Quotations about Men and Women
1. A strong woman builds her own world. She is one who is wise enough to know that it will attract the man she will gladly share it with.
2. I come across too much material on “how to make a man want you”, “how to make a man commit”, “how to make a man finally pop the question”, “how to make a man take you seriously”, “how to get into a man’s emotions.” And I laugh. My dear fellow women, enough! Do not busy yourselves with such things! Instead, fall in love with yourself!
3. Young girls today are very mistaken to be thinking that their sense of self-worth and their acknowledgment of their beauty depends on whether a man will give that to them or not. Such naïveté! And so what will happen when the man changes his mind about her? Tells her she’s not beautiful enough? That she’s not good enough? Cheats on her? Leaves her? Then what happens? She will lose all her self-worth, she will think she is not good enough, she is not beautiful enough, because all of those feelings depended on the man in the first place! And along with the loss of the man, it will all be lost as well! Mothers, teach your daughters better. It pains me to see such naive innocence right under my nose! Such naïveté does no good for any girl. It is better for a girl to be worldly-wise and have street-smarts! That’s what a girl needs to have in life! Not wide-eyed delusional innocence! The sense of self-worth and acknowledgment of being beautiful must not come from a man, it must come from inside the woman herself, men will come and men will go and their coming and going must not take an effect on the woman’s sense of worth and beauty.
4. A weapon men use against women is the refusal to take them seriously.
5. Once, she closed the book abruptly and said with annoyance, “That’s enough.” “Why?” “Because I’ve had it, it’s always the same story: inside something small there’s something even smaller that wants to leap out, and outside something large there’s always someting larger that wants to keep it a prisoner.
6. Sometimes,’ she said, ‘it takes a woman to bring out the best in a man.
7. Live your life in such a way that you’ll be remembered for your kindness, compassion, fairness, character, benevolence, and a force for good who had much respect for life, in general.
8. Women may get to wear lots of
pretty colors, but men get the comfortable shoes.
Anita Blake Vampire Hunter
9. Now we really like to put people in boxes. As men, we do it because we don’t understand characters that aren’t ourselves and we aren’t willing to put ourselves in the skin of those characters and women, I think, terrify us. We tend not to write women as human beings. It’s cartoons we’re making now. And that’s a shame.
10. She turned and bolted out the door. She had learnt an important lesson – “When a man paid ‘for’ you…you paid ‘to’ him.” It was her first Valentine slaughter.
11. All beautiful women are murderers. You’ve probably heard it said before.
12. Men were stupid to forget what good sleuths women could be.
13. Women KNOW, we just know. Even if we didn’t know, we would know. Men won’t get this, but women will..because we KNOW
14. When women agree with me I always do the other thing
15. Well she was bright; and she danced…And my function in life was to keep that bright thing in existence. And it was almost as difficult as trying to catch with your hand that dancing reflection. And the task lasted for years
16. Love is a trick best performed by men.
17. From my journeys in southern Europe I have gained the impression that in our time the Virgin Mary is the only heavenly creature who is really beloved by millions. But I believe these millions would be uncomprehending and perhaps even offended if I were to tell them that the Virgin Mary had made a significant discovery, solved difficult mathematical problems, or masterfully organized and administered an association of housewives in Nazareth.
18. Women are odd. I really mean that. A woman doesn’t know the effect she has on a man. Any woman affects every man with instant global tonnage every single time. But women all go about teaching each other it isn’t true. God knows why. They reach for doubt, where we blokes go for hope. This accounts for much of their behavior.
19. Women are people too
20. There were too many idiot men in the world, to her way of thinking. And most of them ended up bumping up against stubborn women.
21. If a woman tells a man the god favor him, everybody says she’s far-minded.’ The broom halted mid-sweep and the slave turned to Hild. ‘But let a woman do what the gods tell her, without asking a man’s permission first? Then she’s possessed.’ Unwen punctuated her words with her broom, jabbing it into the corner.
