1. There’s a sunrise and a sunset every single day, and they’re absolutely free. Don’t miss so many of them.
2. Ô, Sunlight! The most precious gold to be found on Earth.
3. There’s always a story. It’s all stories, really. The sun coming up every day is a story. Everything’s got a story in it. Change the story, change the world.
4. HEARTWORK Each day is born with a sunrise
and ends in a sunset, the same way we
open our eyes to see the light,
and close them to hear the dark.
You have no control over
how your story begins or ends.
But by now, you should know that
all things have an ending.
Every spark returns to darkness.
Every sound returns to silence.
And every flower returns to sleep
with the earth.
The journey of the sun
and moon is predictable.
is your ultimate
5. How sweet the morning air is! See how that one little cloud floats like a pink feather from some gigantic flamingo. Now the red rim of the sun pushes itself over the London cloud-bank. It shines on a good many folk, but on none, I dare bet, who are on a stranger errand than you and I. How small we feel with our petty ambitions and strivings in the presence of the great elemental forces of Nature!
6. If you want to be reminded of the love of the Lord, just watch the sunrise.
7. Sunrise paints the sky with pinks and the sunset with peaches. Cool to warm. So is the progression from childhood to old age.
8. At sunrise everything is luminous but not clear.
9. And yet day and night meet fleetingly at twilight and dawn,” he said, lowering his voice again and narrowing his eyes and moving his head a quarter of an inch closer to hers. “And their merging sometimes affords the beholder the most enchanted moments of all the twenty four hours. A sunrise or sunset can be ablaze with brilliance and arouse all the passion, all the yearning, in the soul of the beholder.
10. Wake! For the Sun, who scatter’d into flight
The Stars before him from the Field of Night,
Drives Night along with them from Heav’n,
The Sultan’s Turret with a Shaft of Light
11. They rode on and the sun in the east flushed pale streaks of light and then a deeper run of color like blood seeping up in sudden reaches flaring planewise and where the earth drained up into the sky at the edge of creation the top of the sun rose out of nothing like the head of a great red phallus until it cleared the unseen rim and sat squat and pulsing and malevolent behind them.
12. What breaks in daybreak? Is it the night? Is it the sun, cracked in two by the horizon like an egg, spilling out light?
13. It’s the hour when night breaks away from the day, my dove, let me go.
14. The secret to a good morning is to watch the sunrise with an open heart.
15. The sunrise was the colour of bad blood. It leaked out of the east and stained the dark sky red, marked the scraps of the cloud with stolen gold. Underneath it the road twisted up the mountainside towards the fortress of Fontezarmo – a cluster of sharp towers, ash-black again the wounded heavens. The sunrise was red, black and gold.
The colours of their profession.
16. Sunrise looks spectacular in the nature; sunrise looks spectacular in the photos; sunrise looks spectacular in our dreams; sunrise looks spectacular in the paintings, because it really is spectacular!
17. There is, I have heard, a little thing called sunrise, in which the sun reverses the process we all viewed the night before. You might assume such a thing as mythical as those beasts that guard the corners of the earth, but I have it on the finest authority, and have, indeed, from time to time, regarded it with my own eyes.
18. Life. This morning the sun made me adore it. It had, behind the dripping pine trees, the oriental brightness, orange and crimson, of a living being, a rose and an apple, in the physical and ideal fusion of a true and daily paradise.
19. We’re not moments, Megan, you and me. We’re events. You say you might not be the same person you were a year ago? Well, who is? I’m sure not. We change, like swirling clouds around a rising sun.
20. At sunrise, the blue sky paints herself with gold colors and joyfully dances to the music of a morning breeze.
21. With a bound, the sun of a molten fiery red cam above the horizon, and immediately thousands of little birds sang out for joy, and a soft chorus of mysterious, glad murmurs came forth from the earth; the low whispering wind left its hiding-place among the clefts and hollows of the hills, and wandered among the rustling herbs and trees, waking the flower-buds to the life of another day.
22. It was not so much a modification of the darkness, as a sigh of relief, a slight relaxing of tension, so that one felt, rather than saw, that the night had suddenly lost a shade of its density… ah! yes; there! between these two shoulders of the hills she is bleeding to death.
23. Over the plains of Ethiopia the sun rose as I had not seen it in seven years. A big, cool, empty sky flushed a little above a rim of dark mountains. The landscape 20,000 feet below gathered itself from the dark and showed a pale gleam of grass, a sheen of water. The red deepened and pulsed, radiating streaks of fire. There hung the sun, like a luminous spider’s egg, or a white pearl, just below the rim of the mountains. Suddenly it swelled, turned red, roared over the horizon and drove up the sky like a train engine. I knew how far below in the swelling heat the birds were an orchestra in the trees about the villages of mud huts; how the long grass was straightening while dangling locks of dewdrops dwindled and dried; how the people were moving out into the fields about the business of herding and hoeing.
