Tough Guy Quote
1. The policeman must be a minister, a social worker, a diplomat, a tough guy, and a gentleman. And, of course, he’d have to be a genius… For he will have to feed a family on a policeman’s salary.
2. I’m tough when I have to be, tender when I should be. When you find a really tough guy, he’s not a predator. He doesn’t have to prove himself. Guys who have to pretend to be tough, they ain’t. I’m tough.
3. I’m a pretty tough guy, you know. I’m a pretty hard man. I’ve got a lot of compassion, but I don’t waste time with people.
4. I’m not always ‘Dominick Cruz, Tough Guy.’ Depression runs in my bloodline.
5. My dad had a ‘fro, and I didn’t. So I wore his hat and it always hit me in the face, so I just turned it around and it just stuck. It wasn’t like I was trying to be a tough guy or change the way that baseball is played. It was just that my dad wore a size 7 1/2, and I had a 6 1/4. It was just too big.
6. A common misperception of me is… that I am a tough, rough northerner, which I suppose I am really. But I’m pretty mild-mannered most of the time. It’s the parts that you play I guess. I don’t mind it. I’m not a tough guy. I’d like to act as a fair, easy-going, kind man at some point.
7. I played soccer my whole life. I’m kind of a heavier person, and whenever you kick and punt, no matter how limited an activity it is, my brain and shoulders are going to be OK because I didn’t play a tough guy position, but my knees took a lot of wear and tear from the kicking.
8. One of the toughest guys in the world is Randy Couture – he is the true epitome of what a tough guy is.
9. My dad was a Marine. He was one of the Montford Point Marines. Those are the equivalent of the Tuskegee Airmen for Marines. He’s a tough, tough guy.
10. I’ve never been a bad guy – never acted like a tough guy.
11. But I’m not a tough guy or a street fighter for real. I’m just an actor.
12. There is a tendency in the media to simplify me to the point that I am somehow a tough guy. I think there is a lot more to me.
13. I don’t like to risk – I’m actually not a tough guy at all, make no mistake about it, so I’m not going to do something that I’m scared of. So, if something looks dangerous, at the time I didn’t think it was, because I’m the first person to cower away from a risk of injury if there seems to be one.
14. My dad was a Marine. He was one of the Montford Point Marines. Those are the equivalent of the Tuskegee Airmen for Marines. He’s a tough, tough guy. When I was 15 we had a fight, and I didn’t speak to him for 10 years.
15. I am a tough guy.
16. When I first started, it was a dare. Someone basically said, ‘You’re a tough guy… but I’ll bet you won’t get on a microphone in front of a bunch of people.’ I was terrified, but I did it. Once I broke the ice and got onstage and got some laughs, I thought, ‘That’s not so bad.’
17. My mom used to say that I became a fighter and a scrapper and a tough guy to protect who I am at my core.
18. I made a good living being a tough guy on TV, but I’d rather laugh and joke all day long than try to be a tough guy.
19. Peter is an old friend. I’m heartbroken, but he’s also a tough guy. I’m counting on him getting through this very difficult passage.
20. I’m not some young tough guy trying to prove a point anymore.
21. I’m not a tough guy. I’m just delivering the truth and only the truth and if you can’t deal with it, too bad.
22. I’ve been in fights, but that doesn’t make me cool or like a tough guy or more interesting actor, I’m not proud of it.
23. I’m a very tough guy, and I fight hard, and I don’t give up. And that makes me friends and that makes me enemies, and I know that.
24. I like to pretend that I’m a tough guy. It’s kind of an admission of defeat if I have to ask for help – or even kindness. But if it doesn’t come, at some point I snap and demand it.
25. I didn’t think I was so tough until I did ‘Champion’; then I was a tough guy.
26. Growing up in New Jersey, everyone wanted to be a tough guy. That meant baggy pants that fell down, big T- shirts, and chains. I couldn’t imagine wearing tight jeans, as I thought it was dorky. Now I look at pictures of me then and think, ‘Yeah, you looked dorky.’
27. I don’t want to be remembered as just some tough guy who could take punches.
28. Sinatra slowly found a way to allow tenderness into the performance while remaining manly. He perfected the role of the Tender Tough Guy and passed it on to several generations of Americans. Before him, that archetype did not exist in American popular culture.
