1. I always want to think of myself as an underdog.
2. The outside perception and inside perception of Microsoft are so different. The view of Microsoft inside Microsoft is always kind of an underdog thing
3. When you hear my lyrics, you hear the shots that I throw at people. I throw shots because I always been the underdog. I got rejected so many times, and I say it in my lyrics constantly.
4. I never expect to lose. Even when I’m the underdog, I still prepare a victory speech
5. I love being the underdog.
6. My favorite driver is always either the bad guy or the underdog
7. Consciousness-one level is understanding where we are in space. Consciousness two is where we understand our position in society: who’s top dog, who’s underdog and who’s in the middle. And type-three consciousness is simulating the future. And type-three consciousness, only humans have this ability to see far into the future
8. There’s a place in me that can really relate to being the underdog
9. I’ve always taken pride in relating to the underdog or little guy or gal
10. When I started writing, I said, ‘I don’t know how to do this. I don’t know if it sounds good.’ Coming from being an underdog or being told that something wasn’t for you over and over repeatedly, it took a lot out of me. It took a lot of my self-confidence
11. The more people that learn about you, even if you’re an underdog, then you can come under fire a lot and the more attention you get and the more threatening or dangerous you appear to people. And the more people try to knock you down
12. Everyone in our clique rocks a black bandana with the print ‘EST 19XX’ on them 24/7. As the underdog, you are expected to lose or give up and ‘wave the white towel,’ so that is why our flag is black. We never give up – never surrender. EST means ‘Everyone Stands Together.’ The ’19XX’ is to represent any age
13. Ultimately, ‘Cinderella’ is the story of the underdog. You root for her in this fairytale; the girl who has nothing, deserves so much more, and gets it.
14. People love sympathy, people love the underdog. For me, sympathy is not part of my drag aesthetic
15. For the most part, since the time I was in EliteXC fighting, maybe there were one or two fights here and there that they had me to win, but for the most part I’ve been an underdog. I’m not a kickboxer so I’m going to lose to a kickboxer. I’m not a wrestler, my wrestling sucks, so I’m going to lose to a wrestler
16. I like being the underdog so they don’t expect what’s going to happen. It pushes me to work harder and do the things I’m not doing better.
17. I’ve always felt like the underdog, and I’m comfortable with that label
18. My whole career’s been an underdog’s.
19. I don’t like laughing at people unless they’re in a privileged position or if they’re in authority. If it’s poor people or people who live on the outskirts or on the margins, or the underdog, I’d rather be laughing with them
20. Well, fans always root for the underdog.
21. I’m very competitive by nature. And I like to be the underdog – It’s the best way to win. To come from behind and win is a great feeling
22. I feel like I’m always on the right side of wrong and trying to shout out for the underdog
23. Yes, I was inspired by Jack London and still love reading his books. Ernie Banks is another hero because I lived in Chicago for two years as a kid, and I loved that he was the Cubs’ loyal underdog and one of the first African-Americans to make that breakthrough
24. I love being the underdog sometimes
25. The fact of being an underdog changes people in ways that we often fail to appreciate. It opens doors and creates opportunities and enlightens and permits things that might otherwise have seemed unthinkable
26. The underdog winning is the romantic position
27. I represent both the underdog and the overdog in our society
28. I am the underdog, and I want to prove that one can follow one’s dreams despite all the flaws and setbacks.
29. That’s why I wrote ‘Fighter’. I have that need in me to help people. I am all about the underdog.
30. John Peel made his reputation with his radio show and his record label, Dandelion, by championing the underdog.
31. Spiderman is the underdog, and I love underdogs.
32. I like superheroes who are very human and underdog. That’s why I relate to my character in ‘A Flying Jatt’: because he is a very normal person and very human. He was very unsure about his super powers; he didn’t know how to use them. He is scared of heights, speed. Especially he is scared of his mom, but he has to listen to her.
33. The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win.
34. I just think, as a people in general, we should always look at ourselves as the underdog, so we should always go harder than the next person.
35. It’s better to be the underdog than have all the pressure, for sure.
36. I’ve always been an underdog. I feel like I beat the odds.
37. I am the underdog – the 5-foot, 6-inch wrestler. The kids don’t say, ‘I can beat Rey.’ Instead, they say, ‘I can be like Rey.’
38. When I see something unjust, I have to intervene – it’s hard for me to watch the underdog suffer.
39. It’s wonderful being the underdog.
40. I love the idea of being the underdog, coming in with a take on this underdog character and completely blow people’s expectations away. Like, ‘Oh, you thought he was going to be a wimpy character? No no no.
41. The story of Airbnb is really the underdog story in many ways.
42. I’ve been an underdog all my life
43. Everyone loves a comeback story, and everyone loves the underdog as well. I kind of feel like I’ve been the underdog. Hopefully that inspires people to not give up on themselves and their lives and not give up on their dreams.
44. When you take away everything else, ‘Star Wars’ is really an underdog story. Even Luke came from humble beginnings, and he ended up being one of the most powerful Jedi out there.
45. I’ve never been the top dog. I’ve always been the underdog. And that’s why I relate so much to Utah, because we’re underdogs, we’re overlooked, kind of thought of as an afterthought.
46. I’ve always been passionate about the concept of helping the underdog. It just doesn’t make sense to me as to what kind of person would take a huge platform and not use it to do something, to change something, to help people.
47. I believe that my art gets across the point that I’m in this morality theater trying to help the underdog, and I’m speaking socially here, showing concern and making psychological and philosophical statements for the underdog
48. I have an underdog spirit in me, and now it feels weird to kind of get my own way more often than not.
49. Boxing is made for film – there is corruption, violence, tragedy and the chance that the underdog can catch the champion with one lucky punch.
50. Donald Trump is clearly the underdog in this race. Just about every organized institution has thrown everything it has at him. And they won’t stop until they get their wish, that Hillary Clinton will be sworn in on January 20, 2017.
51. America is full of success stories featuring victories by the underdog.
52. I always identified with that feeling of being an underdog. So I always was looking to connect with and meet people from other cultures, to experience people living a different life that I am.
53. Ultimately, we’ll help the people we discriminate against if we try to understand more about them; genetics will lead to a world where there is a sympathy for the underdog.
54. I think everyone roots for the underdog.
55. Don’t try to make a big bluff on the turn with a drawing hand. With only one card to come, even a big draw is an underdog against a made hand. Keep the betting small
56. I tend to not discriminate when it comes to people I can learn from. Basically, if someone has built a meaningful business in software, technology or media, faced disruption and adversity, and overcame underdog status, I want to know how they did it.
57. In my mind, I always think of myself as an underdog type.
58. When I first met the world, basically, or introduced myself to people, I was in ‘Superbad,’ and I feel the same way I felt promoting ‘Superbad’ in an underdog style that I feel promoting ‘Moneyball.
59. It’s always better to shock people and change people’s expectations than to give them exactly what they think you can do. It’s not unexpected for me to be in a comedy film anymore; I’m no longer the underdog in that world. Not that I’m great or good at it or anything, it’s just that I’ve done a bunch of them, so you’re not shocked.
60. What I look for are guys that work hard, have a great work ethic and embrace that underdog mentality a little bit. And certainly there is no substitute for toughness.