Life Is Short Quotes
1. One clear moment, one of trance
One missed step, one perfect dance
One missed shot, one and only chance
Life is all…but one fleeting glance.
2. Why do they not teach you that time is a finger snap and an eye blink, and that you should not allow a moment to pass you by without taking joyous, ecstatic note of it, not wasting a single moment of its swift, breakneck circuit?
3. If losing Sam had taught me anything, it was to seize life-seize everything it had to offer, including the tears, the anger and loss, but most of all, the laughter and the love.
To just seize life.
Because it was fleeting and it was fickle, and no one, not me or anyone I knew, had another day, let alone another second promised to them.
4. Don’t be afraid to make mistakes. But if you do, make new ones. Life is too short to make the wrong choice twice.
5. Enjoy life while you can. It can be taken in a heart beat.
6. Life is so transient and ephemeral; we will not be here after a breath. So think better, think deeply, think with kindness, and write it with love so that it may live a little longer.
7. Life is too short to stuff a mushroom.
8. Tomorrow is promised to no one. Prioritize today accordingly.
9. Like life is short,” he said. “Like you don’t know when it’s going to end. Like some things, left unsaid, can’t ever be said.
10. Life is a first impression. You get one shot at it. Make it everlasting.
11. So have adventures. Go exploring. Drive around at midnight. Feel the wind running through your hair.
Life is so short, my darling. And there’s no day like today.
12. The brevity of our lives breeds a kind of temporal parochialism—an ignorance of or an indifference to those planetary gears which turn more slowly than our own.
13. I’m thankful that everything sweet is sweet because it is finite.
14. Some people would not waste any part of today if they knew that by this time tomorrow they will be dead.
15. I am 1324512000 seconds old. In the cosmic blink of an eye, I will become once again cosmic dust.
16. But maybe it is worth it. You never know how long you have with people.
17. We lose huge portions of our lives to making a living.
18. A few minutes wasted regularly can amount to over a year within a decade.
19. You have started, whether you recognize that fact or not. We foolish mortals sometimes live through years of not realizing how short life is, and that TODAY is our life. The day comes when we die.
20. Life is too short for unreality and you don’t owe anybody anything – especially your time, energy, and attention.
21. One cannot help but wonder what used to get the huge portions of our attention that are now gotten by social media every single day.
22. We often say that life is short! But no! Life is long, we’re short!
23. O friends, to a good place we’ve come to live, come in springtime! In that place a very brief moment! So brief is life!
24. Understand that this life is short and precious. Engage in activities that shift your attention to positivity and something opposite to your burdens. Rejuvenate yourself and restart your pursuit with full vigor every day.
25. A second is a step taken by the living towards death.
26. It is a waste of time not to do the most effective, useful, or important thing you can do.
27. It’s like Life itself is saying, “Hey, I know you don’t have much time, so, you want to go outside and play?
28. Art is long and life is brief and mortality looms.
29. At some point your candle will go out, so make use of the light.
30. Look around. It’s almost gone.
If only someone had told me that before. About life. If only I had understood.
31. It occurred to Anita that hatred and dislike and even indifference were all luxuries, born of the mistaken belief that anything could last forever.
32. This is exactly the sort of thing that makes traveling wonderful for me, the reason I defied everyone. The two of us together like we have always been, not saying anything, not doing anything special, just on vacation. I know nothing lasts, but even when you know that things are just about over, sometimes you can run back and take a little bit more and no one will notice.
33. Why just work and live for a happy retirement? Why not work and live for a happy life?
34. We would not deem life too short if we always remembered that we do not have to watch TV.
35. Every moment spent on impressing others, makes one’s life shorter than it already is.
36. Distractions make life seem way shorter than it is.
37. Life is short; love is longer.
38. I wish you joy. To spend life’s fleeting days mid joy that never meets an evil hour is to be blessed beyond compare.
39. Not having to eat my daily lunch on a tupperware is a much stronger deciding factor for choosing my occupation than a mere high salary
40. The sad truth is, John and I and the kids only took Route 66 once on our trips to Disneyland. Our family, like the rest of America, succumbed to the lure of faster highways, more direct routes, higher speed limits. We forgot about taking the slow way. It makes you wonder if something inside us knows that our lives are going to pass faster than we could ever realize. So we run around like chickens about to lose our heads. Which makes our little two- or three-week vacations with our families more important than ever…
As for the time that elapsed between those vacations, that’s another thing altogether. It seems to have all passed breathlessly, like some extended whisper of days, months, years, decades.
41. Selling your time is slightly better than selling your body.
42. Life is so short, transient, and beautiful that there is not enough time to get old.
43. No! Life isn’t short. It’s you who decided to have plans longer than what life would allow you. Life is what it is. You can’t take or add. What you can only do is to live it.
44. Teddy taught me about kindness, about love that is unconditional; a sentiment not dependent on acceptance, approval, or the expectation of something in return. It was the first time I would ever feel this from a man who wasn’t my grandfather. And I didn’t know what to do with it at all. If only I’d embraced our differences sooner. I didn’t know it then, but we had so little time left.
45. Whenever we buy something we do not need, we waste not only money but also time.
46. Everything living on earth is temporary
47. Life would not seem short if we valued time as much as we value money.
48. All things that live, die. This is why you must find joy in the living, while the time is yours, and not fear the end. To deny this is to deny life. To fear this… is to fear life.
49. Women who play hard to get make life seem shorter.
50. Life is short. Write naked.
51. There is a correlation between how foolish a man is and how tolerant he is of people who waste his time.
52. The brevity of our lives makes watching TV seem like a symptom of insanity.
53. Most of us love timesavers because they give us more time to waste.
54. Living my best life consists of inner peace, happiness, laughter, creating memorable memories with my family, genuine friendships, good health, and being my authentic self. My life is priceless!
55. Yes, life is short, the roads are very difficult, but our love for life is greater than all these negativities!
56. Life is too short for souvenirs.
57. Life is too short to hate anything. I am too busy to love and enjoy everything.
58. I blame my dad for my sweet tooth. His motto was ‘Life is short; eat dessert first.’ How can I argue with that?
59. Life is too short not to start something stupid.
60. Life isn’t really short. There are just too many good books to read in one lifetime.