Who is Kanye West
Kanye West was born on the 8th June 1977 and is one of the most successful American rappers and songwriters of all time, as well as being a prolific producer, designer and entrepreneur.
Born in Atlanta before moving to Chicago, he started out as a producer in the early 2000s before releasing his first album in 2004, The College Dropout. This garnered both critical and commercial acclaim and he subsequently founded his own music label. His following albums are known for incorporating a broad range of styles, music genres and influencers, including My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy in 2010 and The Life of Pablo in 2016. West is a pop culture icon who has sold over 140 million records, won countless awards including 21 Grammys, multiple Brit Awards and countless others.
Away from music, West has courted controversy with his outspoken views and elaborate lifestyle, whether that is for his conduct at award shows, comments on politics and race. It is important to note that his views receive acclaim, as well as controversy and with such focused attention, it must be difficult to deal with. He is a successful businessman, collaborating on many products as a fashion designer and developing an estimated net worth of over a billion dollars.
This influential artist will continue to inspire millions with his music for many years to come and his quotes help us understand this icon.
Kanye West Quotes
1. I refuse to accept other people’s ideas of happiness for me. As if there’s a ‘one size fits all’ standard for happiness.
2. I liberate minds with my music. That’s more important than liberating a few people from apartheid or whatever.
3. We all self-conscious. I’m just the first to admit it.
4. George Bush doesn’t care about black people.
5. I am Warhol. I am the No. 1 most impactful artist of our generation. I am Shakespeare in the flesh.
6.For me, money is not my definition of success. Inspiring people is a definition of success.
7. Why, if someone is good in one field can they not be accepted or given the slightest opportunity to
express and be creative in other fields?
8. I am God’s vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.
9. I would hear stories about Steve Jobs and feel like he was at 100 percent exactly what he wanted to do, but I’m sure even a Steve Jobs has compromised. Even a Rick Owens has compromised. You know, even a Kanye West has compromised. Sometimes you don’t even know when you’re being compromised till after the fact, and that’s what you regret.
10. Nothing in life is promised except death.
11. They say you can rap about anything except for Jesus, that means guns, sex, lies, video tapes, but if I talk about God my record won’t get played Huh?
12. I’ll say things that are serious and put them in a joke form so people can enjoy them. We laugh to keep from crying.
13. Every time I say something that’s extremely truthful out loud, it literally breaks the Internet.
14. I ain’t here to argue about his facial features. Or here to convert atheists into believers. I’m just trying to say the way school need teachers the way Kathie Lee needed Regis that’s the way yall need Jesus.
15. I don’t know what’s better gettin’ laid or gettin’ paid
16. If you see a black family, it’s looting, but if it’s a white family they are looking for food.
17. It was a strike against me that I didn’t wear baggy jeans and jerseys and that I never hustled, never sold drugs.
18. I have decided in 2020 to run for president.
19. We came into a broken world. And we’re the cleanup crew.
20. Our work is never ove
21. Blacks, especially in America, have been raised with a slave mentality – they don’t feel that they have the right to speak as loud as possible.
22. Fashion is merely an opinion. And I’ve got a lot of opinions.
23. I know I got angels watchin me from the other side.
24. This dark diction has become America’s addiction.
25. People always say that you can’t please everybody. I think that’s a cop-out. Why not attempt it? ‘Cause think of all the people you will please if you try.
26. But for me to have the opportunity to stand in front of a bunch of executives and present myself, I had to hustle in my own way. I can’t tell you how frustrating it was that they didn’t get that. No joke – I’d leave meetings crying all the time.
27. I didn’t want to play it boring and safe. I also didn’t want to innovate too much. Second albums,
man, they’re even scarier than first ones.
28. The concept of commercialism in the fashion and art world is looked down upon. You know, just to think, ‘What amount of creativity does it take to make something that masses of people like?’ And, ‘How does creativity apply across the board?’
29. Black people can be the most conservative, the most discriminating. Especially among ourselves. It wasn’t white people who said all black men have to wear baggy jeans.
30. I thank Marc Jacobs so much for giving me the opportunity to design a shoe for Louis Vuitton, but the thing that broke my heart most was when they said, ‘You’re finished. The shoe’s finished.’
31. Fashion breaks my heart.
32. I hate the way they portray us in the media. If you see a black family it says they’re looting, if you see a white family it says they’re looking for food.
33. I still think I am the greatest.
34. Would you believe in what you believe in if you were the only one who believed it?
35. I am not a fan of books.
36.Sometimes people write novels and they just be so wordy and so self-absorbed.
37. I don’t even listen to rap. My apartment is too nice to listen to rap in.
38. I will go down as the voice of this generation, of this decade, I will be the loudest voice.
39. If I was just a fan of music, I would think that I was the number one artist in the world.
40. Creative output, you know, is just pain. I’m going to be cliche for a minute and say that great art comes from pain.
41. Keep your nose out the sky, keep your heart to god, and keep your face to the raising sun.
42. I can always tell if a band has a British rhythm section due to the gritty production
43. Know your worth! People always act like they’re doing more for you than you’re doing for them.
42. I would never want a book’s autograph. I am a proud non-reader of books.
43. I feel like I’m too busy writing history to read it.
44. My message isn’t perfectly defined. I have, as a human being, fallen to peer pressure
45. I’m pretty calculating. I take stuff that I know appeals to people’s bad sides and match it up with stuff that appeals to their good sides.
46. Michael Jordan changed so much in basketball, he took his power to make a difference. It’s so much going on in music right now and somebody has to make a difference.
47. Thirty-three-years-old, still creating art. It’s rage, it’s creativity, it’s pain, it’s hurt, but it’s the opportunity to still have my voice get out there through music.
49. I was never really good at anything except for the ability to learn.
50. I really appreciate the moments that I was able to win rap album of the year or whatever.
51. You don’t have to be scared of me, because I am loyal. Why are people so scared of creative ideas and so scared of truth? All I want to do is do good.
52. I think I do myself a disservice by comparing myself to Steve Jobs and Walt Disney and human beings that we’ve seen before. It should be more like Willy Wonka… and welcome to my chocolate factory.
53. Nobody can tell me where I can and can’t go.
54. I told y’all I didn’t vote, right? But if I would’ve voted, I would’ve voted for Trump.
55. I’m giving all that I have in this life. I’m opening up my notebook, and I’m saying everything in there out loud.
56. The risk for me would be in not taking one – that’s the only thing that’s really risky for me.
57. Madonna, I think, is the greatest visual musical artist that we’ve ever had. If you look at her photo log, the photographers that she was able to work with throughout her career framed her in the proper way. It was the proper context. It was that visual that made sure that everything was gonna cut through in a certain way.
58. Sometimes we be playing the politics too much and forget who we are just to win.
59. There’s a lack of people in power that are motivated by the idea of helping people.
60. I wouldn’t say that anyone in fashion is on my side. I don’t think there’s anyone on my side.