1. Films with a message just make me laugh.
2. I try to write the books I would love to come upon that are honest, concerned with real lives, human hearts, spiritual transformation, families, secrets, wonder, craziness – and that can make me laugh.
3. There’s not many comedy characters that make me laugh as much as The Rock does; it’s nice to have a big muscly guy being funny and stupid.
4. Kindness is the No. 1 quality I look for in a man. You can see in how he treats anyone – from a CEO to a housekeeper – and it’s a reflection of how nice a guy is. Funniness and confidence come after that… When a guy approaches me, it’s fantastic if he can make me laugh.
5. I surround myself with people who make me laugh.
6. While cats can be infuriating, little old women in fur coats, they make me laugh. Of course, dogs, horses and my highly social chickens are dear to me, too.
7. The laughs mean more to me than the adoration. If two girls walk up to me and one says ‘you’re cute’, I’ll say thank you, but I appreciate it much more when the other one says ‘you make me laugh so much’.
8. Jon Stewart kills me. I love him. And Bill Maher. He does an hour on HBO. But entirely political. It is awfully rough, but he does make me laugh.
9. I go through my comments sometimes, and I’ll just take snapshots of the terrible ones and send them to my friends. I know it’s horrible, but they actually make me laugh. They make my day.
10. I want someone who can make me laugh and just be normal and understand my lifestyle and how I wanna live it.
11. I try to laugh as much as possible and enjoy the company of people who can make me laugh.
12. I love somebody who can make me laugh and be a goofball. I think it’s incredibly sexy if a guy can look uncool and completely not care. Also, somebody who likes to show affection. I show a lot of affection.
13. Every role is a potential lover. I ask: Are they someone I want to wake up to in the morning and go to bed with at night? Do they question my assumptions about life? Consume me to distraction? Make my cry, then clown to make me laugh again? If I say yes, then it’s all I need.
14. I like to celebrate my life. I have a life that I’m really lucky to have, and so I want to make sure every minute counts and that I go on great vacations and I share my memories with people that I love and that will make me laugh and lalalalalala.
15. I always want to spend time around people who lift me up and make me feel like my best version of myself. So if I can spend time around people that make me laugh or something like that, that’s incredible.
16. Dramas make me laugh. The other day, I saw ‘The Place Beyond the Pines,’ and I was giggling the whole time. I laugh when I’m uncomfortable.
17. I just feel like people like a little break. Especially at 12:37 at night, you go, like, ‘I’m just tired of the snarky right now. I just want to lie down and have somebody make me laugh for an hour. Entertain me, and then I’m going to sleep with a smile on my face.’ That’s my job; that’s what I do.
18. If a man can make me laugh and stimulate me intellectually, then I wouldn’t mind if he was 4 ft. 8 in. with a huge belly. The only thing that would put me off is bad breath – but even that can be fixed. A bad personality isn’t so easy to fix.
19. My dad knows how to tell a story. He’d make me laugh by doing all the different voices.
20. I love a man with a great sense of humor and who is intelligent – a man who has a great smile. He has to make me laugh. I like a man who is very ambitious and driven and who has a good heart and makes me feel safe. I like a man who is very strong and independent and confident – that is very sexy – but at the same time, he’s very kind to people.
21. There are some fabulous treasures of photos of me during the early days of my career; there are these pin-up photos that make me laugh: I look like the poor man’s Maria Montez. But there are some I look at, and I didn’t realize how sexy I looked back then.
22. Jim Norton and Harland Williams always make me laugh.
23. From inside where I live, I feel like I just perceive events in a certain rational way. I often find it sad or poignant, and it may not make me laugh a bit. But I don’t mind inventing a portrait that allows others to laugh if that’s what they want to do.
24. You know, honestly, if a girl can make me laugh, I’m pretty much sold.
25. I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it’s the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It’s probably the most important thing in a person.
26. Among those whom I like or admire, I can find no common denominator, but among those whom I love, I can: all of them make me laugh.
27. I like girls that have a nice smile and nice eyes. I want to date a girl who understands my busy schedule and that I have to be on tour a lot. And she has to make me laugh!
28. All my boys make me laugh.
29. As a kid I watched television 24 hours a day and loved every minute of it. The two shows that always make me laugh and are therefore my favourites are The Dick Van Dyke Show and Fawlty Towers.
30. Being a parent has been such a wonderful privilege for me. My kids make me laugh and cry, but there are definitely more laughs. They really do give my life meaning.
