Who is Leonardo Dicaprio
Leonardo DiCaprio is a world-famous American actor and environmentalist who was born on the 11th November 1974 in Los Angeles. Destined to be an actor, he starred in commercials from an early age and in the 1990s, had roles in series such as Parenthood. He starred in a few films before perhaps his biggest movie of all time and the one that turned him into one of the most recognisable movie stars of our time, Titanic, released in 1997.
Despite having a few commercial flops afterwards, his film career flourished from this point on, with a particular focus on biographical pieces including Catch Me If You Can, The Aviator and The Wolf Of Wall Street. Not happy to simply focus on these, he has starred in some epic films including The Departed, Django Unchained and The Revenant.
An award-winning actor, he has won an Oscar, Bafta and Golden Globe for The Revenant, as well as other accolades.
Away from film, DiCaprio has founded a production company and a charitable foundation, with the aim of promoting environmental awareness, often inspiring others to donate and commit to making changes for the better future of our planet. An inspirational actor and human being, his quotations offer an insight into what he believes and why he takes action.
Leonardo Dicaprio Quotes
1. I’m not the kind of person who tries to be cool or trendy, I’m definitely an individual.
2. If you can do what you do best and be happy, you’re further along in life than most people.
3. I don’t think I ever expected anything like an Oscar ever, to tell you the truth. That is not my motivation when I do these roles. I really am motivated by being able to work with great people and create a body of work that I can look back and be proud of.
4. The best thing about acting is that I get to lose myself in another character and actually get paid for it… It’s a great outlet. I’m not really sure who I am – it seems I change every day.
5. I get a friend to travel with me… I need somebody to bring me back to who I am. It’s hard to be alone.
6. I’ve never been Romeo who meets a girl and falls for her immediately. It’s been a much slower process for me each time I’ve gone into a relationship.
7. I don’t see why I can’t have friends of both sexes without wild rumors being circulated. It’s crazy.
8. I want to be a jerk like the rest of my friends, and have fun, and not care about the consequences, but I just can’t now.
9. I got attention by being funny at school, pretending to be retarded, and jumping around with a deformed hand.
10. The role of Rimbaud is one of the most important roles to play for a young actor.
11. I’m just starting to scratch the surface of what really makes me happy and it’s taken me a while to admit that acting like a little child and being a jerk and a punk is fun.
12. It’s easy to fall into the trap of believing all the hype that’s written about you… Who knows? In a couple of years, you might find me in the loony bin!
13. I realise that I do not change the course of history. I am an actor, I do a movie, that’s the end of it. You have to realise we are just clowns for hire. After I had success it was great, at first, not to worry about money. It was on my mind when I was growing up.
14. The good thing about acting is that it always keeps you on your toes… It’s not like any other job where you can go in and do the same thing as yesterday.
15. I’ve always been spontaneous and outgoing… I’ve tried lots of things so I’ve got some good life experiences, which is great ’cause it means I’ve got lots of material to work with as an actor.
16. I just really love doing what I do. I know every career is fleeting and there will be time periods when I don’t get the opportunities that I’m getting right now, so I am taking advantage of them.
17. Everywhere I go, somebody is staring at me, I don’t know if people are staring because they recognize me or because they think I’m a weirdo.
18. My mom, Irmelin, taught me the value of life. Her own life was saved by my grandmother during World War II.
19. My mother is a walking miracle.
20. Hoover was incredibly ambitious as a young man. He was highly motivated to succeed in Washington, primarily due to his mother’s expectations of him.
21. I prefer ordinary girls – you know, college students, waitresses, that sort of thing. Most of the girls I go out with are just good friends. Just because I go out to the cinema with a girl, it doesn’t mean we are dating.
22. I’ve managed to keep a clear head and remain sane in this business because I remain a kid off-camera.
23. I have learned from my experiences in this industry that there is absolutely no way to control people’s opinions on your performance in your movie. You go out there, promote your film and hope people like the work you did.
24. I didn’t know what types of movies I wanted to do. I want to do things that are different. I want to take my time with each role.
25. I really don’t know what I’m doing… I don’t. It’s terrible. I go in there and I learn how to be like the character and do the best I can, and that’s all I really do.
26. Raising awareness on the most pressing environmental issues of our time is more important than ever.
27. I grew up when I was 15 when I had my first opportunity in movies. I watched every great movie for a year and a half, and since then I’ve asked myself how I can emulate such artistry. That’s really my motivation. I want to do something as good as my heroes have done.
28. My career should adapt to me. Fame is like a VIP pass wherever you want to go.
29. “Don’t think for a moment that I’m really like any of the characters I’ve played. I’m not. That’s why it’s called ‘acting’.
30. School, I never truly got the knack of. I could never focus on things I didn’t want to learn.
31. I was always the kid in school who tried to get attention, not necessarily the class clown, but I’d do little unexpected performances.
32. I like to be able to play a character and act out a lot of things which I can’t or don’t do in my normal everyday life.
33. Being dubbed as a hunk sort of annoys me. It gives me a yucky feeling.
34. I’m probably not going to get married unless I live with somebody for 10 or 20 years. But these people (Romeo and Juliet) took a chance and they did it. We don’t have the balls that Romeo did.
35. My father, George, has also affected the choices in my life regarding films. I like films that take chances or say something different or experiment. Growing up with him, I was surrounded by different artists – not just actors or film-makers but cartoonists, poets, writers.
36. Meryl Streep does things I would never have thought possible… Her presence on screen is outstanding.
37. Last night’s win at the Oscars was an incredible honor – but it was also an important opportunity to bring even more attention to climate change. Last year was the hottest in recorded history. Climate change is real, it is the most dire crisis our species has ever known, and it is happening right now. We must empower leaders who don’t speak for corporate interests but who speak for us, our children’s children and those whose voices cannot be heard. Take action!
38. Everybody has gone through something that has changed them in a way that they could never go back to the person they once were.
39. Only you and you alone can change your situation. Don’t blame it on anything or anyone.
40. Wrong connection will give you shock throughout your life.but the right one will light up your life.
41. If you have done the very best you can. worrying won’t make it any better. if you want to be successful, respect one rule.
42. Thirty is a very good age for an actor: you can play both young and old men.
43. Be thankful for the hard times, for they have made you.
44. Never let failure take control of you.
45. Relationships are like electric currents.
46. Pay close attention to people who don’t clap when you win.
47. I want you to back yourself into a corner. Give yourself no choice but to succeed. let the consequences of failure become so dire and so unthinkable that you’ll have no choice but to do whatever it takes to succeed.
48. We are all shaped from memories we have as young people.
49. Work until your bank account looks like a phone number.
50. If money isn’t everything work at McDonalds.
51. Kill them with success and bury them with a smile.
52. Smile, Nod, Agree, and do whatever you were going to do anyway.
53. I’m 97% sure you don’t like me. But I’m 100% sure i don’t care.
54. Cheers to my Haters, There is so much more to come!
55. I’m Really moved by all the people on the internet demanding that i should win an Oscar. but to be honest, I only do this job because i love it, not to win prizes
56. To join the top 1% you have to do what the 99% won’t.
57. I will succeed and nothing in this world is going to stop me.
58. 97% of the people who quit too soon are employed by the 3% who never gave up.
59. Its business! Leave your emotions at the door.
60. Cheers to the ones who doubted me.