is worth a pound of cleverness.
10. I don’t like to give up on people when they need someone not to give up on them.
11. Where the battle rages, there the loyalty of the soldier is proved.
12. It isn’t an easy thing to give your loyalty to someone you don’t know, especially when that person chooses to reveal nothing of himself
13. I used to advertise my loyalty and I don’t believe there is a single person I loved that I didn’t eventually betray.
14. A person is born with feelings of envy and hate. If he gives way to them, they will lead him to violence and crime, and any sense of loyalty and good faith will be abandoned.
15. If you will not die for us, you cannot ask us to die for you
16. I belong to the people I love, and they belong to me–they, and the love and loyaty I give them, form my identity far more than any word or group ever could.
17. If you cant value a commitment made by someone else, your own commitments lose their value too.
18. The first step in the evolution of ethics is a sense of solidarity with other human beings
19. If by my life or death I can protect you, I will.
20. Unlike the puerile loyalty to a conviction, loyalty to a friend is a virtue – perhaps the only virtue, the last remaining one
21. Loyalty to an unjust cause is a perversion of honor
22. We have to recognise that there cannot be relationships unless there is commitment, unless there is loyalty, unless there is love, patience, persistence.
23. A friend is someone who walks into a room when everyone else is walking out
24. Together we shared a bond not even death would violate
25. If having a soul means being able to feel love and loyalty and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans.
26. Sometimes it was worth all the disadvantages of marriage just to have that: one friend in an indifferent world
27. I think a good friend, to me, is all about trust and loyalty. You don’t ever want to second-guess whether you can tell your friend something
28. I place an enormous premium on loyalty. If someone betrays me, I can forgive them rationally, but emotionally I have found it impossible to do so
29. Fidelity purchased with money, money can destroy
30. My first language, the true language of the soul spoken only on our planet of origin, had no word for betrayal or traitor. Or even loyalty- because without the opposite, the concept had no meaning
31. A true friendship is one in which everything can be told, and nothing will be judged
32. Friendship with oneself is all-important, because without it one cannot be friends with anyone else
33. Never befriend the oppressed unless you are prepared to take on the oppressor
34. it isn’t things and proximity, or even blood that holds us all together. What makes a family is love and loyalty
35. Loyalty publicly results in leverage privately
36. Loyal companions are an unequaled grace, stanching fear before it bleeds you numb, a reliable antidote for creeping despair
37. The highest compact we can make with our fellow is – “Let there be truth between us two for evermore
38. An onion shared with a friend tastes like roast lamb
39. The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on
40. Never esteem anything as of advantage to you that will make you break your word or lose your self-respect
41. True friends are those who came into your life, saw the most negative part of you, but are not ready to leave you, no matter how contagious you are to them.
42. We men and women are all in the same boat, upon a stormy sea. We owe to each other a terrible and tragic loyalty.
43. Hold faithfulness and sincerity as first principles.
44. I don’t like to give up on people when they need someone not to give up on them.
45. Better to have one woman on your side than ten men.
46. Friends ask you questions; enemies question you.
47. Where the battle rages, there the loyalty of the soldier is proved.
48. So much of what is best in us is bound up in our love of family, that it remains the measure of our stability because it measures our sense of loyalty.
49. My dad had limitations. That’s what my good-hearted mom always told us. He had limitations, but he meant no harm. It was kind of her to say, but he did do harm.
50. Trust, once lost, could not be easily found. Not in a year, perhaps not even in a lifetime.
51. Your friends will believe in your potential, your enemies will make you live up to it.
52. Be with a leader when he is right, stay with him when he is still right, but, leave him when he is wrong.
53. We are great writers on the same dreadful typewriter
54. It isn’t an easy thing to give your loyalty to someone you don’t know, especially when that person chooses to reveal nothing of himself.
55. Never mind, said Hachiko each day. Here I wait, for my friend who’s late. I will stay, just to walk beside you for one more day.
56. We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. When the loyal opposition dies, I think the soul of America dies with it.
57. If you will not die for us, you cannot ask us to die for you.
58. I pledge to keep you safe.
59. Some of the most beautiful things we have in life comes from our mistakes.
60. She was a ray of sunshine, a warm summer rain, a bright fire on a cold winter’s day, and now she could be dead because she had tried to save the man she loved.