31. Some of my fans don’t really like it when I respond to people who say things that are trying to be hurtful on social media. But I think it’s kind of funny. There’s a lot of things that make me laugh, that people would try and say those things. I mean, there’s some that I can’t even retweet or respond to just because of how bad it is.
32. All great comedians make me laugh, but people make me laugh more.
33. When I am depressed, I watch these three films: ‘Chalti Ka Naam Gaadi,’ ‘Jaane Bhi Do Yaaron,’ and ‘Padosan.’ They really make me laugh.
34. I love a guy who knows who he is, can make me laugh, and challenges me intellectually.
35. I look for friends who make me laugh.
36. I don’t watch a whole lot of stand up. Mainly I prefer to read writers; they make me laugh the most. Something gets you when you’re alone and someone’s voice is coming through their work. There’s a different quality to it that stays with you a bit more.
37. I have gotten a couple of letters meant for Mr. Bean aka Rowan Atkinson. These letters would say things like, ‘You’re so funny, you make me laugh, with your big rubbery face,’ and I would say, ‘You can’t mean me!’
38. I love a girl that can make me laugh. I am not really a laugh-at-things type of guy and I don’t smile and laugh all the time… But if a girl can make me laugh… I’m in love!!!!
39. My favourite people to follow on Twitter are… my fans. They make me laugh so much and keep me smiling.
40. I want to feel passion, I want to feel pain. I want to weep at the sound of your name. Come make me laugh, come make me cry… just make me feel alive.
41. I’m kind of a laugh junkie. It’s what I appreciate in life, because life is rich and sometimes it’s hard, and I really, really love to laugh and gravitate towards people who make me laugh.
42. I also surround myself with people who make me laugh. If I’m not laughing, it upsets my day.
43. I like writing about what to me are like questions that I have about myself and the human condition. I find quantum physics fascinating, so I like to write about that, and I like things that make me laugh.
44. I’ve just always liked watching people dance. I can’t explain it. It used to just make me laugh.
45. I did standup for a lot of years, too, but when you come out as a standup, you get the feeling from a crowd – it’s a kind of a ‘make me laugh’ attitude. But when you come out as an improvisor, they realize that they’re suggesting everything you do. So they’re already invested in the scene, and they actually want it to work.
46. I draw from the most pompous people, who are the people that make me laugh the most.
47. I don’t know if you know you’re funny, but you enjoy being funny. I know I’m funny because people tell me I am, but when I watch myself, it doesn’t make me laugh. Does that make sense? Because I know the jokes, and to me, I feel like I’m pulling the wool over people’s eyes. And there are probably people who do not enjoy what I do.
48. If you can make me laugh, my heart is yours! I think there’s nothing more attractive than someone who doesn’t take themselves too seriously.
49. I like a guy that can make me laugh and be open-minded, who is active and loves travelling.
50. I like a girl that’s just fun to be around. They make me laugh, but also they’re faithful and honest. And it’s all in the eyes.
51. I’m a good audience in general, but it’s hard to make me laugh.
52. You can make me laugh at a thing that I think is horrific. You can make me laugh at a thing that affects me personally. But if you’ve done your homework and you’ve gone about it the right way, it will still be funny.
53. I like a girl that’s just fun to be around. They make me laugh, but also they’re faithful and honest. And it’s all in the eyes.
54. Every now and then, someone will tell me that one of my books has made them laugh out loud. I never believe them because: a.) my books don’t make me laugh out loud; and b.) sometimes I have said this to a writer, when really what I meant was, ‘Your book made me smile appreciatively.’
55. I’d probably describe my sense of humor as ‘twisted,’ I guess. It’s not hard to make me laugh, especially when I’m surrounded by my close friends, especially my bandmates.
56. It’s special to have people see you and tell you, ‘You make me laugh.’ That makes me feel good. I think if you have the talent to do it, it’s your duty to pass it on.
57. I always laugh the hardest at the stuff you see in day-to-day life. It’s great when somebody can tell a joke that really makes you laugh hard, but to see some kind of personal interaction that no one could write is so good. Those are always the things that make me laugh.
58. People doing rhymes that are nonsense – nothing can make me laugh like that.
59. My mother used to push ‘Wuthering Heights’ on me as a boy, and I sensed from her breathy description of the story that it would make me laugh. I have no plans to find out if this is true.
60. Things that make me laugh range from a wonderful stand-up like Jerry Seinfeld, Louis C.K. and Chris Rock to my son Gabe, who does great improv work. I also look backwards to the great comedic actors like Jackie Gleason, Paul Lynde and Phil Silvers.
1. Films with a message just make me laugh.