1. Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.
2. The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving on
3. We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do
4. Issues are never simple. One thing I’m proud of is that very rarely will you hear me simplify the issues
5. The simple act of paying attention can take you a long way
6. When the solution is simple, God is answering
7. All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
8. The truth is rarely pure and never simple.
9. More helpful than all wisdom is one draught of simple human pity that will not forsake us.
10. My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.
11. My goal is simple. It is a complete understanding of the universe, why it is as it is and why it exists at all.
12. And now here is my secret, a very simple secret: it is only with the heart that one can see rightly, what is essential is invisible to the eye.
13. Facts which at first seem improbable will, even on scant explanation, drop the cloak which has hidden them and stand forth in naked and simple beauty.
14. They criticize me for harping on the obvious; if all the folks in the United States would do the few simple things they know they ought to do, most of our big problems would take care of themselves
15. Tramping is too easy with all this money. My days were more exciting when I was penniless and had to forage around for my next meal… I’ve decided that I’m going to live this life for some time to come. The freedom and simple beauty of it is just too good to pass up
16. Economy, prudence, and a simple life are the sure masters of need, and will often accomplish that which, their opposites, with a fortune at hand, will fail to do
17. What the people want is very simple – they want an America as good as its promise
18. Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented
19. Design is the method of putting form and content together. Design, just as art, has multiple definitions; there is no single definition. Design can be art. Design can be aesthetics. Design is so simple, that’s why it is so complicated
20. What you do on immigration policy, what you do on education policy, what you do on tax, regulatory, and energy policy, all connects together – and will be based on a simple determination about what will make life better in America for American citizens
21. When you feel as though you can’t do something, the simple antidote is action: Begin doing it. Start the process, even if it’s just a simple step, and don’t stop at the beginning
22. To me, it was shocking that a government of men could look with such extreme contempt on a movement that was asking nothing except such a simple little thing as the right to vote
23. The more simple my life is, the happier I am
24. If the sight of the blue skies fills you with joy, if a blade of grass springing up in the fields has power to move you, if the simple things of nature have a message that you understand, rejoice, for your soul is alive
25. I think it’s the same simple thing for everyone – to be happy, and have love in your life
26. I tend to like the most basic pieces with the perfect fit and fabric, like a simple tank
27. My philosophy is that while there’s life, there’s hope. It’s as simple as that
28. The Negro people of America… have cut our forests, tilled our fields, built our railroads, fought our battles, and in all of their trials they have manifested a simple faith, a grateful heart, a cheerful spirit, and an undivided loyalty
29. If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn’t
30. Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler
31. I believe that a simple and unassuming manner of life is best for everyone, best both for the body and the mind
32. Most of the fundamental ideas of science are essentially simple, and may, as a rule, be expressed in a language comprehensible to everyone
33. The firm, the enduring, the simple, and the modest are near to virtue
34. Want of foresight, unwillingness to act when action would be simple and effective, lack of clear thinking, confusion of counsel until the emergency comes, until self-preservation strikes its jarring gong – these are the features which constitute the endless repetition of history
35. They say the world has become too complex for simple answers. They are wrong
36. There are no easy answers, but there are simple answers. We must have the courage to do what we know is morally right
37. The objective I propose is quite simple to state: to foster the infrastructure of democracy – the system of a free press, unions, political parties, universities – which allows a people to choose their own way to develop their own culture, to reconcile their own differences through peaceful means
38. I would have a workshop attached to every school, and one hour a day given up to the teaching of simple decorative arts. It would be a golden hour to the children
39. In dwelling, live close to the ground. In thinking, keep to the simple. In conflict, be fair and generous. In governing, don’t try to control. In work, do what you enjoy. In family life, be completely present
40. On the ‘Star,’ you were forced to learn to write a simple declarative sentence. This is useful to anyone. Newspaper work will not harm a young writer and could help him if he gets out of it in time
41. I claim to be a simple individual liable to err like any other fellow mortal. I own, however, that I have humility enough to confess my errors and to retrace my steps
42. Are creeds such simple things like the clothes which a man can change at will and put on at will? Creeds are such for which people live for ages and ages
43. I claim to be a simple individual liable to err like any other fellow mortal. I own, however, that I have humility enough in me to confess my errors and to retrace my steps
44. If you want to be successful, it’s just this simple. Know what you are doing. Love what you are doing. And believe in what you are doing
45. A man’s work is nothing but this slow trek to rediscover, through the detours of art, those two or three great and simple images in whose presence his heart first opened
46. But what is happiness except the simple harmony between a man and the life he leads
47. All truth is simple… is that not doubly a lie
48. That’s been one of my mantras – focus and simplicity. Simple can be harder than complex: You have to work hard to get your thinking clean to make it simple. But it’s worth it in the end because once you get there, you can move mountains
49. I like the idea of amending the 1964 Civil Rights Act to include a ban of discrimination based on sexual orientation. It would be simple. It would be straightforward
50. We will follow two simple rules: Buy American and hire American