Quotes About Memories
1. Memories warm you up from the inside. But they also tear you apart.
2. The town was paper, but the memories were not.
3. The worst part of holding the memories is not the pain. It’s the loneliness of it. Memories need to be shared.
4. I don’t want to repeat my innocence. I want the pleasure of losing it again.
5. No matter how much suffering you went through, you never wanted to let go of those memories.
6. The past beats inside me like a second heart.
7. What i like about photographs is that they capture a moment that’s gone forever, impossible to reproduce.
8. Sometimes things become possible if we want them bad enough.
9. Humans, not places, make memories.
10. He was still too young to know that the heart’s memory eliminates the bad and magnifies the good, and that thanks to this artifice we manage to endure the burden of the past.
11. There are memories that time does not erase… Forever does not make loss forgettable, only bearable.
12. There comes a time in your life when you have to choose to turn the page, write another book or simply close it.
13. Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.
14. The things we do outlast our mortality. The things we do are like monuments that people build to honor heroes after they’ve died. They’re like the pyramids that the Egyptians built to honor the pharaohs. Only instead of being made of stone, they’re made out of the memories people have of you.
15. There are moments when I wish I could roll back the clock and take all the sadness away, but I have the feeling that if I did, the joy would be gone as well.
16. Memories are bullets. Some whiz by and only spook you. Others tear you open and leave you in pieces.
17. The past is a foreign country; they do things differently there.
18. Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal.
From an Irish headstone
19. The worst memories stick with us, while the nice ones always seem to slip through our fingers.
20. The hardest thing about the road not taken is that you never know where it might have led.
21. Memories are dangerous things. You turn them over and over, until you know every touch and corner, but still you’ll find an edge to cut you.
22. Remembering is easy. It’s forgetting that’s hard.
23. People leave strange little memories of themselves behind when they die.
24. Sometimes,” he sighed, “I think the things I remember are more real than the things I see.
25. Sharing tales of those we’ve lost is how we keep from really losing them.
26. Love is hard to find, hard to keep, and hard to forget.
27. Memories, even bittersweet ones, are better than nothing.
28. I am a dreamer. I know so little of real life that I just can’t help re-living such moments as these in my dreams, for such moments are something I have very rarely experienced. I am going to dream about you the whole night, the whole week, the whole year.
29. Where you come from is gone, where you thought you were going to never was there, and where you are is no good unless you can get away from it
30. When you are joyful, when you say yes to life and have fun and project positivity all around you, you become a sun in the center of every constellation, and people want to be near you.
31. When the remembering was done, the forgetting could begin.
32. In the meantime, I could withdraw to my room, could hide and sleep as if I were dead
33. But that’s how memory works,” Bitterblue said quietly. “Things disappear without your permission, then come back again without your permission.” And sometimes they came back incomplete and warped.
34. I could tell you it’s the heart, but what is really killing him is loneliness. Memories are worse than bullets.
35. Memory is the diary we all carry about with us.
36. You don’t deserve my image in your head. You don’t deserve my memories in your chest.
37. Some days in late August at home are like this, the air thin and eager like this, with something in it sad and nostalgic and familiar…
38. Even if she be not harmed, her heart may fail her in so much and so many horrors; and hereafter she may suffer–both in waking, from her nerves, and in sleep, from her dreams.
39. No matter how much time passes, no matter what takes place in the interim, there are some things we can never assign to oblivion, memories we can never rub away.
40. Experience had taught me that even the most precious memories fade with the passage of time.
41. People always talk about how hard it can be to remember things – where they left their keys, or the name of an acquaintance – but no one ever talks about how much effort we put into forgetting. I am exhausted from the effort to forget… There are things that have to be forgotten if you want to go on living.
42. Memories are killing. So you must not think of certain things, of those that are dear to you, or rather you must think of them, for if you don’t there is the danger of finding them, in your mind, little by little.
43. Maybe memories should be left the way they are.
44. There’s something about a place you’ve been with someone you love. It takes on a meaning in your mind. It becomes more than a place. It becomes a distillation of what you felt for each other. The moments you spend in a place with someone… they become part of its bricks and mortar. Part of its soul.
45. That’s the problem with memories: you can visit them, but you can’t live in them.
46. Sometimes a perfect memory can be ruined if put to words.
47. The true definition of mental illness is when the majority of your time is spent in the past or future, but rarely living in the realism of NOW.
48. Sometimes, remembering hurts too much.
49. Dreams are hopeful because they exist as pure possibility. Unlike memories, which are fossils, long dead and buried deep.
50. Everybody needs his memories. They keep the wolf of insignificance from the door.
51. You are enough to drive a saint to madness or a king to his knees.
52. The only real treasure is in your head. Memories are better than diamonds and nobody can steal them from you
53. I miss that feeling of connection.
Knowing he was out there somewhere thinking about me at the same time I was thinking about him.
54. The smells of Christmas are the smells of childhood
55. When it comes to memories, the good and the bad never balance.
56. Some memories are realities and are better than anything that can ever happen to one again.
57. I don’t fancy colors of the face, I’m always attracted to colors of the brain.
58. He was both everything I could ever want…
And nothing I could ever have…
59. People leave traces of themselves where they feel most comfortable, most worthwhile.
60. What you remember saves you.