22. Unlike music, excessive reading has been shown to be dangerous for the female mind. It was taught in our earliest lectures: the male cells are essentially katabolic: active energetic; and female cells are anabolic: there to conserve energy and support life. While a little light reading is fine, breakdown follows when woman goes against her nature.
23. I was the whore
I was bound to bore
24. Women who are encouraged to complain of ‘harassment’ have never felt the nasty draft that whistles round a man subjected to female scrutiny. The masculine leer at least is warmed by the breath of inquisitive lust. It may be tedious, even offensive, but it must be preferable to the rubber-glove approach of the female National Health Medical: one’s brains as well as balls are up for grabs.
25. Well since you force me gentlemen” said Clara “I’ll confess our secret. Women are men’s inferiors. I know it is backward of me to say so, but to deny it is folly…. A woman’s love for a man is half animal passion and half hate. The more a woman loves a man, the more she hates him. If a man is worth having, he must be a woman’s superior; if he is her superior, part of her must hate him. It is only in beauty we surpass you, and it is therefore no wonder that we worship beauty above all else. That is why a woman”, she wound up “is at her greatest peril in the presence of a beautiful man.
26. People love black hair, black eyes, black lashes
Then why not black skin?
If black is beautiful so am I,
So is my skin!
I hate TV commercials making people believe,
Only Fair is Lovely!
27. A woman shall marry whom she loves and a man shall marry who loves him because women are stronger than men
28. If you want to wear the pants; you need to grow a pair.
29. Having lived with a few women, every now and then they seem to want to challenge the power balance in the relationship. They are the takers after all, not the givers, in the sexual sense. And I feel they resent this. They love the opportunity to get on top, or to stick their finger in your ass. I think this challenge of power, is derived from their discontent of sexual submission.
30. We women could be called creatures, if only the men who said such careless words accepted our claws were fearsome things when we decided to scratch.
31. A woman is like an ocean, sir, beautiful to look at but dangerous to cross.
32. We shouldn’t assume that women and girls don’t know the difference between reality and fantasy. We don’t fear that men who read murder mysteries and thrillers are going to have a hard time not becoming serial killers, so why should we assume that a girl won’t know that she doesn’t have to change from a mermaid to human in order to find love just because of a movie?
33. We were always looking for reasons a woman might be murdered, other than our common gender. We want to blame the victim for what happened to her, when we know the problem is almost always men.
34. My hints had, undoubtedly and unintentionally, made her feel insecure, guilty, inadequate, afraid that she was losing whatever it was that turned me on; in short, it aroused all the self-doubt so readily awakened in women after thousands of years of servitude. Hence my zeal in denying the effects of time was abetted by Laura’s complicity.
35. I noticed how the attitude of women varies with a man’s clothes. When a badly dressed man passes them they shudder away from him with a quite frank movement of disgust, as though he were a dead cat. Clothes are very powerful things.
36. When he heard that she was thinking of carrying on with her career in parallel with Peter’s, he exclaimed in surprise: “But who’s going to take care of the kids?”She really did try to keep quiet. Well, maybe not really, but in hindsight she thinks she did try at least. Eventually she turned to the president and pointed at his greasy, sausage like fingers, which were clutching a prawn sandwich, than at his stomach, which was straining against the buttons of his shirt, and said, “I thought maybe you could take care of them. You have got bigger breasts than me, after all.
37. The women who take husbands not out of love but out of greed, to get their bills paid, to get a fine house and clothes and jewels; the women who marry to get out of a tiresome job, or to get away from disagreeable relatives, or to avoid being called an old maid — these are whores in everything but name. The only difference between them and my girls is that my girls gave a man his money’s worth.
38. Ayshin’s love is like the helm of bureaucracy. She files her correspondence, makes calculations, keeps records, deducts the expenses from the income and thus maintains a colossal archive. She never forgets a quarrel; not only does she not forget, she makes sure it is not forgetten as well.