24. I never have time to write anymore. And when I do I only write about how I never have time. It’s work and it’s money and I’ve written more lists than songs lately. I stay up all night to do all these things I need to do, be all these things I want to be, playing with shadows in the darkness that shouldn’t be able to exist. Empty bottles and cigarettes while watching the sunrise, why do I complain? I have it all, everything I ever asked for.
25. There’d been blood in his eyes and Johnny was dying, but it was the most beautiful and frozen dawn Elisha had ever seen. He’d laid on the ground and stared through red stains at a bloody sun and bloody clouds and night’s last death whisper. Even the blind remember a dawn like that.
26. Would Turner have slept through such terrific drama? Absolutely not! Anyone in my business who slept through that would be a fool. I don’t keep office hours.
27. Listen to the wind blow, watch the sun rise.
28. Let the Morning Rise with Your Smile!.
29. Another world, another day, another dawn. The early morning;s thinnest sliver of light appeared silently. Several billion trillion tons of super hot exploding hydrogen nuclei rose slowly above the horizon and managed to look small, cold, and slightly damp.
There is a moment in ever dawn when light floats, there is the possibility of magic. Creation holds its breath.
30. Sunrise is the reminder that we can start new beginning from anywhere.
31. seduce me at sunrise, dance with me barefoot in the dew on the grass, make me wet and warm, and loved
32. Let the Morning Sky shade be your favourite colour!
33. When tomorrow broke, our hillside home filled up with honeyed light, a fish tank.
34. At 6:00 a.m. light streamed in the side window of the Harlem brownstone; it hit Father David like a beacon from God.
35. Every sunrise begins with new eyes.
36. For a girl with such a dark mind, you’re a little too in love with the sunrise.
37. A faint blush below the horizon, as the first kiss from the Sun wakes the Earth from its slumber.
38. When a lake’s doubt is shown as ripples, sunshine rays are flown to the hills.
39. Always there was a moment—a quick slip of time—when the sun broke free of the trees and bled from its yolk, spilling in red-orange rivers over the silk.
40. If I missed the sunrise of this day and if I let the sunset slip by unnoticed, I might ask if what captured my attention this day was worth the loss of this day because I can’t think of anything that’s that important.
41. on this morning, you feel her touch deeply into your soul as the misty fog lightly brushes in whispering silence across the surface of your being, amidst the soothing fragrance of wet pine needles floating all around…she creeps playfully though in wavy reflections, warming your waters with her magic, her dance, the hope for a new awakening
42. If I should capture the most beautiful sunrise, only then, will I stop capturing them.
43. Sunrise is the reminder that we can start new beginning all over again.
44. I love sunrises and sunsets. But what I really love is the space that I have in-between them to do something incredible.
45. I’ve got a sweet tooth and you are my remedy
I’ve got a game that’s sort of like a parody
You be the Marilyn and I’ll be the Kennedy
We can kiss till our minds reach ecstasy
Stay up until sunrise and make love recklessly
46. She leaned back in her chair, watching the sunrise as if it were a private performance intended just for her. And for a moment it felt that way: as if the sun was showing off for her benefit, reminding her how wonderful it was to be young and alive and in New York.
47. But Red’s blood kept gushing out. Her fur turned as scarlet as the sunrise behind them, as if her life were bleeding into the sky.
48. My dreams and nightmares have the same people in them.
49. The nature reveals itself how Great and Perfect God You are. You are bright as the sunrise and more beautiful than the sunset. Unto You all the Glory will be. You are God of creation and Lord of all mankind.
50. Far beyond the trees, the sun peeked its carroty face over the dark blue water, sweeping away the silvery darkness.
51. The sunrise is always a source of morale for human beings; In the days when the world experiences global disasters, sunrise becomes almost an angel!
52. As I woke up this morning, and I opened my eyes,
I am very grateful to see another sunrise
53. Pagiku adalah pagi di mana aku
harus terburu-buru menyeka kecupmu,
dari bekas kasur di rona pipiku.
••• IG: @crobyx Twitter: @crobyx2
54. In the small hours of a cold February dawn, Justin and I walked to the Pacific, high cliffs eroding over the ocean, crashed and crashed by lapping salty waves. Their spray misted us in day’s young purple air, exhilarating. Walking the Golden Gate Bridge, our world receding, pale gold sunrise lit thin fog, morning coloring us like a faded fairy tale.
55. Indeed, the sun rises each morning with a ray of new sunshine after the darkness of each night, such circled-journey of it will stay continue; however, not ours.
56. The block of sky in our twin high windows became a nectarine, amber and rose pink, and we lay in silence as white sunlight broke.
57. There is a reason why morning follows night, hjälte. After times of great darkness, we must take time to mourn all we have lost and all who were lost, even as hope rises with the sun.
58. The only place where the sun doesn’t come up is in the middle of an attitude that says it won’t come up. But even there it comes up. It’s just that we refused to look up.
59. I hope you realize that every day is a fresh start for you. That every sunrise is a new chapter in your life waiting to be written.
60. Sunrise is the start of something beautiful: the day.
Sunset is the start of something beautiful: the night.