Quotes About Acceptance
1. No person is your friend who demands your silence, or denies your right to grow
2. Understanding is the first step to acceptance, and only with acceptance can there be recovery
3. You couldn’t relive your life, skipping the awful parts, without losing what made it worthwhile. You had to accept it as a whole–like the world, or the person you loved
4. Letting go doesn’t mean that you don’t care about someone anymore. It’s just realizing that the only person you really have control over is yourself
5. Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don’t resist them; that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like
6. The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you
7. To be fully seen by somebody, then, and be loved anyhow – this is a human offering that can border on miraculous
8. Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go and then do it
9. A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself-and especially to feel, or not feel. Whatever you happen to be feeling at any moment is fine with them. That’s what real love amounts to – letting a person be what he really is.
10. We are all going, I thought, and it applies to turtles and turtlenecks, Alaska the girl and Alaska the place, because nothing can last, not even the earth itself. The Buddha said that suffering was caused by desire, we’d learned, and that the cessation of desire meant the cessation of suffering. When you stopped wishing things wouldn’t fall apart, you’d stop suffering when they did
11. Because one believes in oneself, one doesn’t try to convince others. Because one is content with oneself, one doesn’t need others’ approval. Because one accepts oneself, the whole world accepts him or her
12. For after all, the best thing one can do when it is raining is let it rain
13. I have never found anybody who could stand to accept the daily demonstrative love I feel in me, and give back as good as I give
14. I am my own biggest critic. Before anyone else has criticized me, I have already criticized myself. But for the rest of my life, I am going to be with me and I don’t want to spend my life with someone who is always critical. So I am going to stop being my own critic. It’s high time that I accept all the great things about me
15. A friend is one to whom one may pour out the contents of one’s heart, chaff and grain together, knowing that gentle hands will take and sift it, keep what is worth keeping, and with a breath of kindness, blow the rest away.
16. Every woman that finally figured out her worth, has picked up her suitcases of pride and boarded a flight to freedom, which landed in the valley of change
17. The best way is not to fight it, just go. Don’t be trying all the time to fix things. What you run from only stays with you longer. When you fight something, you only make it stronger
18. Sometimes people let the same problem make them miserable for years when they could just say, So what. That’s one of my favorite things to say. So what
19. The ache for home lives in all of us. The safe place where we can go as we are and not be questioned
20. Learn this from me. Holding anger is a poison. It eats you from inside. We think that hating is a weapon that attacks the person who harmed us. But hatred is a curved blade. And the harm we do, we do to ourselves
21. You should never hate anyone, even your worst enemies. Everyone has something good about them. You have to find the redeeming quality and love the person for that
22. Maturity, one discovers, has everything to do with the acceptance of ‘not knowing
23. Whatever gets you through the night
24. Beauty is about being comfortable in your own skin. It’s about knowing and accepting who you are
25. A weed is but an unloved flower
26. A boo is a lot louder than a cheer
27. The most confused you will ever get is when you try to convince your heart and spirit of something your mind knows is a lie
28. A best friend is the only one that walks into your life when the world has walked out
29. True friends are those who came into your life, saw the most negative part of you, but are not ready to leave you, no matter how contagious you are to them
30. Hate is a lack of imagination
31. I am Dead, but it’s not so bad. I’ve learned to live with it.
32. Be calm. God awaits you at the door.
33. Let go of certainty. The opposite isn’t uncertainty. It’s openness, curiosity and a willingness to embrace paradox, rather than choose up sides. The ultimate challenge is to accept ourselves exactly as we are, but never stop trying to learn and grow.
34. Courage doesn’t happen when you have all the answers. It happens when you are ready to face the questions you have been avoiding your whole life.
35. Being different is a revolving door in your life where secure people enter and insecure exit.
36. Know that everything is in perfect order whether you understand it or not.
37. Resilience is accepting your new reality, even if it’s less good than the one you had before. You can fight it, you can do nothing but scream about what you’ve lost, or you can accept that and try to put together something that’s good.
38. IT happened. There is no avoiding it, no forgetting. No running away, or flying, or burying, or hiding.
39. Accepting all the good and bad about someone. It’s a great thing to aspire to. The hard part is actually doing it.
40. The end of a melody is not its goal: but nonetheless, had the melody not reached its end it would not have reached its goal either. A parable.
41. My happiness grows in direct proportion to my acceptance, and in inverse proportion to my expectations.
42. There is a time in life when you expect the world to be always full of new things. And then comes a day when you realise that is not how it will be at all. You see that life will become a thing made of holes. Absences. Losses. Things that were there and are no longer. And you realise, too, that you have to grow around and between the gaps,
43. We are women, and my plea is Let me be a woman, holy through and through, asking for nothing but what God wants to give me, receiving with both hands and with all my heart whatever that is.
44. Nothing brings down walls as surely as acceptance.
45. Sometimes you just have to regret things and move on
46. I don’t feel that way anymore,” Nico muttered. “I mean… I gave up on Percy. I was young and impressionable, and I- I don’t…”
His voice cracked, and Jason could tell the guy was about to get teary-eyed. Whether Nico had really given up on Percy or not, Jason couldn’t imagine what it had been like for Nico all those years, keeping a secret that would’ve been unthinkable to share in the 1940s, denying who he was, feeling completely alone- even more isolated than other demigods.
“Nico,” he said gently, “I’ve seen a lot of brave things. But what you did? That was maybe the bravest.
47. Not being understood may be taken as a sign that there is much in one to understand.
48. I don’t need anyone else to distract me from myself anymore,
like I always thought I would.
49. If God were our one and only desire we would not be so easily upset when our opinions do not find outside acceptance
50. My hands tend to be full enough dealing with people who hate me for who I am. Concentrate too hard on the millions of people who hate you for what you are and you’re likely to turn into one of those unkempt, sloppy dressers who sag beneath the weight of the two hundred political buttons they wear pinned to their coats and knapsacks
51. The moment that judgement stops through acceptance of what it is, you are free of the mind. You have made room for love, for joy, for peace
52. Set the standard! Stop expecting others to show you love, acceptance, commitment, & respect when you don’t even show that to yourself
53. It was being a runner that mattered, not how fast or how far I could run. The joy was in the act of running and in the journey, not in the destination. We have a better chance of seeing where we are when we stop trying to get somewhere else. We can enjoy every moment of movement, as long as where we are is as good as where we’d like to be. That’s not to say that you need to be satisfied forever with where you are today. But you need to honor what you’ve accomplished, rather than thinking of what’s left to be done (p. 159).
54. I let it go. It’s like swimming against the current. It exhausts you. After a while, whoever you are, you just have to let go, and the river brings you home
55. You have to give up! you have to give up!
You have to realize that someday you will die,
Until you know that, you are useless
56. The first step to the knowledge of the wonder and mystery of life is the recognition of the monstrous nature of the earthly human realm as well as its glory, the realization that this is just how it is and that it cannot and will not be changed. Those who think they know how the universe could have been had they created it, without pain, without sorrow, without time, without death, are unfit for illumination
57. The minute you settle for less than you deserve, you get even less than you settled for
58. Don’t look for peace. Don’t look for any other state than the one you are in now; otherwise, you will set up inner conflict and unconscious resistance. Forgive yourself for not being at peace. The moment you completely accept your non-peace, your non-peace becomes transmuted into peace. Anything you accept fully will get you there, will take you into peace. This is the miracle of surrender
59. That’s what friends should do. cherish the good and pretend not to notice the harmless rest
60. If we would build on a sure foundation in friendship, we must love our friends for their sakes rather than for our own.