Max Lucado Quotes
1. A woman’s heart should be so hidden in God that a man has to seek Him just to find her.
2. Faith is not the belief that God will do what you want. It is the belief that God will do what is right.
3. You are the only you God made… God made you and broke the mold.
4. Forgive and give as if it were your last opportunity. Love like there’s no tomorrow, and if tomorrow comes, love again.
5. When you are in the final days of your life, what will you want
6. Will you hug that college degree in the walnut frame? Will you ask to be carried to the garage so you can sit in your car? Will you find comfort in rereading your financial statement? Of course not. What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn’t they matter most now?
7. Forgiveness is unlocking the door to set someone free and realising you were the prisoner!
8. If God had a refrigerator, your picture would be on it. If He had a wallet, your photo would be in it. He sends you flowers every spring and a sunrise every morning… Face it, friend. He is crazy about you!
9. You weren’t an accident. You weren’t mass produced. You aren’t an assembly-line product. You were deliberately planned, specifically gifted, and lovingly positioned on the earth by the Master Craftsman.
10. God loves you just the way you are, but He refuses to leave you that way. He wants you to be just like Jesus.
11. To lead the orchestra, you have to turn your back on the crowd.
12. I choose gentleness… Nothing is won by force. I choose to be gentle. If I raise my voice may it be only in praise. If I clench my fist, may it be only in prayer. If I make a demand, may it be only of myself.
13. Lower your expectations of earth. This isn’t Heaven, so don’t expect it to be.
14. He saw you cast into a river of life you didn’t request. He saw you betrayed by those you love. He saw you with a body that gets sick and a heart that grows weak. He saw you in your own garden of gnarled trees and sleeping friends. He saw you staring into the pit of your own failures and the mouth of your own grave. He saw you in your own garden of Gethsemane and he didn’t want you to be alone … He would rather go to hell for you than to heaven without you.
15. Be a child again. Flirt. Giggle. Dip your cookies in your milk. Take a nap. Say you’re sorry if you hurt someone. Chase a butterfly. Be a child again.
16. What you and I might rate as an absolute disaster, God may rate as a pimple-level problem that will pass. He views your life the way you view a movie after you’ve read the book. When something bad happens, you feel the air sucked out of the theater. Everyone else gasps at the crisis on the screen. Not you. Why? You’ve read the book. You know how the good guy gets out of the tight spot. God views your life with the same confidence. He’s not only read your story…he wrote it.
17. Remember, you are special because I made you. And I don’t make mistakes.
18. The key is this: Meet today’s problems with today’s strength. Don’t start tackling tomorrow’s problems until tomorrow. You do not have tomorrow’s strength yet. You simply have enough for today.
19. Nature is God’s first missionary. Where there is no Bible there are sparkling stars. Where there are not preachers there are spring times…
If a person has nothing but nature, then nature is enough to reveal something about God.
20. Feed your fears and your faith will starve. Feed your faith, and your fears will.
21. We may speak about a place where there are no tears, no death, no fear, no night; but those are just the benefits of heaven. The beauty of heaven is seeing God.
22.The past does not have to be your prison. You have a voice in your destiny. You have a say in your life. You have a choice in the path you take.
23. How can a person deal with anxiety? You might try what one fellow did. He worried so much that he decided to hire someone to do his worrying for him. He found a man who agreed to be his hired worrier for a salary of $200,000 per year. After the man accepted the job, his first question to his boss was, “Where are you going to get $200,000 per year?” To which the man responded, “That’s your worry.
24. Even though you may not understand how God works, you know he does.
25. Let God have you, and let God love you – and don’t be surprised if your heart begins to hear music you’ve never heard and your feet learn to dance as never before.
26. Sometimes God allows what he hates to accomplish what he loves.
27. To the loved, a word of affection is a morsel; but to the love-starved, a word of affection can be a feast.
28. Can you imagine a life with no fear? What if faith, not fear, was your default reaction to threats?
29. No person [should] walk out into the world to begin the day until he or she has stood beneath the cross to receive God’s love.
