1. The soul that sees beauty may sometimes walk alone.
2. A season of loneliness and isolation is when the caterpillar gets its wings. Remember that next time you feel alone.
3. The greatest thing in the world is to know how to belong to oneself.
4. People think being alone makes you lonely, but I don’t think that’s true. Being surrounded by the wrong people is the loneliest thing in the world.
5. Sometimes you need to be alone. Not to be lonely, but to enjoy your free time being yourself.
6. I used to think the worst thing in life was to end up all alone. It’s not. The worst thing in life is to end up with people that make you feel all alone.
7. Loneliness adds beauty to life. It puts a special burn on sunsets and makes night air smell better.
8. Sometimes you need to take a break from everyone and spend time alone to experience, appreciate, and love yourself.
9. Sometimes, you just need a break. In a beautiful place. Alone. To figure everything out.
10. Sometimes you have to stand alone. Just to make sure you still can.
11. Nothing can bring you peace but yourself.
12. Inside myself is a place where I live all alone and that’s where you renew your springs that never dry up.
13. A man can be himself only so long as he is alone; and if he does not love solitude, he will not love freedom; for it is only when he is alone that he is really free.
14. It is better to be lonely than allow people who are not going anywhere keep you from your destiny.
15. Loneliness is not lack of company, loneliness is lack of purpose.
16. When we cannot bear to be alone, it means we do not properly value the only companion we will have from birth to death – ourselves.
17. If you are alone, you belong entirely to yourself. If you are accompanied by even one companion, you belong only half to yourself or even less in proportion to the thoughtlessness of his conduct, and if you have more than one companion, you will fall more deeply into the same plight.
18. It takes a strong person to remain single in a world that is accustomed to settling with anything just to say they have something.
19. I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You’re not competing with another person, you’re competing with my comfort zones.
20. There are worse things than feeling alone. Things like being with someone and still feeling alone.
21. Some people can’t stand being alone. I love solitude and silence. But when I come out of it, I’m a regular talking machine. It’s all or nothing for me.
22. The best part about being alone is that you really don’t have to answer to anybody. You do what you want.
23. Being alone & actually sitting with our own thoughts can lead to such growth and realizations that are rare in our everyday busy lives.
24. As I get older I’m more and more comfortable being alone.
25. Remember: the time you feel lonely is the time you most need to be by yourself. Life’s cruelest irony.
26. Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness.
27. All great and precious things are lonely.
28. When I get lonely these days, I think: So Be lonely, Liz. Learn your way around loneliness. Make a map of it. Sit with it, for once in your life. Welcome to the human experience. But never again use another person’s body or emotions as a scratching post for your own unfulfilled yearnings.
29. Loneliness is the human condition. Cultivate it. The way it tunnels into you allows your soul room to grow. Never expect to outgrow loneliness. Never hope to find people who will understand you, someone to fill that space. An intelligent, sensitive person is the exception, the very great exception. If you expect to find people who will understand you, you will grow murderous with disappointment. The best you’ll ever do is to understand yourself, know what it is that you want, and not let the cattle stand in your way.
30. If you are afraid of being lonely don’t try to be right.
31. If one’s different one’s bound to be lonely.
32. I’m not much but I’m all I have.
33. If you smile when you are alone then you really mean it.
34. What a lovely surprise to finally discover how unlonely being alone can be.
35. Sometimes I think that my own company is more suitable for me than if I were around others. Because of the person that I am.
36. I’m not much but I’m all I have.
37. A broken relationship can make you feel more lonely than when you were single.
38. Find company within yourself and you’ll never spend a day alone. Find love within yourself and you’ll never have a lonely day.
39. There’s nothing abnormal about loneliness.
40. If you want to miss your crown follow the crowd. If you want to wear the crown, go alone and be yourself.
41. I’m fascinated with myself and love hearing the sound of my own voice. I’d like to hear what I have to say. A lot of people don’t like being alone because they truly don’t like themselves but I love me.
42. My inspirations are the woman, friendship, and loneliness.
43. Tore up my heart and shut it down. Nothing to do, nowhere to be. A simple little kind of free. Nothing to do, no one but me, and that’s all I need. I’m perfectly lonely.
44. The strongest man in the world is he who stands most alone.
45. All men’s misfortunes spring from their hatred of being alone.
46. Some steps need to be taken alone. It’s the only way to really figure out where you need to go and who you need to be.
47. Lonely hours is the best time of life, because it’s the only time I share my deepest secrets with the most trusted person in the world, MYSELF.
48. Life is ever easy for those who dream.
49. Never search your happiness in others, it will make you feel alone. Search it in yourself, you will feel happy even when you are left alone.
50. It is far better to be alone, than to be in bad company.
51. I want to be with those who know secret things or else alone.
52. If you go deeper and deeper into your own heart, you’ll be living in a world with less fear, isolation and loneliness.
53. The only time we waste is the time we spend thinking we are alone.
54. Loneliness is proof that your innate search for connection is intact.
55. It’s weird to feel like you miss someone you’re not even sure you know.
56. In solitude the mind gains strength and learns to lean upon itself.
57. The loneliness you feel with another person, the wrong person, is the loneliest of all.
58. When everything is lonely I can be my best friend.
59. My loneliness was born when men praised my talkative faults and blamed my silent virtues.
60. Dreams have only one owner at a time. That’s why dreamers are lonely.