1. In the sky there are always answers and explanations for everything: every pain, every suffering, joy and confusion.
2. We long for things that harm us and run from the things that grow and heal us. We think good is bad and bad is good.
3. It was unfair that people who longed for love the most, searched the hardest for it, found it so elusive.
4. People go on about places like Starbucks being unpersonal and all that, but what if that’s what you want? I’d be lost if people like that got their way and there was nothing unpersonal in the world. I like to know that there are big places without windows where no one gives a shit. You need confidence to go into small places with regular customers… I’m happiest in the Virgin Megastore and Borders and Starbucks and Pizza Express, where no one gives a shit and no one knows who you are. My mum & dad are always going on about how soulless those places are, and I’m like Der. That’s the point.
5. The road is long, we carry on, try to have fun in the meantime.
6. Long week. Long month. Long life.
7. love is undying,of that I feel certain.I mean deep,abiding,cherishing love.The love that gives protection even as you,my guardian angel,gave me protection long after you had gone-and continue to give this very day… A love beyond Death-a love that makes Life alive!
8. Just take my hand, lead, dance with me…and I will simply follow the blueness of the water, the white waves rolling free…where the earth beneath my feet and stars make my heart whole again…in long and priceless moments of shared solitude..
9. It’s interesting, isn’t it? . . . the chandelier . . . it reminds me of mushroom soup.
10. Sometimes I wonder, that one missing sock after doing laundry, is the smart one. After being unhappy for so long, it finally walks away from a frayed, worn-out relationship.
11. No matter how short or long your journey to your accomplishment is, if you don’t begin you can’t get there. Beginning is difficult, but unavoidable!
12. Small breasts are best for the long haul.
13. Short questions with long answers, my boy.
14. Many people that have been through the unemployment system realize that the corporate government unemployment statistics only report the short term unemployed and the long term unemployed and disabled are ignored.
15. Many want to live long, and ignore pangs of eternity.
16. If we forgave for as long as we hold grudges, the world would be a healthier and happier place
17. It will be interesting to see where ignoring me will take you in the long term.
18. I am interested to see where blatant lies takes you in the long term.
19. If it’s not love, do not expect me to be caged in it for long.
20. The true test of a high altitude researcher is how well they can recover from the long term effects of high altitude disease.
21. It is hard to get people to work with RADAR systems if you tell them the truth about the long term toxicity to the human.
22. I regard Elon Musk as an incompetent in the fields of astrobiology and the long term biological effects of electromagnetic radiation.
23. I attribute the reason why I am still alive to researching the long term biological effects of electro-magnetic radiation (EMR).
24. The Russians make the USA look like incompetents on the subject of the long term biological effects of electro-magnetic radiation (EMR)
25. Never assume the long term biological toxicity of your workplace has been characterized, as it probably has not.
26. Your government is the biggest threat to the long term survival of your family.
27. Working in professional astronomy was an absolute disaster for my long term health.
28. I consider myself fortunate that I will not live long enough to see the worst effects of global warming and climate change.
29. People will remember 2020 for a long time.
30. The road may be long, tortuous and wearied. But the resulting success is enduring, sure and sweet. The fool abandons hope in the wearied journey of life. The wise gets going – holding firmly to the promise of a better tomorrow. He that gives up too soon fails to understand that life rewards with success only those who cling on to hope against hope. Those who hope when it is unfashionable to hope.
31. You want help? Ask for help. You want love? Ask for love. If you want anything from the universe, anything from yourself, you must first ask.
32. No sound, once made, is ever truly lost. In electric clouds, all are safely trapped, and with a touch, if we find them, we can recapture those echoes of sad, forgotten wars, long summers, and sweet autumns.
33. The day you left, it felt like I lost a diary in which I had been writing for so long. Now all that memories flashes in bits and pieces inside my head always and makes me wish that I could sit back and read it all over again.
34. Distance matters only when you fail to cover it through your mind
35. Oh my sweet Saturday, I have been waiting for you for six long days
36. Some people masturbate to temporarily replace their partners when they are absent, whereas some people do that to temporarily live in the present.
37. Although I understand that all days are equal with 24 hours each, most of us agree that Friday is the longest day of the week and Sunday the shortest!
38. Computers and mobile devices are becoming known for their inherent insecurities and the ability to damage the long term health of the users.
39. We got to see a Corsair ship up close – all matt black, no markings, no lights – and practically invisible out here in the dark! What a sight to behold! Most people don’t get to see those bastards up close. That is, for very long! Anyways, the ship was just floating there, no sign of life. Our hails weren’t being answered, and so we assumed the ship was dead in space. Captain Mulligan, gods-rest-his-soul, told me to form a boarding party of security and medics from the sickbay and that we were going over there. We weren’t a military ship, and we’re not Star Marines, so we were lightly armed and quite nervous. I mean, this wasn’t just some of my security section being called out to break up a fight at one of the bars on the promenade, this was serious life-and-death shit! So I said ‘okay’, and told my assistant supervisor, Lisa Garfner, to get them all together. Seven of us shifted over to the other ship with the transmatter (you still use those things, I take it?) not knowing what to expect. It could’ve been anything… and it was. It was crazy.
40. His famous, soul-stirring “I have a dream” speech will still give you chills and break your heart today. Decades later, long after his life on earth tragically ended, the legacy of his burden lives on, improving lives for generations to come. All because one man allowed his burden to birth a dream.
41. If you’re waiting for a path to emerge magically before you actively start building your dream, you’re going to be waiting for an awfully long time.
