Quotations On Liars
1. Always do what you’re afraid to do.
2. There is beauty in truth, even if it’s painful. Those who lie, twist life so that it looks tasty to the lazy, brilliant to the ignorant, and powerful to the weak. But lies only strengthen our defects. They don’t teach anything, help anything, fix anything or cure anything. Nor do they develop one’s character, one’s mind, one’s heart or one’s soul.
3. Of all the liars in the world, sometimes the worst are our own fears.
4. Don’t lies eventually lead to the truth? And don’t all my stories, true or false, tend toward the same conclusion? Don’t they all have the same meaning? So what does it matter whether they are true or false if, in both cases, they are significant of what I have been and what I am? Sometimes it is easier to see clearly into the liar than into the man who tells the truth. Truth, like light, blinds. Falsehood, on the contrary, is a beautiful twilight that enhances every object.
5. Hypocrites get offended by the truth.
6. A coward talks to everyone but YOU.
7. If you look up “charming” in the dictionary, you’ll see that it not only has references to strong attraction, but to spells and magic. Then again, what are liars if not great magicians?
8. Half of the people lie with their lips; the other half with their tears
9. Before you call yourself a Christian, Buddhist, Muslim, Hindu or any other theology, learn to be human first.
10. Often people that say they “don’t care” actually do. The moment they discuss you with their friends and family, compete with you, bad mouth you to others or react to anything you do or say is when they give themselves away. You can either be saddened or flattered that you effected someone so much. The perspective is yours to determine.
11. Women writers make for rewarding (and efficient) lovers. They are clever liars to fathers and husbands; yet they never hold their tongues too long, nor keep ardent typing fingers still.
12. She looks honestly upset, but then, I’ve learned that I can’t read her. The problem with a really excellent liar is that you have to just assume they’re always lying.
13. Sure the world breeds monsters, but kindness grows just as wild…
14. Relationships with negative people are simply tedious encounters with porcupines. You don’t have the remote knowledge how to be close to them without quills being shot in your direction.
15. Cathy’s lies were never innocent. Their purpose was to escape punishment, or work, or responsibility, and they were used for profit. Most liars are tripped up either because they forget what they have told or because the lie is suddenly faced with an incontrovertible truth. But Cathy did not forget her lies, and she developed the most effective method of lying. She stayed close enough to the truth so that one could never be sure. She knew two other methods also — either to interlard her lies with truth or to tell a truth as though it were a lie. If one is accused of a lie and it turns out to be the truth, there is a backlog that will last a long time and protect a number of untruths.
16. The clergy are, practically, the most irresponsible of all talkers.
17. All of us have to be prevaricators, hypocrites, and liars every day of our lives; otherwise the social structure would fall into pieces the first day. We must act in one another’s presence just as we must wear clothes. It is for the best
18. When God takes out the trash, don’t go digging back through it. Trust Him.
19. Gomst’s mouth framed a ‘no’, but every other muscle in him said ‘yes’. You’d think priests would be better liars, what with their jobs and all.
20. Narcissists are consumed with maintaining a shallow false self to others. They’re emotionally crippled souls that are addicted to attention. Because of this they use a multitude of games, in order to receive adoration. Sadly, they are the most ungodly of God’s creations because they don’t show remorse for their actions, take steps to make amends or have empathy for others. They are morally bankrupt.
21. Lies don’t end relationships the truth does.
22. Narcissists will never tell you the truth. They live with the fear of abandonment and can’t deal with facing their own shame. Therefore, they will twist the truth, downplay their behavior, blame others and say what ever it takes to remain the victim. They are master manipulators and conartists that don’t believe you are smart enough to figure out the depth of their disloyalty. Their needs will always be more important than telling you any truth that isn’t in their favor.
23. If there was one thing worse than being cheated, it was being cheated by someone who referred to themselves in the third person.
24. Someone ought to write a novel about me,” said Lebedeva loftily. “I shouldn’t care if they lied to make it more interesting, as long as they were good lies, full of kisses and daring escapes and the occasional act of barbarism. I can’t abide a poor liar.
25. Stupidity is to have amnesia over your own faults when the person you hate makes theirs.
26. But he that sows lies in the end shall not lack of a harvest, and soon he may rest from toil indeed, while others reap and sow in his stead.
