Quotes About The Sun
1. I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
2. Wow,” Thalia muttered. “Apollo is hot.”
“He’s the sun god,” I said.
“That’s not what I meant.
All this time
The Sun never says to the Earth,
“You owe me.”
With a love like that,
It lights the whole sky.
4. Yours is the light by which my spirit’s born: – you are my sun, my moon, and all my stars.
5. When it was dark, you always carried the sun in your hand for me.
6. Let us dance in the sun, wearing wild flowers in our hair…
7. It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold: when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade.
8. Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns it calls me on and on across the universe.
9. We all shine on…like the moon and the stars and the sun…we all shine on…come on and on and on…
10. When pain brings you down, don’t be silly, don’t close your eyes and cry, you just might be in the best position to see the sun shine.
11. Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain’t going away.
12. I will be the gladdest thing under the sun! I will touch a hundred flowers and not pick one.
13. You need to spend time crawling alone through shadows to truly appreciate what it is to stand in the sun.
14. Can you see the sunset real good on the West side? You can see it on the East side too.
15. And the sun and the moon sometimes argue over who will tuck me in at night. If you think I am having more fun than anyone on this planet, you are absolutely correct.
16. Everybody has a little bit of the sun and moon in them. Everybody has a little bit of man, woman, and animal in them. Darks and lights in them. Everyone is part of a connected cosmic system. Part earth and sea, wind and fire, with some salt and dust swimming in them. We have a universe within ourselves that mimics the universe outside. None of us are just black or white, or never wrong and always right. No one. No one exists without polarities. Everybody has good and bad forces working with them, against them, and within them.
17. The Sun is such a lonely star. Whenever he comes out to see his friends, they all disappear.
18. Here I came to the very edge
where nothing at all needs saying,
everything is absorbed through weather and the sea,
and the moon swam back,
its rays all silvered,
and time and again the darkness would be broken
by the crash of a wave,
and every day on the balcony of the sea,
wings open, fire is born,
and everything is blue again like morning.
19. Tell me the story..
About how the sun loved the moon so much..
That she died every night..
Just to let him breathe…
20. Laughter is a sunbeam of the soul.
21. To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides.
22. Love, that moves the sun and the other stars.
23. All shadows of clouds the sun cannot hide
like the moon cannot stop oceanic tide;
but a hidden star can still be smiling
at night’s black spell on darkness, beguiling.
Each day is born with a sunrise
and ends in a sunset, the same way we
open our eyes to see the light,
and close them to hear the dark.
You have no control over
how your story begins or ends.
But by now, you should know that
all things have an ending.
Every spark returns to darkness.
Every sound returns to silence.
And every flower returns to sleep
with the earth.
The journey of the sun
and moon is predictable.
is your ultimate
26. By day the banished sun circles the earth like a grieving mother with a lamp.
27. After the rain, the sun will reappear.
There is life. After the pain, the joy will still be here.
28. The lights grow brighter as the earth lurches away from the sun.
29. Your thoughts are your message to the world. Just as the rays are the messages of the Sun.
30. all those nights with the phone warming the side of my face like the sun.
31. If I had to choose a religion, the sun as the universal giver of life would be my god.
32. He stepped down, avoiding any long look at her as one avoids long looks at the sun, but seeing her as one sees the sun, without looking.
33. The Sun will rise and set regardless. What we choose to do with the light while it’s here is up to us. Journey wisely.
34. my mother
is pure radiance.
she is the sun
i can touch
35. The sun always shines above the clouds.
36. Whenever she turned her steep focus to me, I felt the warmth that flowers must feel when they bloom through the snow, under the first concentrated rays of the sun.
37. They can be like the sun, words.
They can do for the heart what light can for a field.
38. The sky is blue today, Max, and there is a big long cloud, and it’s stretched out, like a rope. At the end of it, the sun is
like a yellow hole. .
39. I’m trying to remember how you tell the time by looking at the sun.” -“I should leave it for a while, it’s too bright to see the numbers at the moment.
