Who is Earl Nightingale
Earl Nightingale was an American motivational speaker and author, known as the “Dean of Personal Development.” He was the voice in the early 1950s of Sky King, the hero of a radio adventure series, and was a WGN radio show host from 1950 to 1956. Nightingale was the author of the Strangest Secret, which economist Terry Savage has called “…One of the great motivational books of all time“.
Earl Nightingale Quotes
1. When you judge others, you do not define them, you define yourself
2. Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
3. Your world is a living expression of how you are using and have used your mind.
4. Whatever we plant in our subconscious mind and nourish with repetition and emotion will one day become reality.
5. We are all self-made, but only the successful will admit it.
6. Learn to enjoy every minute of your life. Be happy now. Don’t wait for something outside of yourself to make you happy in the future.
Think how really precious is the time you have to spend, whether it’s at work or with your family. Every minute should be enjoyed and savored
7. You are now, and you do become, what you think about.
8. Our attitude toward life determines life’s attitude towards us
9. Wherever there is danger, there lurks opportunity; wherever there is opportunity, there lurks danger. The two are inseparable.
10. Success is the progressive realization of a worthy goal or ideal.
11. Don’t let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use.
12. All you need is the plan, the road map, and the courage to press on to your destination.
13. Every one of us is the sum total of his own thoughts
14.People who have goals succeed because they know where they’re going. It’s that simple.
15. Each of us must live off the fruit of his thoughts in the future, because what you think today and tomorrow, next month and next year, you will mold your life and determine your future. You are guided by your mind.
16. A person who does not read is no better than one cannot read.
17. Our attitude toward life determines life’s attitude towards us.
18. No man can get rich himself unless he enriches others.
19. We tend to live up to our expectations.
20. Problems are challenges to creative minds. Without problems, there would be little reason to think at all.
21. A great attitude does much more than turn on the lights in our worlds; it seems to magically connect us to all sorts of serendipitous opportunities that were somehow absent before we changed.
22. We become what we think about.
23. You become what you think about.
24. The opposite of courage in our society is not cowardice… it is conformity.
25. Everything begins with an idea.
26. The more intensely we feel about an idea or a goal, the more assuredly the idea, buried deep in our subconscious, will direct us along the path to its fulfillment.
27. Everything that’s really worthwhile in life came to us free; our mind, our soul, our body, our hopes, our dreams, our ambitions, our intelligence, our love of family and children and friends. All these priceless possessions are free, but the things that cost us money are actually very cheap and can be replaced at any time.
28. Success is not the result of making money; making money is the result of success – and success is in direct proportion to our service.
29. We’ve got to put the fuel in before we can expect heat. Likewise, we’ve got to be of service first before we can expect money. Don’t concern yourself with the money. Be of service. Build. Work. Dream. Create. Do this and you’ll find that there is no limit to the prosperity and abundance that will come to you.
30. Men credited with all kinds of ability, talent, brains and know how, including the ability to see into the future, frequently have nothing more than the courage to keep everlastingly at what they set out to do. They have that one great quality that is worth more than all the rest put together. They simply will not give up! When a man makes up his mind to do something then it’s only a matter of time. Staying with time take bulldog persistence. This seems to be the entrance examination to success – lasting success — of any kind!
31. A great attitude does much more than turn on the lights in our worlds; it seems to magically connect us to all sorts of serendipitous opportunities that were somehow absent before the change.
32. Never give up on a dream because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
33. A good deal of frustration and unhappiness could be avoided if people would just do what they know they should do.
34. You are what you think about.
35. The biggest mistake that you can make is to believe that you are working for somebody else. Job security is gone. The driving force of a career must come from the individual. Remember: Jobs are owned by the company, you own your career!
36. Even if our home burns down we can rebuild it. But the things that we got for nothing, we can never replace.
37. Everything you and I will ever have will come to us as the result of the way we use our minds, the one thing we possess that makes us different from all other creatures.
38. One, you will become what you think about. Two, remember the word imagination. Let your mind soar. Three, courage. Concentrate on your goal everyday. Four, save 10 percent of what you earn and action. Ideas are worthless unless we act on them.
39. And the greatest teacher of them all, the carpenter from the plains of Galilee, gave us the Secret time and time again, “As ye believe, so shall it be done, unto you.
40. The only person who succeeds is the person who is progressively realizing a worthy ideal. It’s the person who says, “I’m going to become this and then progressively works toward that goal.
41. Every one of us is the sum total of our own thoughts.
42. one extra hour of study per day and you ‘ll be a national expert in five years or less
43. Prosperity is founded upon a law of mutual exchange. Any person who contributes to prosperity must prosper, in turn, himself. Sometimes the return will not come from those you serve, but it must come to you from someplace, for that is the law.
44. Live this new way and the flood gates of abundance will open and pour over you more riches than you may have dreamed existed. Money, yes, lots of it, but what’s more important you’ll have peace. You’ll be in that wonderful minority who lead calm, cheerful successful lives. Start today. You have nothing to lose. But you have a life to win.
45. as you believe so shall it be done unto you.
46. Successful people are not without problems. They’re simply people who’ve learned to solve their problems.
47. Don’t concern yourself with the money. Be of service … build … work … dream … create! Do this and you’ll find there is no limit to the prosperity and abundance that will come to you.
48. It is not what happens to you in life that makes the difference. It is how you react to each circumstance you encounter that determines the result. Every human being in the same situation has the possibilities of choosing how he will react – either positively or negatively.
49. Work never killed anyone. It’s worry that does the damage. And the worry would disappear if we’d just settle down and do the work.
50. But most people live a life of quiet mediocrity and never achieve the success they truly desire because they get impatient. They want easy success or none at all. They see the path to success as a frustration, an impediment. Each day spent short of the ultimate goal is viewed as a time of failure and as an annoyance. As such, they get distracted by hundreds of little things that each day try to get us off our course. Yet the successful among us know the truth:
51. There is a time when one must decide either to risk everything to fulfill one’s dreams or sit for the rest of one’s life in the backyard.
52. William James said: “The greatest discovery of my generation is that human beings can alter their lives by altering their attitudes of mind. We need only in cold blood act as if the thing in question were real, and it will become infallibly real by growing into such a connection with our life that it will become real. It will become so knit with habit and emotion that our interests in it will be those which characterize belief.” He also said,”If you only care enough for a result, you will almost certainly attain it. If you wish to be rich, you will be rich. If you wish to be learned, you will be learned. If you wish to be good, you will be good – only you must, then, really wish these things, and wish them exclusively, and not wish at the same time a hundred other incompatible things just as strongly.
53. Life should be an exciting adventure. It should never be a bore. A man should live fully, be alive. He should be glad to get out of bed in the morning. He should be doing a job that he likes to do because he does it well. One
54. Ask, and it shall be given you. Seek, and ye shall find. Knock, and it shall be opened unto you. For every one that asketh, recieveth. And he that seeketh, findeth. And to him that knocketh, it shall be opened.
55. A success is anyone who is doing deliberately a worthy predetermined job, because that’s what he decided to do … deliberately.
56. Think about your goal in a relaxed, positive way. Picture yourself in your mind’s eye as having already achieved this goal. See your self doing the things you will be doing when you have reached your goal.
57. If your opportunity comes and you are not prepared for it, it will only make you look foolish.
58. Do each day all that can be done that day. You don’t need to overwork or to rush blindly into your work trying to do the greatest possible number of things in the shortest possible time.
59. Your problem is to bridge the gap which exists between where you are now and the goal you intend to reach.
60. Learn to enjoy every minute of your life. Be happy now. Don’t wait for something outside of yourself to make you happy in the future.