27. In a world of lies and liars, an honest work of art is always an act of social responsibility.
28. Some people, from what I’ve seen, boo, when they lie, they become very still and centered and their gaze very concentrated and intense. They try to dominate the person they lie to. The person to whom they’re lying. Another type becomes fluttery and insubstantial and punctuates his lie with little self-deprecating motions and sounds, as if credulity were the same as pity. Some bury the lie in so many digressions and asides that they like try to slip the lie in there through all the extraneous data like a tiny bug through a windowscreen … Then there are what I might call your Kamikaze-style liars. These’ll tell you a surreal and fundamentally incredible lie, and then pretend a crisis of conscience and retract the original lie, and then offer you the like they really want you to buy instead, so the real lie’ll appear a some kind of concession, a settlement with through. That type’s mercifully easy to see through … Or then the type who sort of overelaborates on the lie, buttresses it with rococo formations of detail and amendment, and that’s how you can always tell … So Now I’ve established a subtype of the over-elaborator type. This is the liar who used to be an over-elaborator and but has somehow snapped to the fact that rococo elaborations give him away every time, so he changes and now lies tersely, sparely, seeming somehow bored, like what he’s saying is too obviously true to waste time on.
29. Pigs are dirty, but I will tell you something dirtier: Liars! Untruth always smells like rotten garbage!
30. It is not the hand that rocks the cradle that rules the world; it is the woman that holds the keys to the kingdom.
31. The household was pervaded by this atmosphere of a calm adult woman and a man who gave into animal impulses. She reported to him in great detail what her analyst … said about his binges and his hostility; she used Charley’s money to pay Dr. Andrews to catalog his abnormalities. And of course Charley never heard anything directly from the doctor; he had no way of keeping her from reporting what served her and holding back what did not. The doctor, too, had no way of getting to the truth of what she told him; no doubt she only gave him the facts that suited her picture, so that the doctor’s picture of Charley was based on what she wanted him to know. By the time she had edited both going and coming there was little of it outside her control.
32. I have no desire for others to take it on themselves to analyze my thoughts. I am without thoughts. I have never, not even once, acted on the basis of any doctrine or philosophy.I am convinced that those people whom the world considers good and respects are all liars and fakes. I do not trust the world.
33. Once upon a time I was such a good liar; I could talk the fish right into my mouths.
34. There is tremendous trauma in the betrayal caused by a perpetual liar as they repeatedly commit psychological abuse.
35. Be careful… not all are what they seem. Some people pretend to be the beach, but they’re actually quicksand.
36. If pregnant girls were sinner, what were liars called?
37. What is the source of Character Assassination?
Jealousy. Jealousy originates from Limitation. A jealous person sees you as having a gift, skill, charisma, talent, or ability that he or she does not have. The mindset of a jealous person is manipulation. How does a Jealous Person manipulate? A Jealous Person controls a group’s perception of you, the Gifted Person, by possessing a group’s opinion by claiming you are full of fault
38. Thieves and liars kill indirectly, unintentionally, and with no other weapon than their tongues and malice.
39. Love. I’m not capable of it, can’t even approach it from the side, let alone head-on. Nor am I alone in this—everyone is like this, the liars. Singing songs and painting pictures and telling each other stories about love and its mysteries and marvelous properties, myths to keep morale up—maybe one day it’ll materialize. But I can say it ten times a day, a hundred times, ‘I love you,’ to anyone and anything, to a woman, to a pair of pruning shears. I’ve said it without meaning it at all, taken love’s name in vain and gone dismally unpunished. Love will never be real, or if it is, it has no power. No power. There’s only covetousness, and if what we covet can’t be won with gentle words—and often it can’t—then there is force.
40. Pathological liars call a situation a “misunderstanding” most especially when their deceptions return to them as karmic whirlwind.
41. Some lies are more useful than, or useful unlike, some facts.
42. A persistent liar cannot prosper without a powerful memory.
43. Truth have been winning against lies, but truth is still struggling against beliefs.
44. Lies sound like facts to those who’ve been conditioned to mis-recognize the truth.
45. Leadership by deception isn’t leadership. It’s fraud.
46. Once a country is habituated to liars, it takes generations to get the truth back.
47. Remember, a fact is a fact, no matter how hard the liars amongst you might try hushing it up.
48. The truth sounds like an insult to crazy people in denial.
49. On your way to accomplish greatness, you will hear a lot of noise. Listen to your inner voice and never let the distraction of the crowd discolour your poise.
50. A liar should have a good memory.
51. Read Between The “Lies” Not The Lines
52. When your ears hear one thing, but your eyes see another…use your brain.
53. Curses to the crooked, to the liars and to the immoral people, because only truth must triumph.
54. What someone considers truth is considered by someone else as a lie
55. He, of course, is a liar, but that doesn’t really matter because, if you know liars are liars, it comes to the same thing.
56. People don’t lie to contaminate truth. They lie to pollute their hearts.
57. Liars, cheaters and abusers don’t easily change.
58. The best way to make liars out of children is to punish them for telling the truth.
59. Sometimes, lies were the same things as wishes. Sometimes, wishes were things to hate.
60. And that was when I realized that she was actually a very good liar. Only good liars are surprised at being caught.