Who is Les Brown
Les Brown, the American author and motivational speaker was born Leslie Calvin Brown on the 17th February 1945. He has had a varied career including being a radio DJ, working in television, as well as getting involved in politics, being elected as a member of the Ohio House of Representatives from 1976 to 1981.
Following relatively unsuccessful stints on radio, he went into politics and it was after this phase of his life that he moved to television, hosting a show on PBS. It was during this time that he began to receive plaudits for his public speaking and motivational speaking exploits. In 1993, he hosted other shows which only lasted a few months and so decided to focus on his motivational speaking.
He has published four pieces including Live Your Dreams in 1994 and Laws of Success: 12 Laws that Turn Dreams Into Reality, in 2017. He continues to inspire people to achieve their goals and uses the catchphrase ‘It’s possible!’ when talking about people trying to make their dreams come true.
We have collected together many quotes from his publications to spread confidence and inspiration to those that read them. Brown had a way of connecting with his audience and these are proof of that.
Les Brown Quotes
1. Other people’s opinion of you does not have to become your reality.
2. We must look for ways to be an active force in our own lives. We must take charge of our own destinies, design a life of substance and truly begin to live our dreams.
3. If you are carrying strong feelings about something that happened in your past, they may hinder your ability to live in the present.
4. You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.
5. All of us need to grow continuously in our lives.
6. Goals help you channel your energy into action.
7. Life has no limitations, except the ones you make.
8. You take on the responsibility for making your dream a reality.
9. Don’t let someone else’s opinion of you become your reality.
10. Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears.
11. Shoot for the moon and if you miss you will still be among the stars.
12. The only limits to the possibilities in your life tomorrow are the buts you use today.
13. Anytime you suffer a setback or disappointment, put your head down and plow ahead.
14. You need to make a commitment, and once you make it, then life will give you some answers.
15. Unlike productions in the other arts, all television shows are born to destroy two other shows.
16. If you take responsibility for yourself you will develop a hunger to accomplish your dreams.
17. You must remain focused on your journey to greatness.
18. Forgive those who have hurt you.
19. Forgive yourself for your faults and your mistakes and move on.
20. Review your goals twice every day in order to be focused on achieving them
21. Your goals are the road maps that guide you and show you what is possible for your life.
22. It takes someone with a vision of the possibilities to attain new levels of experience. Someone with the courage to live his dreams.
23. In day-to-day commerce, television is not so much interested in the business of communications as in the business of delivering audiences to advertisers. People are the merchandise, not the shows. The shows are merely the bait.
24. Honor your commitments with integrity.
25. Help others achieve their dreams and you will achieve yours.
26. If you fall, fall on your back. If you can look up, you can get up.
27. There are winners, there are losers and there are people who have not yet learned how to win.
28. A lot of people do not muster the courage to live their dreams because they are afraid to die.
29. You cannot expect to achieve new goals or move beyond your present circumstances unless you change.
30. Life takes on meaning when you become motivated, set goals and charge after them in an unstoppable manner
31. When life knocks you down, try to land on your back. Because if you can look up, you can get up. Let your reason get you back up.
32. If you set goals and go after them with all the determination you can muster, your gifts will take you places that will amaze you
33. Just because Fate doesn’t deal you the right cards, it doesn’t mean you should give up. It just means you have to play the cards you get to their maximum potential.
34. Today, you expand or you are expendable
35. Today, you expand or you are expendable
36. I think of myself as a catalyst of action and a messenger of hope, turning people onto themselves and turning people onto their dreams.
37. Make each day count by setting specific goals to succeed, then putting forth every effort to exceed your own expectations.
38. Where do we enroll in Life 101? Where are the classes dealing with the loss of a job, the death
of a loved one, the failure of a relationship? Unfortunately, those lessons are mostly learned through trial by fire and the school of hard knocks.
39. Accept responsibility for your life. Know that it is you who will get you where you want to go, no one else.
40. If you put yourself in a position where you have to stretch outside your comfort zone, then you are forced to expand your consciousness.
41. Wanting something is not enough. You must hunger for it. Your motivation must be absolutely compelling in order to overcome the obstacles that will invariably come your way.
42. You don’t get what you want in life. You get who you are!
43. In every day, there are 1,440 minutes. That means we have 1,440 daily opportunities to make a positive impact.
44. We were all born with a certain degree of power. The key to success is discovering this innate power and using it daily to deal with whatever challenges come our way.
45.We have to live life with a sense of urgency so not a minute is wasted.
46. Your smile will give you a positive countenance that will make people feel comfortable around you.
47. Your ability to communicate is an important tool in your pursuit of your goals, whether it is with your family, your co-workers or your clients and customers.
48. I advise you to say your dream is possible and then overcome all inconveniences, ignore all the hassles and take a running leap through the hoop, even if it is in flames.
49. Easy is not an option!
50. The best gifts are those we not only cherish but put to use.
51. Our ability to handle life’s challenges is a measure of our strength of character.
52. We are living in very challenging times. Pressured in the workplace and stressed out at home, people are trying to make sense of their lives.