1. Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don’t resist them; that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.
2. When you do the right thing, you get the feeling of peace and serenity associated with it. Do it again and again.
3. The best fighter is never angry.
4. There are two ways to get enough. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.
5. Learn this from me. Holding anger is a poison. It eats you from inside. We think that hating is a weapon that attacks the person who harmed us. But hatred is a curved blade. And the harm we do, we do to ourselves.
6. Never respond to an angry person with a fiery comeback, even if he deserves it…Don’t allow his anger to become your anger.
7. Death, therefore, the most awful of evils, is nothing to us, seeing that, when we are, death is not come, and, when death is come, we are not.
8. One man practicing kindness in the wilderness is worth all the temples this world pulls.
9. I will be calm. I will be mistress of myself.
10. I will be calm. I will be mistress of myself.
11. Be calm. God awaits you at the door.
12. Destiny, I feel, is also a relationship – a play between divine grace and willful self-effort.
13. It is difficult to make a man miserable while he feels worthy of himself and claims kindred to the great God who made him.
14. Fear is the mind-killer.
15. How do you defeat terrorism? Don’t be terrorized.
16. Nothing is so aggravating as calmness.
17. Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.
18. Go in the direction of where your peace is coming from.
19. Pursue not the outer entanglements; Dwell not in the inner void; Be serene in the oneness of things; And dualism vanishes by itself.
20. Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people I had to kill because they pissed me off!
21. Change what cannot be accepted and accept what cannot be changed.
22. Please be peaceful. We believe in law and order. We are not advocating violence, I want you to love your enemies… for what we are doing is right, what we are doing is just — and God is with us.
23. Solitude is the house of peace.
24. If you lose your temper, you lose!
25. There comes a time for everybody when words and reasons can become such a great weariness.
26. It’s my estimation that every man ever got a statue made of him was one kind of a son of a bitch or another. –Malcolm Reynolds
27. Life has its rhythm ad we have ours. They’re designed to coexist in harmony, so that when we do what is ours to do and otherwise let life be, we garner acceptance and serenity.
28. Wisdom comes from reflection.
29. Today, young girls measure the quality of their beauty based upon its entertainment value. The more people are entertained by their beauty, the more beautiful they think they must be. This is very unfortunate and I would like young girls to know that their beauty is a crown; not a clown. And crowns are best worn with elegance and serenity.
30. Sweet serenity; the love and magic of two souls forever intertwined
31. With the persistent loud voice, fool asks us to respect serenity.
32. The brainless serenity of charwomen and janitors working late at night came over us. In a messy world we were at least making our little corner clean.
33. It took greater energy to be able to focus when heard the voice of wisdom in a hustle bustle than in serenity.
34. Common man’s patience will bring him more happiness than common man’s power.
35. The structure crouched like a great stone tiger on a slope of the East Bay, resting on the cliffside with calm grace.
36. Faith and relationship are easy when things go well—and are difficult to maintain when things go unwell. Lest we forget that its foundation and strength will be tested in times of adversity—not in serenity.
37. Calmness has the power to leave dirty water as clean water on top of dirt.
38. I wouldn’t need to be so very different for sun to seem to be about sun, for green to be about green, for joy and boredom and anguish and terror and death to all be themselves, beyond the need for any killing clarity, and then this–this, the growing rings of light and water and stone–would take up all of me, and be all the words I need.
39. People often give us a piece of their mind with the intention to take away our peace of mind.
40. All i know is this: when i am with you i feel completely alive. When i am with you i get a feeling which i can never get with anyone else. When i look into your eyes, i feel an unusual serenity. When i talk with you i feel a beautiful calmness that engulfs me. I feel i have reached my destination. And when i hug you, i feel home!
41. It is conducive to serenity to see the vast majority of people as the children they are spiritually and intellectually.
42. When I look into your eyes, I feel an unusual serenity!
43.Perusing for personal peace in a placid place pondering the possibilities of potentially possessing permanent patience and perseverance
44. Sacred rest is not just about sleeping or taking it easy. It consists of physical, emotional, and spiritual rest. The purpose is to promote a healthier mindset, attitudes, boundaries, relationships, productivity, and wellness as a whole person; body, mind, and spirit.
45. But the overruling dis-concertingness was to find himself unconcerned. It was as if some mysterious oil had been introduced into the workings of his mind. If a thought irked him, he thought of something else. If a project miscarried, a flooding serenity swept him beyond it. He lived a tranquil truant, dissociated from himself as though by a slight agreeable fever.
46. Why was it that the sight of water made everything in the world seem okay? She wanted to look at water every day.
47. Do not suffer pain and torment without reason. Somebody All-Powerful and All-Compassionate owns everything. Rely on His Power and do not accuse His Compassion. Renounce grief and anxiety ad accept relief. Be rid of your troubles and find serenity.
48. Life is naturally going to have ups and downs, comings and goings, pleasures and hardships, joy and pain. Let us be kind to ourselves, understanding that we are here to learn. And let us be kind to others, knowing that peace is the ultimate prize of life and nothing is worth more. Simply to side with peace is to disempower the ego’s hold. In so doing, the natural, beautiful, and healing rhythms of life have a chance to start singing their sweet song in our listening ear.
49. It was notable because they rarely quarreled anymore. Their marriage had become like the AA prayer: ‘God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
50. To the wise, peace of mind is the result of being fine with how things are; to the foolish, the result of things being fine.
51. When you create inner calmness, you will find outer serenity.
52. A grateful heart sees a glimpse of heaven in everything.
53. I would like to say to those who think of my pictures as serene, whether in friendship or mere observation, that I have imprisoned the most utter violence in every inch of their surface.
54. Serenity is not the conclusion of a soul journey, it is the acceptance of being on a soul journey.
55. In the end we will realise that we only came to earth to love.
56. The serenity of the sea is only matched by her salty kiss.
57. I can’t tell whether a revived man would appreciate his second chance or yearn for the stolen serenity.
58. Spend time with yourself. It is where everything begins. It is in this serene space of solitude that you will find clarity, peace and direction.
59. Acceptance is an important part of serenity. It is not enough, however, simply to accept the things we cannot change. For me, serenity comes from not having any investment in the outcome. If I am genuinely serene, then it will not matter to me whether things change or stay the same. Either way, I choose to be happy.
60. To find peace in any moment all we need to do is respect our own soul.