Quotes About Lying
1. If you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything.
2. I’m not upset that you lied to me, I’m upset that from now on I can’t believe you.
3. The reason I talk to myself is because I’m the only one whose answers I accept.
4. I lie to myself all the time. But I never believe me.
5. There are three types of lies — lies, damn lies, and statistics.
6. It is better to offer no excuse than a bad one.
7. People think that a liar gains a victory over his victim. What I’ve learned is that a lie is an act of self-abdication, because one surrenders one’s reality to the person to whom one lies, making that person one’s master, condemning oneself from then on to faking the sort of reality that person’s view requires to be faked…The man who lies to the world, is the world’s slave from then on…There are no white lies, there is only the blackest of destruction, and a white lie is the blackest of all.
8. By the time you swear you’re his,
Shivering and sighing.
And he vows his passion is,
Lady make note of this —
One of you is lying.
9. Cheating and lying aren’t struggles, they’re reasons to break up.
10. To pretend, I actually do the thing: I have therefore only pretended to pretend.
11. Actually,” said Jace, “I prefer to think that I’m a liar in a way that’s uniquely my own.
12. I’m the most terrific liar you ever saw in your life. It’s awful. If I’m on my way to the store to buy a magazine, even, and somebody asks me where I’m going, I’m liable to say I’m going to the opera. It’s terrible.
13. When truth is replaced by silence,the silence is a lie.
14. Things come apart so easily when they have been held together with lies.
15. But you can’t make people listen. They have to come round in their own time, wondering what happened and why the world blew up around them. It can’t last.
16. Anything is better than lies and deceit!
17. The best lies about me are the ones I told.
18. History is a set of lies agreed upon.
19. You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.
20. Never hide things from hardcore thinkers. They get more aggravated, more provoked by confusion than the most painful truths.
21. Clinton lied. A man might forget where he parks or where he lives, but he never forgets oral sex, no matter how bad it is.
22. The truly scary thing about undiscovered lies is that they have a greater capacity to diminish us than exposed ones. They erode our strength, our self-esteem, our very foundation.
23. A lie that is half-truth is the darkest of all lies.
24. There is beauty in truth, even if it’s painful. Those who lie, twist life so that it looks tasty to the lazy, brilliant to the ignorant, and powerful to the weak. But lies only strengthen our defects. They don’t teach anything, help anything, fix anything or cure anything. Nor do they develop one’s character, one’s mind, one’s heart or one’s soul.
25. The visionary lies to himself, the liar only to others.
26. Declare your jihad on thirteen enemies you cannot see -egoism, arrogance, conceit, selfishness, greed, lust, intolerance, anger, lying, cheating, gossiping and slandering. If you can master and destroy them, then you will be read to fight the enemy you can see.
27. No man has a good enough memory to be a successful liar
28. I always say the truth is best even when we find it unpleasant. Any rat in a sewer can lie. It’s how rats are. It’s what makes them rats. But a human doesn’t run and hide in dark places, because he’s something more. Lying is the most personal act of cowardice there is.
29. If a man, who says he loves you, won’t tell you the details of a private conversation between him and another woman you can be sure he is not protecting your heart. He is protecting himself and the women he has feelings for. Wise women simply see things as they are, not as their low self-esteem allows.
30. Anybody who says they are a good liar obviously is not, because any legitimately savvy liar would always insist they’re honest about everything.
31. No one believes a liar. Even when she’s telling the truth.
32. The truth is always an insult or a joke, lies are generally tastier. We love them. The nature of lies is to please. Truth has no concern for anyone’s comfort
33. If you don’t want to slip up tomorrow, speak the truth today.
34. When a man is penalized for honesty he learns to lie.
35. I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
36. even a tiny bit of deceit is dishonorable when it’s used for selfish or cowardly reasons.
37. I never lie,” I said offhand. “At least not to those I don’t love.
38. When people cheat in any arena, they diminish themselves-they threaten their own self-esteem and their relationships with others by undermining the trust they have in their ability to succeed and in their ability to be true.
39. Fiction was invented the day Jonah arrived home and told his wife that he was three days late because he had been swallowed by a whale.
40. One lie has the power to tarnish a thousand truths.
41. But mothers lie. It’s in the job description.
42. The truly scary thing about undiscovered lies is that they have a greater capacity to diminish us than exposed ones.
43. My shining dishonesty will be the salvation of me.
44. At first I did not love you, Jude; that I own. When I first knew you I merely wanted you to love me. I did not exactly flirt with you; but that inborn craving which undermines some women’s morals almost more than unbridled passion–the craving to attract and captivate, regardless of the injury it may do the man–was in me; and when I found I had caught you, I was frightened. And then–I don’t know how it was– I couldn’t bear to let you go–possibly to Arabella again–and so I got to love you, Jude. But you see, however fondly it ended, it began in the selfish and cruel wish to make your heart ache for me without letting mine ache for you.
45. Before you enbark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves.
46. Hard truths can be dealt with, triumphed over, but lies will destroy your soul.
47. The mistake ninety-nine percent of humanity made, as far as Fats could see, was being ashamed of what they were; lying about it, trying to be somebody else.
48. Lying to ourselves is more deeply ingrained than lying to others.
49. He lies to himself. If Eugenides talked in his sleep, he’d lie then, too.
50. If it is necessary sometimes to lie to others, it is always despicable to lie to oneself.
51. Yeah, it never fails to amaze me how a single lie can undo an entire lifetime of good.
52. At times to be silent is to lie. You will win because you have enough brute force. But you will not convince. For to convince you need to persuade. And in order to persuade you would need what you lack: Reason and Right
53. Those who are capable of tyranny are capable of perjury to sustain it.
54. His lies were so exquisite I almost wept.
55. Women writers make for rewarding (and efficient) lovers. They are clever liars to fathers and husbands; yet they never hold their tongues too long, nor keep ardent typing fingers still.
56. Half the lies they tell about me aren’t true.
57. She looks honestly upset, but then, I’ve learned that I can’t read her. The problem with a really excellent liar is that you have to just assume they’re always lying.
58. The secret is to know how to lie” he used to say, ” and to know when someone’s lying to you”. His father, Steve eventually decided, must have known how to lie.
59. I believe in my mask– The man I made up is me
I believe in my dance– And my destiny
60. Over time, any deception destroys intimacy, and without intimacy couples cannot have true and lasting love.