39. You can’t know the beauty of life if you don’t speak to woman
40. I have been exceptionally good at making bad decisions all my life. Fortunately, bad decisions make great stories. Unfortunately, most of my poor judgments have involved a man. It seems a shameful twist of irony that a woman’s history is usually all about men.
41. To prove yourself a man, you need not sleep with thousand women, at the most one woman is more than sufficient
42. The wise man listens to the women in his life.
43. Like all women who lose their naturalness as soon as they become conscious of the admiration they arouse in others, she too assumed a forced toughness and made the common mistake of thinking that keeping a guy waiting in purgatory, neither too much at a distance nor needlessly close, would render permanent the attention she received.
44. [He] did not understand women. It wasn’t the way bartenders or comedians didn’t understand women, it was the way poor people didn’t understand the economy. You could stand outside the Girard Bank Building every day of your life and never guess anything about what went on in there. That’s why, in their hearts, they’d always rather stick up a 7-Eleven.
45. She is the nymph who keeps enticing me the sailor every time!
46. Despite all the progress that we have made in the world, gender equality is still not pervasive in all parts of our society!
47. What is imperative for men is to become allies of women in their fight for equality!
48. For women, right from the day they went to their first party, always hoped too much: how many dances, seemingly successful, had been grim failures covered over with a smile; how many invitations accepted became invitations regretted; how many plans and dreams had become stupidities; how much pretence that all was well, when it wasn’t? We are too personal, she thought, in the way we interpret a look, a tone of voice, a smile. How lucky to be a man and never pay attention to the little things; how fortunate to take people as they are, and not to suffer from taking them as you would like them to be. How terrible to be a woman, to feel the difference between the dream and the reality, and yet to keep dreaming in spite of reality.
49. Not that I had any intention of accosting him to propose any practical agreement. That would have demanded on Laura’s part a degree of devotion, of understanding, a detached view of the purely animal act of love, such as could not be expected of so young a woman who was so subject conventions of comportment in a society that had always shown itself incapable of differentiating between love and sexuality.
50. When a woman’s amorous advances are declined by a man she is apt to draw one or two conclusions; one is that he is homosexual and the other is that he is impotent.
51. James shows his feelings so liberally that they come at a discount, and their value diminishes. When he says he loves me, usually in a threatening way, the statement always seems to beg for reciprocation. I guess he cries wolf. More or less sobs it. One could argue that everything James says is merely the word “wolf” in one language or another.
52. Every day should be celebrated as Happy Women’s Day. Why take an unnecessary risk?
53. There is only one thing that makes you a man that is by the way you treat a woman and a greater man? when she says you are a gentleman
54. They want you to support their goals while you put your hopes and dreams on the back burner. They swear they’ll be there for you until your dying days. Then all of a sudden, after doing all of that for them to succeed, they find a younger version of you to love. A younger you who isn’t emotionally careworn and battle fatigued. A younger you that doesn’t have stretch marks on their belly. A younger you with perky boobs that hang in the right place even after they take their bra off. I don’t want to be some man’s stepping stone to the next woman he’s going to love. I don’t want to be some guy’s stepladder, when I can carefully climb over the same wall without his damn help.
55. She deserves poetry. Not cheesy lines.
56. Men are stronger physically and mentally than women, and men have achieved great things for humanity, but men must limit their ego, and show greater respect towards women, and help women so as all together to help humanity progress.
57. A woman may be as old as she feels, to herself,’ she said, ‘but to a man she is as old as she looks.
58. Strong Men Marry Strong Women – Strong: Powerful Philosophies for Timeless Thoughts by Kailin Gow
59. I figured a woman can’t be understood the way a man can. Women have purposes men can’t even imagine.
60. Maybe your aunt is funny in quiet moments with her friends because like many women her age, she was taught to not draw attention to herself. And maybe she also noticed how men of her generation weren’t attracted to the women who spoke out of turn and uttered their own opinions out loud. And certainly these types of men weren’t attracted to women who were funnier than them. Women have always been funny. They just weren’t interested in sharing their jokes with you. Truth in point, my mom is hilarious. She has also been single since 1974.