1. If you got the game, you got the game. That’s why Tiger Woods is out there playing golf with Greg Norman.
2. Some people regard private enterprise as a predatory tiger to be shot. Others look on it as a cow they can milk. Not enough people see it as a healthy horse, pulling a sturdy wagon.
3. When a man wants to murder a tiger he calls it sport; when a tiger wants to murder him he calls it ferocity.
4. An oppressive government is more to be feared than a tiger.
5. I met Tiger Woods when he was younger. He’s amazing – obviously technically, but his mental approach, too. He’s really something.
6. The tiger springs in the new year. Us he devours.
7. I just wasn’t cut out to be a Chinese Tiger Mom. I’m more of an Irish Setter Dad.
8. To anger female voters in America is to tread on the tiger’s tail. Women turn out in huge numbers, and they are well aware of how their bodies work and what they need.
9. In waking a tiger, use a long stick.
10. The serpent, the king, the tiger, the stinging wasp, the small child, the dog owned by other people, and the fool: these seven ought not to be awakened from sleep.
11. The atom bomb is a paper tiger which the United States reactionaries use to scare people. It looks terrible, but in fact it isn’t.
12. Every woman should have four pets in her life. A mink in her closet, a jaguar in her garage, a tiger in her bed, and a jackass who pays for everything.
13. It’s nice to win. I’ll never win again. I may have to take up golf – take on Tiger.
14. We are all a tiger with feelings. An elephant who never forgets. We are tiger, panther, monkey – we are all of these things, all of the life rhythms.
15. The great Satyr and Tiger of Hyrcania presents a gift to those of the Ocean; A fleet’s chief will set out from Carmania, one who will take land at the Tyrren Phocaean.
16. I was a tiger, a good fighter, in good shape, but I was always nervous before boxing matches.
17. There has to be absolute trust between the tiger and its master, but its master must be the master – there must be no mistake about that.
18. I want to be a Tiger.
19. It’s pretty obvious when Tiger makes a birdie. I think everybody at the golf course cheers for him.
20. I have both English bulldog determination and Bengal tiger strength.
21. I have friends who come to the Australia Zoo, and it’s just, instead of playing video games, we get to hug and kiss a giraffe or walk a tiger.
22. I’m different. I have a different constitution, I have a different brain, I have a different heart. I got tiger blood, man. Dying’s for fools, dying’s for amateurs.
23. I have a different constitution. I have a different brain; I have a different heart; I got tiger blood, man.
24. My mum and dad were a little like tiger parents. I hate that, but at the same time, I am a little bit proud.
25. I’ve never been on the cover of ‘Tiger Beat’ magazine, let’s put it that way. But that’s not why you go see Primus. You don’t go see Primus to see what kind of new clothing I’m wearing or what my new hairdo is.
26. I’m not scared of Tiger. I’m not scared to go head-to-head. I’m not scared to have a long-drive contest with him.
27. We have a lion, tiger, liger, which is the father is a lion and the mother is a tiger, black and spotted leopard, mountain lion, Asian leopard cats. Weve got a tremendous number of the exotic feline.
28. These are the animals that are the reason why you don’t see old animals in the wild. You don’t see sick animals in the wild. You don’t see lame animals in the wild, and its all because of the predator: the lion, the tiger, the leopard, all the cats.
29. You don’t see sick animals in the wild. You don’t see lame animals in the wild, and its all because of the predator: the lion, the tiger, the leopard, all the cats.
30. Apparently, I used to bite, scratch and growl at people when I was young, so my parents named me ‘Tiger.’
31. I have done everything I have ever wanted to do. I have swum with tiger sharks, been charged by lions and elephants. I have been shot three times, chased by crocodiles and, God be praised, I’ve made enough money that I can continue to do all the things I want to for as long as I am able.
32. I’ve often felt that the Indian tiger has not been unleashed.
33. I feel like a tiger right now. There’s nothing impossible if you get up and work for it.
34. My dad’s a Pentecostal minister, meaning that he’s full of charisma. If he’s telling a story about Noah’s ark, you best know each tiger is going to be having their own little conversation and narrative.
35. The passenger pigeon, the golden toad, the Caspian tiger: they are all gone, and other species hang by a thread. Our actions are not merely driving other species to extinction: we threaten our own survival, too, by destabilising ecosystems and destroying biodiversity.
36. I love a wild animal print. Not just a leopard print – I’m talking about a tiger or zebra print, too.
37. Animal totems, like the tiger, come from the Other Side to protect us while we are away from Home.
38. My dad was very strict. He was absolutely the Tiger Dad. You know, ‘You got a 98% on this test? Why didn’t you get 100?’ That was normal life for my brothers and I.
39. I think the whole ‘tiger mom’ thing is a very common trope. People like to show Asian moms giving pressure, but they don’t really show the love that comes with it.
40. Wooing the press is an exercise roughly akin to picnicking with a tiger. You might enjoy the meal, but the tiger always eats last.
41. My first novel, ‘The Tiger’s Daughter,’ embodies the loneliness I felt but could not acknowledge, even to myself, as I negotiated the no man’s land between the country of my past and the continent of my present.
42. I love the ambiguous kind of endings. I think, oftentimes, that’s what life really is – there’s no concrete path for you to take. It’s always kind of a jumble of variables. Behind this door could be a beautiful woman, and behind the same door could be a tiger, you know? You don’t know.
43. I’m not really a helicopter dad or tiger dad per se. If anything, I try to not do that, but I get anxious while I’m trying to be relaxed about raising my kids.
44. The most magnificent creature in the entire world, the tiger is.
45. An infallible method of conciliating a tiger is to allow oneself to be devoured.
46. The NRA – they are a paper tiger.
47. And it is very sexy as well: somebody says I’m taking you on a surprise date, you don’t know where you are going and you can’t see and then you put your hand out and there is a tiger. Amazing.
48. My son smelled like a cinnamon bun, and that smell entered into my biological being, and it became an imperative that I keep him alive at all costs, so then there’s this monster – this tiger or lion – that comes forward in you to protect them. And it doesn’t stop. It doesn’t matter if they become men or women.
49. I’ll confess right here that I secretly wish I’d have drawn a strip about a little boy with a fake tiger, going for adventures throughout the universe in spaceships of his imagination.
50. Pop just didn’t have enough substance for me. All this nyah-nyah-nyah, you know, ‘Paper Tiger’ and ‘Hold the Ladder, James’ and ‘Crimson and Clover.’ That wasn’t music!
51. There is no essence, but there is a flux that is more real than any instance of the flux, such as a milk bottle or a tiger.
52. Roaring like a tiger turns some children into pianists who debut at Carnegie Hall but only crushes others. Coddling gives some the excuse to fail and others the chance to succeed.
53. This stuff on enemy combatants, the Bush Administration has fought like a tiger to avoid having to produce any evidence to a judge to show why somebody is locked up in perpetuity. Another example of that is the torture scandal.
54. But I’m the child of a tiger mom.
55. Sometimes I get jealous when I’m reading a great book by a younger writer. But ‘White Tiger’ is so good, I almost forgot to hate Aravind Adiga.
56. I was a little tiger. I loved skating. You couldn’t get me out of my skates. As many times as I could go to the rink, I was there.
57. I have to make things right with Tiger first before anything else.
58. I have been given the tag of Sher Khan. So, the tiger is my spirit animal.
59. Call it the Tiger Mom effect: In the business world today, failure is apparently not an option.
60. True confession time: I never know where a book is going. I get a gut feeling the story is there, then pursue it with the enthusiasm of a hunting tiger on a trail. If I knew where I was going, I’d get bored out of my mind and stop writing.