1. An eye for an eye will only make the whole world blind.
2. I will hurt you for this. I don’t know how yet, but give me time. A day will come when you think yourself safe and happy, and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you’ll know the debt is paid.
3. Harry was left to ponder in silence the depths to which girls would sink to get revenge.
4. My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!
5. I want to commit the murder I was imprisoned for.
6. The best revenge is to be unlike him who performed the injury.
7. If you spend your time hoping someone will suffer the consequences for what they did to your heart, then you’re allowing them to hurt you a second time in your mind.
8. Revenge, the sweetest morsel to the mouth that ever was cooked in hell.
9. Grudges are for those who insist that they are owed something; forgiveness, however, is for those who are substantial enough to move on.
10. Anger, resentment and jealousy doesn’t change the heart of others– it only changes yours.
11. The best revenge is not to be like your enemy.
12. Karma comes after everyone eventually. You can’t get away with screwing people over your whole life, I don’t care who you are. What goes around comes around. That’s how it works. Sooner or later the universe will serve you the revenge that you deserve.
13. Revenge proves its own executioner.
14. Not forgiving is like drinking rat poison and then waiting for the rat to die.
15. Often those that criticise others reveal what he himself lacks.
16. We should forgive our enemies, but not before they are hanged
17. When someone is mean to me, I just make them a victim in my next book.
18. Until a man is twenty-five, he still thinks, every so often, that under the right circumstances he could be the baddest motherfucker in the world. If I moved to a martial-arts monastery in China and studied real hard for ten years. If my family was wiped out by Colombian drug dealers and I swore myself to revenge. If I got a fatal disease, had one year to live, and devoted it to wiping out street crime. If I just dropped out and devoted my life to being bad.
19. Tell me, tutor,’ I said. ‘Is revenge a science, or an art?
20. God is a mean-spirited, pugnacious bully bent on revenge against His children for failing to live up to his impossible standards.
21. Stronger than lover’s love is lover’s hate. Incurable, in each, the wounds they make.
22. People should either be caressed or crushed. If you do them minor damage they will get their revenge; but if you cripple them there is nothing they can do. If you need to injure someone, do it in such a way that you do not have to fear their vengeance.
23. When you begin a journey of revenge, start by digging two graves: one for your enemy, and one for yourself.
24. Beware the fury of a patient man.
25. I’m a fighter. I believe in the eye-for-an-eye business. I’m no cheek turner. I got no respect for a man who won’t hit back. You kill my dog, you better hide your cat.
26. The paradox of vengefulness is that it makes men dependent upon those who have harmed them, believing that their release from pain will come only when their tormentors suffer.
27. I don’t like it, but my hands are tied. I just want you to know this: if I ever get the chance to betray you, I will. If the opportunity arises to pay you back, I’ll take it. You’ll never be able to trust me.
28. Humm humm haaa. Rahmumm humm haaaa,” intoned Opal, finishing her chant. “Peace be inside me, tolerance all around me, forgiveness in my path. Now, Mervall, show me where the filthy human is so that I may feed him his organs.
29. Revenge may be wicked, but it’s natural.
30. Insecure people only eclipse your sun because they’re jealous of your daylight and tired of their dark, starless nights.
31. Fool that I am,” said he,”that I did not tear out my heart the day I resolved to revenge myself
32. An eye for an eye, and the whole world would be blind.
33. To exact revenge for yourself or your friends is not only a right, it’s an absolute duty.
34. But men often mistake killing and revenge for justice. They seldom have the stomach for justice.
35. Let the flames begin!
36. You are enough to drive a saint to madness or a king to his knees.
37. Vengeance and retribution require a long time; it is the rule.
38. May the fleas of a thousand camels invade the crotch of the person that ruins your day. And may their arms be to short too scratch
39. There is nothing worse than having an enemy who is a total loser. It’s incredibly frustrating when seeking revenge against one, because you come to the realization that there is really nothing you can do to make the person’s life worse than it already is. They have nothing to take, there is no way to screw them over if you have been their victim. It’s maddening.
40. If anger were mileage, I’d be a very frequent flyer, right up there in First Class.
41. It’s hard to be done a favor by a man you hate. It’s hard to hate him so much afterwards. Losing an enemy can be worse than losing a friend, if you’ve had him for long enough.
42. Darkness… When everything that you know and love… is taken from you so harshly… all you can think about is anger, hatred, and even revenge… and no one can save you.
43. To seek greatness is the only righteous vengeance.
44. And you, you better run because i’m going to destroy you for what you’ve taken from me.
45. I take my only exercise acting as a pallbearer at the funerals of my friends who exercise regularly.
46. Revenge is sweet and not fattening.
47. The best revenge is living well.
48. The person who hurt you–who raped you or killed your family–is also here. If you are still angry at that person, if you haven’t been able to forgive, you are chained to him. Everyone could feel the emotional truth of that: When someone offends you and you haven’t let go, every time you see him, you grow breathless or your heart skips a beat. If the trauma was really severe, you dream of revenge. Above you, is the Mountain of Peace and Prosperity where we all want to go. But when you try to climb that hill, the person you haven’t forgiven weighs you down. It’s a personal choice whether or not to let go. No one can tell you how long to mourn a death or rage over a rape. But you can’t move forward until you break that chain.
49. Briarwood is the pretty poison. There is no cure for Briarwood.
50. No one messes around with a nerd’s computer and escapes unscathed.
51. She was a ray of sunshine, a warm summer rain, a bright fire on a cold winter’s day, and now she could be dead because she had tried to save the man she loved.
52. Accomplishments don’t erase shame, hatred, cruelty, silence, ignorance, discrimination, low self-esteem or immorality. It covers it up, with a creative version of pride and ego. Only restitution, forgiving yourself and others, compassion, repentance and living with dignity will ever erase the past.
53. When one woman strikes at the heart of another, she seldom misses, and the wound is invariably fatal.
54. Granny Weatherwax was often angry. She considered it one of her strong points. Genuine anger was one of the world’s greatest creative forces. But you had to learn how to control it. That didn’t mean you let it trickle away. It meant you dammed it, carefully, let it develop a working head, let it drown whole valleys of the mind and then, just when the whole structure was about to collapse, opened a tiny pipeline at the base and let the iron-hard stream of wrath power the turbines of revenge.
55. I want to be able to see stuff,” Iggy said. “Like I used to, when I was little. And I want to be able to totally kick Jeb’s butt.
56. Men ought either to be well treated or crushed, because they can avenge themselves of lighter injuries, of more serious ones they cannot; therefore the injury that is to be done to a man ought to be of such a kind that one does not stand in fear of revenge.
57. She smiles at our husband as she moves, and he blushes, overcome by her beauty. But I know what her smile really means…Her smile is her revenge.
58. The moment you stop chasing happiness, you become happy.
59. My father wrote: “Always question where your loyalties lie. The people you trust will expect it, your greatest enemies will desire it, and those you treasure the most, will, without fail, abuse it.
60. Revenge is Always Sweet, it’s the Aftertaste that’s Bitter.