Who is Tom Brady
Tom Brady was born on the 3rd August 1977 and is one of the greatest American NFL quarterbacks to have ever played the game. He went to college at the University of Michigan and was subsequently drafted as the 199th pick by the New England Patriots in the 2000 NFL Draft. In the following 20 seasons, he achieved unparalleled success, playing in nine Super Bowls and winning six. As well as that, he has picked up countless individual accolades including MVP awards and holds records for titles, playoff appearances, passing yards and touchdown passes.
An inspiration to many in the game, he continues to play and has joined the Tamba Bay Buccaneers, hoping to continues his legacy. However, it is important to note that his legacy is tainted by the Deflategate scandal that engulfed the New England Patriots in 2015/2016, and his alleged involvement led to him receiving a 4 game ban. This, of course, didn’t stop his success and he went on to win subsequent Super Bowls.
Brady is regularly listed in teams of the decade, top 100 players of all time and the top quarterback of all time and the quotes below provide an insight into the man he is and what has driven him to such success.
Tom Brady Quotes
1. A lot of times I find that people who are blessed with the most talent don’t ever develop that attitude, and the ones who aren’t blessed in that way are the most competitive and have the biggest heart.
2. Every quarterback can throw a ball; every running back can run; every receiver is fast; but that
mental toughness that you talk about translates into competitiveness.
3. I’m a pretty good winner. I’m a terrible loser. And I rub it in pretty good when I win.
4. You’re not going to see my sense of humor on the football field. That’s not a place for me to joke around.
5. All parents are concerned about their children’s well-being. As a parent of three kids, I’m very concerned about their well-being.
6. Mentally, the only players who survive in the pros are the ones able to manage all their responsibilities. Everybody struggles in different ways.
7. When you’re one of the leaders of the team, there are no days off.
8. WIth football you can have up to 28 guys you consider starters, and if they can pick up the slack when some aren’t playing so well, you don’t have to turn those two game losing streaks into six-game losing streaks.
9. We all have experiences in our lives that change us, and we all learn from people, like my dad, but at the end of the day, it’s only us. And we’re only responsible to make ourselves happy.
10. To me, if you’re trying to impress a girl, get a date, they’re gonna like that more because you’re a confident guy. That’s what it comes down to.
11. I’m an emotional person. Sometimes I can’t help it.
12. To me, football is so much about mental toughness, it’s digging deep, it’s doing whatever you need to do to help a team win and that comes in a lot of shapes and forms.
13. Too often in life, something happens and we blame other people for us not being happy or satisfied or fulfilled. So the point is, we all have choices, and we make the choice to accept people or situations or to not accept situations.
14. I’ve had just about everything punched. I’ve had things grabbed that just shouldn’t be grapped.
15. Sometimes, getting up in the morning and brushing your teeth is the hardest part of the day – it all just hurts.
16. I have a memory, and I can just eliminate mistakes when they come up because I’ve already made them.
17. When you have two busy kids running around the house, returning e-mails is a task, let alone surfing the web
18. I don’t want to wake up and be bored. That’s probably my greatest fear is to have nothing to do. What better job is there than to play quarterback for an NFL team, and certainly one that I’ve been on for a long time and had success with? I don’t plan on giving it up any time soon.
19. The true competitors, though, are the ones who always play to win.
20. I always try to do as much as I can do. I’m never a person that does not enough, because I’d regret not doing enough and think I probably could have done more. I probably go too far and have to reel myself back in, which works in some things, and other things it doesn’t work.
21. My sisters like cooking at my place. It has a bit more room, and the food tastes a little bit better. A big pot of spaghetti and sauce, some warm French bread – works all the time. I think I’ve been
eating pasta for 26 years.
22. I play a complicated position in an intensely team-oriented game.
23. I’m much more comfortable and confident running out on the field in front of 70,000 people instead of standing in front of a camera trying to say some lines. The people who do that as a profession are very talented because it’s certainly not easy.
24. After the first day of practice, there’s not one guy who’s playing at 100 percent or who feels great. Sometimes, getting up in the morning and brushing your teeth is the hardest part of the day – it just hurts.
