1. People have forgotten this truth,” the fox said. “But you mustn’t forget it. You become responsible forever for what you’ve tamed. You’re responsible for your rose.
2. The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword. If you would take a man’s life, you owe it to him to look into his eyes and hear his final words. And if you cannot bear to do that, then perhaps the man does not deserve to die.
3. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.
4. We seldom realize, for example that our most private thoughts and emotions are not actually our own. For we think in terms of languages and images which we did not invent, but which were given to us by our society.
5. Most people do not really want freedom, because freedom involves responsibility, and most people are frightened of responsibility.
6. To pretend, I actually do the thing: I have therefore only pretended to pretend.
7. If you hang out with chickens, you’re going to cluck and if you hang out with eagles, you’re going to fly.
8. The price of greatness is responsibility.
9. I’m not much but I’m all I have.
10. To say you have no choice is to relieve yourself of responsibility.
11. Optimism is a strategy for making a better future. Because unless you believe that the future can be better, you are unlikely to step up and take responsibility for making it so.
12. Everyone’s worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there’s really an easy way: Stop participating in it.
13. Responsibility to yourself means refusing to let others do your thinking, talking, and naming for you; it means learning to respect and use your own brains and instincts; hence, grappling with hard work.
14. The right thing to do and the hard thing to do are usually the same.
15. If you build the guts to do something, anything, then you better save enough to face the consequences.
16. This I choose to do. If there is a price, this I choose to pay. If it is my death, then I choose to die. Where this takes me, there I choose to go. I choose. This I choose to do.
17. Eventually we all have to accept full and total responsibility for our actions, everything we have done, and have not done.
18. Victory has a hundred fathers and defeat is an orphan.
19. Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it.
20. In dreams begin responsibilities.
21. Man is nothing else but what he makes of himself.
22. Humanity has advanced, when it has advanced, not because it has been sober, responsible, and cautious, but because it has been playful, rebellious, and immature.
23. A person may cause evil to others not only by his actions but by his inaction, and in either case he is justly accountable to them for the injury.
24. The function of freedom is to free someone else.
25. Like crying wolf, if you keep looking for sympathy as a justification for your actions, you will someday be left standing alone when you really need help.
26. And a step backward, after making a wrong turn, is a step in the right direction.
27. Choices may be unbelievably hard but they’re never impossible. To say you have no choice is to release yourself from responsibility and that’s not how a person with integrity acts.
28. The thing the sixties did was to show us the possibilities and the responsibility that we all had. It wasn’t the answer. It just gave us a glimpse of the possibility.
29. Wherever men and women are persecuted because of their race, religion, or political views, that place must — at that moment — become the center of the universe.
30. To me, history ought to be a source of pleasure. It isn’t just part of our civic responsibility. To me, it’s an enlargement of the experience of being alive, just the way literature or art or music is.
31. It is wrong and immoral to seek to escape the consequences of one’s acts.
32. Action springs not from thought, but from a readiness for responsibility.
33. Freedom makes a huge requirement of every human being. With freedom comes responsibility. For the person who is unwilling to grow up, the person who does not want to carry his own weight, this is a frightening prospect.
34. What is an anarchist? One who, choosing, accepts the responsibility of choice.
35. Do not free a camel of the burden of his hump; you may be freeing him from being a camel.
36. If we are worried about the future, then we must look today at the upbringing of children.
37. Men who reject the responsibility of thought and reason can only exist as parasites on the thinking of others.
38. And the fox said to the little prince: men have forgotten this truth, but you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.
39. Freedom is the will to be responsible for ourselves.
40. Never compromise your values.
41. I’m convinced that responsibility is some kind of psychological disease.
42. There are no innocent bystanders … what are they doing there in the first place?
43. Not responding is a response–we are equally responsible for what we don’t do. In the case of animal slaughter, to throw your hands in the air is to wrap your fingers around a knife handle.
44. Some of the most beautiful things we have in life comes from our mistakes.
45. I believe in recovery, and as a role model I have the responsibility to let young people know that you can make a mistake and come back from it.
46. It takes a great deal of courage to stand alone even if you believe in something very strongly.
47. Still, he figured, sometimes you’ve got to do what you’ve got to do, and then sometimes you’ve just got to run like hell after it’s done.
48. I don’t want anyone to look to me, not for protection, not for happiness, not for love, not for anything.
49. Islam expect every Muslim to do this duty, and if we realise our responsibility time will come soon when we shall justify ourselves worthy of a glorious past.
50. Them as can do has to do for them as can’t. And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.
51. We are free to choose our paths, but we can’t choose the consequences that come with them.
52. The best way to avoid responsibility is to say, ‘I’ve got responsibilities.
53. I don’t have a ‘side’—I’m responsible for what I say and nothing else.
54. It’s always seemed to me that flirtation is a man’s device for avoiding responsibility. He can say whatever he wants and knows he won’t be taken seriously.
55. The snowflake never needs to feel responsible for the avalanche.
56. No one is innocent in the tide of history. Everyone has kings and slaves in his past. Everyone has saints and sinners. We are not to blame for the actions of our ancestors. We can only try to be the best we can, no matter what our heritage, to strive for a better future for all.
57. The ‘ pleasure’ of being drunk is obviously the pleasure of escaping from the responsibility of Consciousness.
58. I don’t think Will Herondale and a sense of responsibility are even on speaking terms
59. Son, there are times a man has to do things he doesn’t like to, in order to protect his family.
60. Good for you and be proud of yourself because you have your priorities in order. Be proud of yourself if you are responsible, reliable, persistent, and take your job and education seriously.