Quotes About Hard Lives
1. However mean your life is, meet it and live it; do not shun it and call it hard names. It is not so bad as you are. It looks poorest when you are richest. The fault-finder will find faults even in paradise. Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse. The setting sun is reflected from the windows of the almshouse as brightly as from the rich man’s abode; the snow melts before its door as early in the spring. I do not see but a quiet mind may live as contentedly there, and have as cheering thoughts, as in a palace.
2. No matter how bad things are, you can always make things worse.
3. You need to spend time crawling alone through shadows to truly appreciate what it is to stand in the sun.
4. Your friends will believe in your potential, your enemies will make you live up to it.
5. It’s hard at times, but it makes a kid strong in ways that most people can’t understand. Teaches them that even though people are left behind, new ones will inevitable take their place; that every place has something good – and bad – to offer. It makes a kid grow up fast.
6. Life is at its best when everything has fallen out of place, and you decide that you’re going to fight to get them right, not when everything is going your way and everyone is praising you.
7. There had been times when he knew, somewhere in him, that he would get used to it, whatever it was, because he had learnt that some hard things became softer after a very little while.
8. Faith is why I’m here today and faith is why I made it through.
9. We face up to awful things because we can’t go around them, or forget them. The sooner you say ‘Yes, it happened, and there’s nothing I can do about it,’ the sooner you can get on with your own life. You’ve got children to bring up. So you’ve got to get over it. What we have to get over, somehow we do. Even the worst things.
10. You start with a darkness to move through
but sometimes the darkness moves through you.
11. May your life be filled, as mine has been, with love and laughter; and remember, when things are rough all you need is … Chocolate.
12. Often, moreover, it is…that aspect of our being that society finds eccentric, ridiculous, or disagreeable, that holds our sweet waters, our secret well of happiness, the key to our equanimity in malevolent climes.
13. Sometimes you go through things that seem huge at the time, like a mysterious glowing cloud devouring your entire community. While they’re happening, they feel like the only thing that matters and you can hardly imagine that there’s a world out there that might have anything else going on. And then the glow cloud moves on. And you move on. And the event is behind you. And you may find, as time passes, that you remember it less and less. Or absolutely not at all, in my case.
14. Our vision is so limited we can hardly imagine a love that does not show itself in protection from suffering…. The love of God did not protect His own Son…. He will not necessarily protect us – not from anything it takes to make us like His Son. A lot of hammering and chiseling and purifying by fire will have to go into the process.
15. And hard times are good in their own way, too. Because the only way you can achieve true happiness is if you experience true sadness as well. It’s all about light and shade. Balance.
16. Humor can make a serious difference. In the workplace, at home, in all areas of life – looking for a reason to laugh is necessary. A sense of humor helps us to get through the dull times, cope with the difficult times, enjoy the good times and manage the scary times.
17. Affliction is a good man’s shining time.
18. She hated her job the same way I hated my jobs because she knew she was worth more, but she also hated herself so there wasn’t much point in trying to do better.
19. Some people make a bad bed, they just have to lie in it.
20. We all go through hard times in life. It’s a part of being alive and it’s the reality we all have to deal with. There are times we forget our value as a person because we are so blinded with these thoughts of loneliness, emptiness and ego. Somewhere along the road we become numbed with all the frustrations and dissatisfaction. But life itself isn’t always about darkness and sadness, Life is also filled with colors and that makes it beautiful. Along this path of darkness there’s always light waiting to be seen by our daunted hearts. Our heart is gifted to see this light. It may be hiding behind those circumstances that we encounter; in a stranger we just met at an unexpected place; a family who has been always there but you just ignored because of your imperfect relationship with them; it might be a long time friend you have or a friend you just met. Open your heart and you will see how blessed you are to have them all in your life. Sometimes they are the light that shines your path in some dark phases of life. Don’t lose hope
21. But there was a special kind of gift that came with embracing the chaos, even if I cursed most of the way. I’m convinced that, when everything is wiped blank, it’s life ‘s way of forcing you to become acquainted with and aware of who you are now, who you can become. What is the fulfillment of your soul?
22. My voice was a bare rasp of fear. “In the weaving room, the women say it’s never been this bad before…”
“They always say that when things get difficult,” she answered softly. Then she sat up suddenly as though coming fully awake. Reaching down, she took my chin in her hand and tipped my face to look up at hers. “Remember, Gwen, no matter who says what, the important thing is to understand what needs to be done, and then do it. No matter how hard it is, or how much pain you feel. It’s as simple as that, really. Once you know what you have to do, you just do it.
23. It’s funny how, when things seem the darkest, moments of beauty present themselves in the most unexpected places.
24. We have come here together so that you might know, through virtue of your own pain, your own hopelessness, your own fear, your own darkness and the lie of powerlessness, the very actual power of your own will, of the will of your soul.
25. Every adversity brings new experiences and new lessons.
26. Kad naiđu teška, mutna vremena i učestaju sukobi i uzbune među ljudima, otvori se odjednom Biblija na njenim najtamnijim stranicama i naš užas ili naše nerazumevanje nađu drevne i poznate reči kao jedini izraz.
Gledajući vojnike i žandarme koji su do malopre bili i ubijali, video sam im u očima, duboko ispod spoljnjeg besa i drskosti, jedva primetno kolebanje u kom je bilo i životinjskog straha i neke želje da se ne bude na tom mestu ni u tom obliku. U tom drhtanju u dnu zenica pročitao sam odjednom jasan i nesumnjiv jadni, strašni i detinjski Kainov odgovor: – Zar sam ja čuvar brata svoga?
