1. I’m selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.
2. Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
3. Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.
4. So many books, so little time.
5. Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind.
6. A room without books is like a body without a soul.
7. You’ve gotta dance like there’s nobody watching, Love like you’ll never be hurt, Sing like there’s nobody listening, And live like it’s heaven on earth..
8. You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.
9. You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.
10. Be the change that you wish to see in the world.
11. In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.
12. If you want to know what a man’s like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.
13. Don’t walk in front of me… I may not follow Don’t walk behind me… I may not lead Walk beside me… just be my friend.
14. No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
15. If you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything.
16. Friendship … is born at the moment when one man says to another “What! You too? I thought that no one but myself . . .
17. I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
18. A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.
19. Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.
20. To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.
21. Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
22. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
23. I am so clever that sometimes I don’t understand a single word of what I am saying.
24. Without music, life would be a mistake.
25. We accept the love we think we deserve.
26. To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
27. Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.
28. I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they’re right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.
28. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
29. It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.
30. It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.
31. The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid.
32. Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it’s better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.
33. It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
34. There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
35. As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.
36. Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.
37. It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it.
38. We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
39. The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool.
40. Life is what happens to us while we are making other plans.
41. Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to reform (or pause and reflect).
42. Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.
43. Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift of God, which is why we call it the present.
44. I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.
45. A woman is like a tea bag; you never know how strong it is until it’s in hot water.
46. The opposite of love is not hate, it’s indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it’s indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it’s indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it’s indifference.
47. It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.
48. The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read.
49. If you don’t stand for something you will fall for anything.
50. I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
51. I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
52. I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.
53. I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride: I love you in this way because I do not know any other way of loving but this, in which there is no I or you, so intimate that your hand upon my chest is my hand, so intimate that when I fall asleep your eyes close.
54. Outside of a dog, a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read.
55. I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.
56. I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride: I love you in this way because I do not know any other way of loving but this, in which there is no I or you, so intimate that your hand upon my chest is my hand, so intimate that when I fall asleep your eyes close.
57. Outside of a dog, a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read.
58. I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.
59. I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.
60. Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.