42. You must long for God more than normal. You must be willing to live to give, not live to gain.
43. Waiting so long… for 0 result?
44. This was true, she knew. Being involved with him gave her the privileged position of knowing him intimately. There were nights when he would wake up sweating, the nightmares returning out of the blue after a peaceful period sometimes weeks long. Growing up in the middle of a fierce civil war could indelibly mark a child. To Mykl, birthdays were always just another year under the belt, where the only reason to celebrate was that you weren’t dead yet. She took his hand, squeezed it tight and led him inside.
45. Very few people realize how dangerous the indoor environment can be to long term health.
46. If you’re a follower of Jesus, He has given you abundance so that you can care for others, not so you can stock up on capri pants for next summer or afford a leather interior in the new SUV. As long as you don’t own the responsibility of being blessed with resources so that you can give to those around you, then you can stay focused on getting more for yourself.
47. For the gaming fishermen there was the Whatoosie River and its native cocka-snoek, the main game fish of the resident Skegg’s Valley Dynamite Fishing Club. Cocka-snoek were wily and tough and rather too bright for mere fish. You wouldn’t catch much with a rod around here. Many inexperienced visitors would find the bait stolen from their hooks, which punctuated the discovery that their lines had somehow got snagged and tangled irretrievably around some underwater obstruction – sometimes tied together with neat little bows. Often, several direct hits with hand grenades were needed to stun the creatures long enough just to catch them, gut them and fry them, but these former military types had become experts at it. For a modest fee, tours could be arranged via the booking office, which included an overnight stay on the banks of the river where one could drop off to a great night’s sleep after a satisfying meal of cocka-snoek done on an open fire, and the sound the bits of shrapnel made rattling in your stomach.
48. A police officer should legally be able to refuse body mounted electronic devices, based on the extensive range of evidence that biological toxicity is known to occur from long term exposure to their electromagnetic interference (EMI) emissions.
49. When a nation is under oppression for too long, it gets used to it and begins to agree with that oppression
50. People who maximize their potentials don’t even die; they live forever as long as this earth remains.
51. I will not swear, reader, that there was not something of repressed sarcasm both in the tone in which I uttered this sentence, and in the feeling that accompanied it. I had silently feared St. John till now, because I had not understood him. He had held me in awe, because he had held me in doubt. How much of him was saint, how much mortal, I cold not heretofore tell: but revelations were being made in this conference: analysis of his nature was proceeding before my eyes. I saw his fallibilities: I.comprehnded them. I understood that, sitting there where I did, on the bank of heath, and with that handsome form before me, I sat at the feet of a man, erring as I. The veil fell from his hardness and despotism. Having felt in him the presence of these qualities, I felt his imperfection, and took courage. I was with an equal-one with whom I might argue-one whom, if I saw good, I might resist.
52. I like the Nights… not very long walks in 17:00 pm… and not very short distances.
53. Lies have expiry date, but truth will last longer.
54. In Life cheaters get on the long run and honest people don’t get far.
55. We should prioritize the family we will create in the long run. No passing event will be a future reward.
56. I guess that sometimes it just takes a long walk through the darkness, a long walk through the darkest shadows and corners of your soul to realize that those are a part of you as well, that you’ve created through your experiences and thoughts those parts within yourself and as much as you can choose to fear them and repress them, they will require your attention one day, they will need your care and acceptance before you can clean them away and turn the lights on. For you refuse to shine the light on something that is imperfect, because you fear judgement and rejection, but you can always choose to look towards the light as the only source of true beauty and love that can help you in the cleaning process. Healing, after a long time of struggle and mess is a complex process, but a necessary one nevertheless. We are so overwhelmed by the amount of work it requires that we so often choose to run away from the light, hide in our dark corner and hope that we will never be found, hope that we will never be seen, or desperately look outwards for that love and compassion that we can no longer find within ourselves, for our soul’s light no longer shines as it used to. And sometimes we just find those people that can see the light beneath all that dust and darkness that’s been pilled up, those kind of light workers that understand our broken souls and manage to pick us up and see the beauty within us, when we find it so hard to see it ourselves. Sometimes I get so tired of separation, of division, of groups and different religions and belief systems. Even if you do find the truth, once you’ve put it into words, books and rules it already becomes distorted by the mind into something that is no longer truth. So I no longer hope for understanding, no longer hope for the opinion of a judgemental mind, but I hope to find the words that touch the soul before the mind, I hope to find the touch that warms the heart from deep inside, and hope to find that far away abandoned part of me which I’ve left behind.
57. As they roared past the streetlamps, people emerged from their houses to see what was happening. Nina tried to imagine what their wild crew must look like to these Fjerdans. What did they see as they poked their heads out of windows and doorways? A group of hooting kids clinging to a tank painted with the Fjerdan flag and charging along like some deranged float gone astray from its parade: a girl in purple silk and a boy with red-gold curls poking out from behind the guns; four soaked people holding tight to the sides for dear life—a Shu boy in prison clothes, two bedraggled drüskelle, and Nina, a half-naked girl in shreds of teal chiffon shouting, “We have a moat!
58. Corrupt and incompetent police officers have a long history of being protected by their colleagues, police internal affairs and the government.
59. Guess life is really a road marked by crossroads. It’s not the long and winding stretches that will hurt you the most. It’s the crossroads. You make a bad choice and it’s a tumble and a rumble before you get back on your feet again. But you’ll get back on your feet. You’ll find yourself. And then you’ll be off to your next adventure (crossroads, I mean). In my case, I always had a safety net—my faith in God. But then, I’m more like the millions of simple folk who travel this world.
60. Nobody lives forever, nobody stays young long enough. My past seemed like so much excess baggage, my future a series of long goodbyes, my present an empty flask, the last good drink already bitter on my tongue.