25. Every man should know, if you’re comfortable and you like it, you should do it. Everyone always worries about what the girls think, what the guys think. If you like it, do it.
26. You never get over losses. I’ve never gotten over one loss I’ve had in my career. They always stick with me.
27. If someone lies, well, you had a choice to trust that person or not. I think the way my father raised me, well, he trusted everybody. And that worked for him.
28. My personal feelings are my personal feelings. I don’t want to express them with anyone except for a very few people. It doesn’t do any good. It really doesn’t.
29. I’m not really concerned with portraying this tough warrior – I mean, that’s part of my job and I take that very seriously. But I don’t have anything to hide, and I’m not concerned with what people think.
30. If I have something to say, I want it to be meaningful.
31. The only thing I ever wanted to be was a professional football player.
32. I think any man who lets a woman pick what he should wear… I mean, you gotta draw the line somewhere as a man. I see these guys, ‘My wife told me to wear this!’ And I just shake my head.
33. So many guys are so conservative with their hair, and I always joke with all my buddies when they mess with me, and I’ll say, ‘That’s right, keep the same haircut for ten years.’ How fun is that?
34. I think I have a certain respect for people, you know. And I guess a lot of times I expect that respect to go both ways.
35. In Boston, they love their sports celebrities. And it’s great.
36. I think the running game is very important to every offense. Being balanced is extremely important. There’s times where you have to throw the ball. You could be down late in the game, you need to come back; you have to be able to pass it when they know you’re passing it.
37. I’m attracted to women who are smart and funny and ambitious and have lives of their own and great families. Isn’t that what attracts anyone?
38. If I feel anxious every time someone is staring at me, well, I can’t control what they stare at, but my reaction is, I’m just not going to go outside the house. I’m going to stay in and chill. And when I do go out, I understand what comes along with that.
39. As a part of the NFL, things change every year.
40. There are times when you throw an interception and you’re beating yourself up.
41. Maybe some people can wake up and play PlayStation all day, but that’s never been me.
42. My wife and I are very affectionate.
43. Nothing surprises me anymore in the NF
44. I’ve always been privileged to play for Coach Belichick, who I’ve always said is the best coach in the history of the league
45. Fortunately for a quarterback, you can play for a long time because you don’t get hit very often.
46. I think that at the start of a game, you’re always playing to win, and then maybe if you’re ahead late in the game, you start playing not to lose. The true competitors, though, are the ones who always play to win.
47. I see so many guys, really athletic guys, wearing pleats and I just shake my head. Like, Tiger Woods used to wear pleated pants! I’m like, ‘C’mon, Tiger!’
48. I’m never going to be fast, and nobody will ever mistake me for being fast.
49. My job is to play quarterback, and I’m going to do that the best way I know how, because I owe that to my teammates regardless of who is out there on the field with me.
50. People want to go out and travel around and meet cool people. I could just go live in Vermont, but is that what I really want?
51. You know, watching Dan Marino and Steve Young get nominated to the Hall of Fame… those guys are unbelievable and they did it for so long. I’d love to play like those guys, but there’s still a long way to go and a lot of growing.
52. When I’m out on the football field, I have so much confidence in what I’m doing.
53. I’m not a very creative person, you know? I’m not really an art person. I’m not a great reader or writer or artist or musician.
54. If you’re a quarterback, you want everything on your shoulders. You want to be the one to make the decisions.
55. Man, wear your seat belts. That’s all I can tell everybody. You never know.
56. Sleep is all about recovering. So if you’re not sleeping, you’re not recovering. And if you’re going to break your body down a lot, you better find ways to build it back up. And the only way to do that is get a lot of sleep. So for me, I go to bed at like 8:30, 9:00. As soon as I put my kids to bed. Because I’m up at 5:30 the next day.
57. Every action has a consequence. It may be good for strengthening. And I have no doubt that lifting a lot of weights can get you stronger. I just don’t know if lifting stronger weights can keep you healthy, or it can keep you doing your job better, especially for a pro athlete.
58. I was the kid that was the 199th pick that never had the body for it. People didn’t think I’d play one year in the NFL, and now I’m going on my 17th year.
59. It’s an offseason. These days are valuable for everybody.
60. I have more suits than days of the year that I get to wear them.