40. When the Sun of compassion arises darkness evaporates and the singing birds come from nowhere.Neither the sun nor death can be looked at steadily.
41. The bright sun was extinguish’d, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space.
42. The Christian religion is a parody on the worship of the sun, in which they put a man called Christ in the place of the sun, and pay him the adoration originally payed to the sun.
43. Why’s it so sunny?” she repeated.
Zooey observed her rather narrowly. “I bring the sun wherever I go, buddy,” he said.
44. When Small men begin to cast big shadows, it means that the sun is about to set.
45. Humanity does not suffer from the disease of wrong beliefs but humanity suffers from the contagious nature of the lack of belief. If you have no magic with you it is not because magic does not exist but it is because you do not believe in it. Even if the sun shines brightly upon your skin every day, if you do not believe in the sunlight, the sunlight for you does not exist.
46. The fish is my friend too…I have never seen or heard of such a fish. But I must kill him. I am glad we do not have to try to kill the stars. Imagine if each day a man must try to kill the moon, he thought. The moon runs away. But imagine if a man each day should have to try to kill the sun? We were born lucky; he thought.
47. The world we suggest is a new wild west. A sensuous evil world. Strange and haunting, the path of the sun…
48. Do you see that out there? The strange, unfamiliar light? It’s called the sun. Let’s go get us a little.
49. See,” Sasha muttered, eyeing the sun. “It’s mine.
50. Wake! For the Sun, who scatter’d into flight
The Stars before him from the Field of Night,
Drives Night along with them from Heav’n,
The Sultan’s Turret with a Shaft of Light.
51. The patter of tentative footfalls reached my ears. I flipped on my side to face the door and saw Ansel wander by. I rolled onto my back, rubbing sleep from my eyes. I’d crashed on my bed as soons as I’d gotten back from school, collapsing under the weight of the day.
The floorboards squeaked as Ansel passed by my door again. I caught his nervous glance in my direction before he hurried down the hall.
‘Ansel, I’m not the sun; stop orbiting and get in here,’ I called.
52. It rains
But there is a sky above the rain,
Nothing can rot the sky.
Earth has turned to mud. What of it?
The heart of the planet is made of fire, of ardent sun.
(from “A Rainy Day”)
53. Too much sun after a Syracuse winter does strange things to your head, makes you feel strong, even if you aren’t.
54. Have you noticed how many people who walk in the shade curse the Sun?
55. Just let them sit in the goddam sun. But the world won’t let them because there’s nothing more dangerous than letting old farts sit in the sun. They might be thinking. Same thing with kids. Keep ’em busy or they might start thinking.
56. The gut is the seat of all feeling. Polluting the gut not only cripples your immune system, but also destroys your sense of empathy, the ability to identify with other humans. Bad bacteria in the gut creates neurological issues. Autism can be cured by detoxifying the bellies of young children. People who think that feelings come from the heart are wrong. The gut is where you feel the loss of a loved one first. It’s where you feel pain and a heavy bulk of your emotions. It’s the central base of your entire immune system. If your gut is loaded with negative bacteria, it affects your mind. Your heart is the seat of your conscience. If your mind is corrupted, it affects your conscience. The heart is the Sun. The gut is the Moon. The pineal gland is Neptune, and your brain and nervous system (5 senses) are Mercury. What affects the moon or sun affects the entire universe within. So, if you poison the gut, it affects your entire nervous system, your sense of reasoning, and your senses.
57. Putting out the stars and extinguishing the sun.
58. The sun burnt every day. It burnt time.
59. If you’re listening to this, congratulations! You survived Doomsday.
I’d like to apologize straightaway for any inconvenience the end of the world may have caused you. The earthquakes, rebellions, riots,tornadoes, floods, tsunamis, and of course the giant snake who swallowed the sun—I’m afraid most of that was our fault. Carter and I decided we should at least explain how it happened.
60. I am alive, and drunk on sunlight.