Who is Oprah Winfrey
Oprah Winfrey is a talk show host, media executive, actress and billionaire philanthropist. She’s best known for being the host of her own, wildly popular program, The Oprah Winfrey Show, which aired for 25 seasons, from 1986 to 2011. In 2011, Winfrey launched her own TV network, the Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN).
Born in the rural town of Kosciusko, Mississippi, Winfrey moved to Baltimore in 1976, where she hosted People Are Talking. Afterward, she was recruited by a Chicago TV station to host her own morning show.
Winfrey was born in the rural town of Kosciusko, Mississippi, on January 29, 1954. After a troubled adolescence in a small farming community, where she was sexually abused by a number of male relatives and friends of her mother, Vernita, Winfrey moved to Nashville to live with her father, Vernon, a barber and businessman.
Oprah Winfrey Quotes
1. Turn your wounds into wisdom.
2. You can have it all. Just not all at once.
3. Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough
4. True forgiveness is when you can say, “Thank you for that experience.
5. Everyone wants to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.
6. The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams.
7. If a man wants you, nothing can keep him away. If he doesn’t want you, nothing can make him stay.
8. Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody’s going to know whether you did it or not.
9. I’ve come to believe that each of us has a personal calling that’s as unique as a fingerprint – and that the best way to succeed is to discover what you love and then find a way to offer it to others in the form of service, working hard, and also allowing the energy of the universe to lead you.
10. I trust that everything happens for a reason, even if we are not wise enough to see it.
11. Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.
12. The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.
13. Surround yourself only with people who are going to take you higher.
14. Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right.
15. You get in life what you have the courage to ask for.
16. Every day brings a chance for you to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes, and dance.
17. One if the hardest things in life to learn are which bridges to cross and which bridges to burn.
18. If friends disappoint you over and over, that’s in large part your own fault. Once someone has shown a tendency to be self-centered, you need to recognize that and take care of yourself; people aren’t going to change simply because you want them to.
19. You don’t become what you want, you become what you believe.
20. I don’t want anyone who doesn’t want me.
21. Some women have a weakness for shoes… I can go barefoot if necessary. I have a weakness for books.
22. You get to know who you really are in a crisis.
23. Your true passion should feel like breathing; it’s that natural.
24. Challenges are gifts that force us to search for a new center of gravity. Don’t fight them. Just find a new way to stand.
25. Forgiveness is giving up the hope that the past could have been any different.
26. I believe that every single event in life happens in an opportunity to choose love over fear.
27. When you undervalue what you do, the world will undervalue who you are.
28. Think like a queen. A queen if not afraid to fail. Failure is another stepping stone to greatness.
29. We can’t become what we need to be by remaining what we are.
30. The great courageous act that we must all do, is to have the courage to step out of our history and past so that we can live our dreams.
31. Dogs are my favorite role models. I want to work like a dog, doing what I was born to do with joy and purpose. I want to play like a dog, with total, jolly abandon. I want to love like a dog, with unabashed devotion and complete lack of concern about what people do for a living, how much money they have, or how much they weigh. The fact that we still live with dogs, even when we don’t have to herd or hunt our dinner, gives me hope for humans and canines alike.
32. Self-esteem comes from being able to define the world in your own terms and refusing to abide by the judgments of others.
33. You are responsible for your life. You can’t keep blaming somebody else for your dysfunction. Life is really about moving on.
34. Doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the mext moment
35. You have to find what sparks a light in you so that you in your own way can illuminate the world.
36. Only make decisions that support your self-image, self-esteem, and self-worth.
37. When I look at the future, it’s so bright it burns my eyes!
38. As you become more clear about who you really are, you’ll be better able to decide what is best for you – the first time around.
39. Every day brings a chance to live free of regret and with as much joy, fun, and laughter as you can stand.
40. Do the one thing you think you cannot do. Fail at it. Try again. Do better the second time. The only people who never tumble are those who never mount the high wire.
41. The whole point of being alive is to evolve into the complete person you were intended to be.
42. I know for sure that what we dwell on is who we become.
43. It makes no difference how many peaks you reach if there was no pleasure in the climb.
44. The best thing about dreams is that fleeting moment, when you are between asleep and awake, when you don’t know the difference between reality and fantasy, when for just that one moment you feel with your entire soul that the dream is reality, and it really happened.
45. Meditate. Breathe consciously. Listen. Pay attention. Treasure every moment. Make the connection.
46. You look at yourself and you accept yourself for who you are, and once you accept yourself for who you are you become a better person.
47. If you want your life to be more rewarding, you have to change the way you think.
48. The big secret in life is there is no secret. Whatever your goal. You can get there if you’re willing to work.
49. To love yourself is a never-ending journey.
50. Forgiveness is giving up the hope that the past could have been any different, it’s accepting the past for what it was, and using this moment and this time to help yourself move forward.
51. I believe the choice to be excellent begins with aligning your thoughts and words with the intention to require more from yourself.
52. Follow your instincts. That’s where true wisdom manifests itself.
53. Education is the key to unlocking the world, a passport to freedom.
54. You are where you are in life because of what you believe is possible for yourself.
55. I am grateful for the blessings of wealth, but it hasn’t changed who I am. My feet are still on the ground. I’m just wearing better shoes.
56. Your calling isn’t something that somebody can tell you about. It’s what you feel. It is the thing that gives you juice. The thing that you are supposed to do. And nobody can tell you what that is. You know it inside yourself.
57. Luck is a matter of preparation meeting opportunity.
58. In the mist of Difficulty lies Opportunity.
59. Mr. Right is coming, but he’s in Africa and he’s walking.
60. With every experience, you alone are painting your own canvas, thought by thought, choice by choice.