27. Accept hardship as a necessary discipline.
28. Let the darkness find you if it must. Throw off the quick and tempting escapes, and seek help only from those who would teach you to grow, feed your soul, embrace your heart, but would not steal away your journey.
29. Why wait? So precious is this life—this gift—this temporary blindness. Burn and drown and embrace the false dark, then grasp the unthinkable height of resulting joy. For in the end, in the light of truth when the flesh is cast off, there is nothing but this.
30. These are hard and uncertain times we’re living in,” he said. “You never know what will still be here tomorrow. That’s why we must take joy every day in what we do have, so it’s something we can carry in our memories when things change.
31. I’ve only been to jail a few times, but in several different countries, at that. No, I’ve only been to jail a few times. But I still claim the ability to write a “serious” novel.
32. A sense of the divine presence and indwelling bears the soul towards heaven as upon the wings of eagles.
33. Today, as a result of the policy of Macmillan’s Government, Great Britain presents in the United Nations the face of Pecksniff and in Katanga the face of Gradgrind.
34. Hard times don’t last for ever, hard people do
35. It was the hardest time of my life, but the best part of my journey.
36. Don’t regret that your life is too easy, mine is rather easy too; I think that life is pretty long and that the time will arrive soon enough in which “another shall gird thee and carry thee where thou wouldst not.
37. Trials mould your character.
38. There may be no light at the end of the tunnel, but there’s certainly enough air, enough oxygen for you to keep going. And you must keep going, because that is your duty.
39. Sometimes you have to go through a very difficult place! All you need to know is that you have to go through it, and just knowing this will be the biggest source of power for you!
40. The most beautiful sunsets occur when the clouds try to prevent the sun from shining! Don’t forget that as you go through difficult times, the obstacles that appear lasting suddenly disappear and the sun comes out!
41. If you haven’t been journaling through this, now is a good time to start. One day, you and people who love and loved you and people who will never know you may want to look back to understand how you survived.
42. Trust yourself especially when nobody else does.
43. Hard times and fake friends are like oil and water : they don’t mix. ~Nkwachukwu Ogbuagu
44. When life hits hard, you have to patiently endure. Endurance builds capacity; with patience, character is developed. You can make a come back with good character.
45. Cultivate in them, while there is yet time, the utmost graces of the fancies and affections, to adorn their lives, so much in need of ornament ; or, in the day of your triumph, when romance is utterly driven out of their souls, and they and a bare existence stand face to face, Reality will take a wolfish turn, and make an end of you.
46. I gulp Pain like a Sour taste of Red Wine!
47. Life fuck me oftentimes, but I never take it as rape. Because I enjoyed the fuck.
48. After five years of living in New York City, Larry had completely ruined his life and hit rock bottom. He lost any aspirations of ever regaining what had become so far out of reach. Once hope was abandoned, he really did not have much else left.
49. Challenges & Hard Times will try to ruin your Spaghetti. Just don’t give them a ForK.
50. But I was going to say that while I was dawdling about abroad, I saw a good many talented young fellows making all sorts of sacrifices, and enduring real hardships, that they might realize their dreams. Splendid fellows, some of them, working like heroes, poor and friendless, but so full of courage, patience and ambition, that I was ashamed of myself, and longed to give them a right good lift.
51. A deep rooted strength is the result of a difficult journey.
52. At every single day, a better world is built by those who defy cowardness and take action in the face of difficulties
53. The real strength of refugee families seems to have emerged from the women who, in some cases, experienced an odd sense of liberation. Women who had never before cooked took it up with enthusiasm, consulting books they had used previously only to instruct servants…. They went out of the house to find jobs. Men, usually untrained for any career other than the military, emasculated by the loss of power as well as the loss of wealth, were more reluctant to accept the fact that the golden years they had known were gone forever. The Romanovs themselves reflected this widespread pattern among emigrés: strong women taking charge in an often desperate situation.
54. The good life is not built on a foundation of ease…it’s the hard times that give us a rock solid foundation.
55. I am not sure what you are going through. I don’t know the problem you are facing and I might not even understand, but I know that God won’t fail you and God will help you, trust in him.
56. Like everyone else, you want to learn the way to win, but never to accept the way to lose, to accept defeat, to learn to die is to be liberated from it. So when tomorrow comes, you must free your ambitious mind, and learn the art of dying.
57. Everything that is tearing us down today will become a memory, and this memory will be shared as an anecdote or a story or a poem or a play or a warning. It will be shared with another human being, who will then understand that he is not alone in his sadness. This is why we show up for others and tell our tales and listen to others. The great congregation meets daily, and you are someone’s angel today.
58. Remember an arrow can only be shot by pulling it backwards; so when you feel like life is dragging you down with difficulties, it simply means that it’s going to launch you to something great. So just focus and keep aiming – Unknown
59. When going through or coming out of a rough patch in life, it’s important not to focus on those who did not show up for you.
Be appreciative of those who rolled up their sleeves and got dirty with you.
60. Maybe it’s because you see people differently than you saw them before your trouble started. Maybe you wonder about them more, but in a different way, and this makes them very strange to you. Maybe you get scared and numb, because you don’t know if you can depend on people for anything, anymore.