30. God is God. He knows what he is doing. When you can’t trace his hand, trust his heart.
31. God rewards those who seek Him. Not those who seek doctrine of religion or systems or creeds. Many settle for these lesser passions, but the reward goes to those who settle for nothing less than Jesus himself. And what is the reward? What awaits those who seek Jesus? Nothing short of the heart of Jesus.
32. It’s not about winning or losing, but love and respect.
33. A few songs with Him might change the way you sing. Forever.
34. A book should be a garden that fits in the hands. Word-petals of color. Stems of strength. roots of truth. Turn a page and turn the seasons. Read the sentence and enjoy the roses.
35. The Bible is the story of two gardens: Eden and Gethsemane. In the first, Adam took a fall. In the second, Jesus took a stand. In the first, God sought Adam. In the second, Jesus sought God. In Eden, Adam hid from God. In Gethsemane, Jesus emerged from the tomb. In Eden, Satan led Adam to a tree that led to his death. From Gethsemane, Jesus went to a tree that led to our life.
36. Though we may not be able to see His purpose or His plan, the Lord of heaven is on His throne and in firm control of the universe and our lives.
.37. When God looks at you, he doesn’t see you; he sees the One who surrounds you. That means that failure is not a concern for you. Your victory is secure.
38. Jesus tends to his people individually. He personally sees to our needs. We all receive Jesus’ touch. We experience his care.
39. There is no way our little minds can comprehend the love of God. But that didn’t keep him from coming.
40. Don’t measure the size of the mountain; talk to the One who can move it.
41. We see a hearse; we think sorrow. We see a grave; we think despair. We hear of a death; we think of a loss. Not so in heaven. When heaven sees a breathless body, it sees the vacated cocoon & the liberated butterfly.
42. Greed is not defined by what something costs; it is measured by what it costs you. If anything costs you your faith or your family, the price is too high. Such is the point Jesus makes in the parable of the portfolio.
43. No one can do everything, but everyone can do something
44. When grace moves in… guilt moves out
45. Though you see nothing, he is acting.
46. You need someone to lift your spirits. You need someone to look you in the face and say, “This isn’t the end. Don’t give up. There is a better place than this. And I’ll lead you there.
47. People are watching the way we act, more than they are listening to what we say.
48. We forget that IMPOSSIBLE is one of God’s favorite words
49. When he says we’re forgiven, let’s unload the guilt. When he says we’re valuable, let’s believe him. . . . When he says we’re provided for, let’s stop worrying. God’s efforts are strongest when our efforts are useless
50. God wants us to know we are saved, for saved people are dangerous people, willing to face off with the world, unafraid of the consequences since they know that, whatever happens, they will have eternal life.
51. Don’t worry about having the right words; worry more about having the right heart. It’s not eloquence he seeks, just honesty.
52. Philosophers can debate the meaning of life, but you need a Lord who can declare the meaning of life.
53. You’ll get through this. It won’t be painless. It won’t be quick. But God will use this mess for good. In the meantime don’t be foolish or naïve. But don’t despair either. With God’s help you will get through this.
54. Worry divides the mind.
55. Our prayers may be awkward. Our attempts may be feeble. But since the power of prayer is in the One who hears it and not in the one who says it, our prayers do make a difference.
56. God leads us. God will do the right thing at the right time. And what a difference that makes.
57. You come before the judgment seat of God full of rebellion and mistakes. Because of his justice he cannot dismiss your sin, but because of his love he cannot dismiss you. So, in an act which stunned the heavens, he punished himself on the cross for your sins. God’s justice and love are equally honored. And you, God’s creation, are forgiven.
58. God sees us with the eyes of a Father. He sees our defects, errors, and blemishes. But He also sees our value. What did Jesus know that enabled Him to do what He did? Here’s part of the answer: He knew the value of people. He knew that each human being is a treasure. And because He did, people were not a source of stress, but a source of joy.
59. May you live in such a way that your death is just the beginning of your life.
60. Conflict is inevitable but combat is optional.