Taylor Swift Quotes
1. When you’re singing you can hear the echo of people in the audience singing every single word with you, and that was that big dream that I had for myself. It’s happening.
2. No matter what happens in life, be good to people. Being good to people is a wonderful legacy to leave behind.
3. People haven’t always been there for me, but music always has.
4. I am an over-achiever, and I want to be known for the good things in my life.
5. Love always ends differently and it always begins differently – especially with me.
6. I approach love differently now that I know it’s hard for it to work out.
7. I love making new friends and I respect people for a lot of different reasons.
8. If you cry over a guy, then your friends can’t date him. It can’t even be considered.
9. I’m not afraid to write my feelings in songs.
10. I haven’t had that one great love, which is good. I don’t want that to be in the past – I want it to be in the future.
11. I’m not the girl who always has a boyfriend. I’m the girl who rarely has a boyfriend.
12. I get really restless when I haven’t worked for a day and a half. I have a recurring dream that people are lined up next to my bed, waiting for autographs and taking pictures of me!
13. I know my flaws before other people point them out to me.
14. It feels kinda weird being back in a high school cause I haven’t been in a high school for about a year. So um, it’s kinda interesting coming back, and y’know seeing the lockers, with all the signs, the handmade signs, so being in high school again is a little bit strange but in a good way.
15. I think I first realized I wanted to be in country music and be an artist when I was 10. And I started dragging my parents to festivals, and fairs, and karaoke contests, and I did that for about a year before I came to Nashville for the first time. I was 11 and I had this demo CD of me singing Dixie Chicks and Leanne Rimes songs.
16. I would love to continue in music, with writing… but I am not the kind of person who will hang around if I start to become irrelevant. If that happens, I will bow down gracefully, raise my kids, and have a garden. And I am going to let my hair go gray when I am older. I don’t need to be blonde when I’m 60!
17. For everything I do, I think about a 6-year-old girl and her mom that I saw at my concert last night. I think about what those two individuals would think if I were at a club last night. I never want to be arrested, and I never want to get a DUI, those are my moral values.
18. I wish all teenagers can filter through songs instead of turning to drugs and alcohol.
19. Fans are my favorite thing in the world. I’ve never been the type of artist who has that line drawn between their friends and their fans. The line’s always been really blurred for me. I’ll hang out with them after the show. I’ll hang out with them before the show. If I see them in the mall, I’ll stand there and talk to them for 10 minutes.
20. All you need to do to be my friend is like me.
21. My mom and I have always been really close. She’s always been the friend that was always there. There were times when, in middle school and junior high, I didn’t have a lot of friends. But my mom was always my friend. Always.
22. I’m intimidated by the fear of being average.
23. I love it when people say things to me in public and want to meet me, because I want to meet them! Early on, my manager told me, ‘If you want to sell 500,000 records, then go out there and meet 500,000 people.’
24. Factoring in millions of people when I’m writing a song is not a good idea. I don’t ever do it.
25. I write songs that are like diary entries. I have to do it in order to feel sane.
26. You have people come into your life shockingly and surprisingly. You have losses that you never thought you’d experience. You have rejection and you have learn how to deal with that and how to get up the next day and go on with it.
27. In this business you have to develop a thick skin, but I’m always going to feel everything. It’s my nature.
28. There are no rules when it comes to love.
29. I have this really high priority on happiness and finding something to be happy about.
30. For me, when I picture the person I want to end up with, I don’t think about what their career is, or what they look like. I picture the feeling I get when I’m with them.
31. In a relationship each person should support the other; they should lift each other up.
32. Music is my shining light, my favorite thing in the world. T get me to stop doing it for one second would be difficult!
33. I believe when it comes to love, there’s something intangible about who we are attracted to, and I don’t think I have a pattern.
34. I never want to change so much that people can’t recognize me.
35. In fairy tales the bad guy is very easy to spot. The bad guy is always wearing a black cape so you always know who he is.
36. All of my favorite people – people I really trust – none of them were cool in their younger years.
37. I’m very aware and very conscious of the path I chose in life, and very aware of the path I didn’t choose.
38. When I was 8 years old, it mattered what my favorite singer said and wore and expressed opinions about.
39. I remember straightening my hair because I wanted to be like everybody else, and now the fact that anybody would emulate what I do? It’s just funny.
40. When you walk out onstage in front of 65,000 people, it can bring you to tears.
41. But, I’ve always loved John Mayer and I think T-Pain is brilliant.
42. There are certain people who elicit a really passionate response. It’s crazy. That’s my Alexander Wang theory.
43. A lot of the jewelry that I wear are fan gifts because they’re so awesome and they give me great presents.
44. For me, great music doesn’t just have to fall into one category or one genre and I love appreciating all kinds of music.
45. Most of the time, songs that I write end up being finished in 30 minutes or less.
46. I don’t think I’d ever make an album of just covers because I love writing my own music.
47. I would like to do a duet with Taylor Hanson, because I have loved Hanson since I was 8.
48. I get so excited when a song I wrote that’s very personal to me goes No. 1 and I look down and see people singing the words back to me.
49. I think the tiniest little thing can change the course of your day, which can change the course of your year, which can change who you are.
50. Your feelings so are important to write down, to capture, and to remember because today you’re heartbroken, but tomorrow you’ll be in love again.
51. And, honestly, if somebody wants to criticize me for not being a trainwreck, that’s fine with me!
52. If you’re yelling you’re the one who’s lost control of the conversation.
53. And if you’re horrible to me I’m going to write a song about you and you are not going to like it. That’s how I operate.
54. When I’m getting to know someone, I look for someone who has passions that I respect, like his career. Someone who loves what he does is really attractive.
55. Love is the one wild card.
56. I’ve been careful in love. I’ve been careless in love. And I’ve had adventures I wouldn’t trade for anything.
57. But when I hear a great song, I can’t help but be inspired by it, regardless of whatever genre that song falls under.
58. I have this fear of falling in front of large groups of people. That’s why I tend not to wear heels.
59. I didn’t want to just be another girl singer. I wanted there to be something that set me apart.
60. I feel like in my music I can be a rebel. I can say things I wouldn’t say in real life.