29. I have thin skin. I’m not a tough guy.
30. There are guys who thrive completely on the action in the ring and see the promotion as a necessary evil, whereas I think it’s so much easier to tell people what a tough guy you are, as opposed to backing it up.
31. What I look for in a role is the physical. But what’s the journey emotionally? Can I take this person who is this archetypal tough guy and find the beauty?
32. My father was a Marine who fought in the Pacific in WW II. He was a very tough guy, but after the war, he lived his life in a quiet and reserved manner because he had nothing to prove. I know now that he internalized his war experience.
33. Our dad was an iron worker, a really tough guy. He raised us to be strong and stand up for ourselves. Whatever we want, we go and get it. Sometimes, you have to take it.
34. My father was a dreamer – my hero. He was a smart, tough guy from Poland, a cutter of lady’s handbags, an old socialist-unionist who always considered himself a failure. His big line was: ‘Don’t end up like me.’
35. Chris Weidman is a tough guy; he’s well rounded. He’s known for being a wrestler. He’s very good on the ground. He can knock people out standing up.
36. It’s weird: I don’t see myself as a tough guy.
37. I’m good when I’ve got a bit of an edge, like the Clint Eastwood type of archetypal character. The tough guy that doesn’t say a lot.
38. Sinatra, here’s a guy who plays a tough guy in all his movies, but was allowed to be vulnerable when he stepped up to the microphone.
39..Not only is it OK for a woman to write about a tough guy, but it might even help sell him.
40. I’m not a tough guy, but I’ll throw down just like the rest of them if I have to.
41. This idea that you’re a successful tough guy if you evade taxes and deceive the state has got to change.
42. A tough guy, to me, stands for something, and he’s not afraid to get a beating.
43. I’m used to being the big tough guy, the bodyguard type.
44. My father was this big, tough guy, almost heroic in proportion to me as a child. It was only later that I saw how fearful he was.
45. It’s easy to be a tough guy when no one’s going to come knocking on your door.
46. My father was a very tough guy with me and my brothers. He wanted to teach us a lot of discipline and life philosophy. As I became more interested in martial arts, he started teaching a lot of fighting philosophy and karate philosophy. While he was a tough father, he also knew when to be sweet and show a softer side.
47. I just tried to go out there and play with attitude, doing what I was supposed to do and knowing my role on the team. Doing what my team expected me to do every night, not just once a week. It was all about work and I was just a tough guy who would knock somebody down.
48. Anderson Silva is a tough guy, man. He’s dangerous. He’s got heavy hands, and he’s not afraid to throw them. He’s a dangerous opponent for anyone.
49. Anybody who was in ‘The Godfather’ is a tough guy.
50. Hydration is everything. Think of this: your muscles are 70-plus percent water – how are you not drinking water during a workout? I get the whole, ‘Let’s challenge ourselves; let’s do that prison, tough guy thing,’ but at the end of the day, you’re underperforming.
51. Eddie Alvarez, man, he’s a tough guy.
52. My dad was a big grinder, a tough guy. I inherited that from him.
53. I just don’t see where Chris Weidman is going to threaten me. He’s a tough guy, but I’m better on my feet, better on the ground. He’s not going to threaten me with his wrestling.
54. I don’t know how to put on any tough guy pretensions.
55. My background has made me the person I am today. It’s made me a mentally and physically tough guy.
56. I was introduced to fighting by my brother – he’s a tattooer, a tough guy – and I completely fell in love with it. I was watching fights on YouTube all the time. I would go to parties to watch UFC fights.
57. Rebrasse was a good opponent, a tough guy, he took an awful lot of punches. I knew it was going to be tough. I didn’t want to run out of steam, I felt in great condition but you always have to be cautious against a guy who has never been stopped.
58. Listen man, Andrei Arlovski is a tough guy, but he hasn’t fought the caliber of opponents I’ve been fighting.
59. Gabriel Gonzaga is a very solid fighter, and I’ve seen some of his fights. He’s a tough guy.
60. I wanna be in action movies, I wanna be the tough guy… I wanna scare people.