Who is Jim Henson
Jim Henson was an American puppeteer best known for creating TV characters, including the Muppets, and for his work on the popular children’s show ‘Sesame Street.
Jim Henson, the man behind the Muppets, began working as a puppeteer in college, creating characters like Kermit the Frog. He worked as a producer on Sesame Street, a popular kids’ show that launched in 1969, and created The Muppet Show in 1976. The Muppet Movie, the first of many movies featuring Henson’s famous characters, appeared in 1979. Henson received several accolades for his work, including Emmys, Grammys and a Peabody Award. He died of pneumonia on May 16, 1990.
Jim Henson Quotes
1. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye.
2. [Kids] don’t remember what you try to teach them. They remember what you are.
3. There’s not a word yet, for old friends who’ve just met.
4. Only time can heal your broken heart. Just as only time can heal his broken arms and legs.
5. The most sophisticated people I know – inside they are all children.
6. Life’s like a movie, write your own ending. Keep believing, keep pretending.
7. If you care about what you do and work hard at it, there isn’t anything you can’t do if you want to.
8. Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger. Forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart.
9. When I was young, my ambition was to be one of the people who made a difference in this world. My hope is to leave the world a little better for having been there.
10. Through dangers untold and hardships unnumbered I have fought my way here to the castle beyond the Goblin City to take back the child you have stolen, for my will is as strong as yours and my kingdom as great. You have no power over me!
11. My hope still is to leave the world a bit better than when I got here.
12. As children, we all live in a world of imagination, of fantasy, and for some of us that world of make-believe continues into adulthood.
13. Please watch out for each other and love and forgive everybody. It’s a good life, enjoy it.
14. It all ends in one of two ways: either someone gets eaten or something blows up.
15. I don’t know exactly where ideas come from, but when I’m working well ideas just appear. I’ve heard other people say similar things – so it’s one of the ways I know there’s help and guidance out there. It’s just a matter of our figuring out how to receive the ideas or information that are waiting to be heard.
16. I really do believe that all of you are at the beginning of a wonderful journey. As you start traveling down that road of life, remember this: There are never enough comfort stops. The places you’re going to are never on the map. And once you get that map out, you won’t be able to re-fold it no matter how smart you are.
So forget the map, roll down the windows, and whenever you can pull over and have picnic with a pig. And if you can help it never fly as cargo.
17. I believe that we form our own lives, that we create our own reality, and that everything works out for the best.
18. Life is meant to be fun, and joyous, and fulfilling.
19. No time is wasted time
20. Yes, its one of the basic truths of the universe,….Things don’t disappear. They just change, and change and change again.
21. I guess I was wrong when I said I never promised anyone. I promised me.
22. Life’s like a movie, write your own ending. Keep believing, keep pretending. We’ve done just what we set out to do. Thanks to the lovers, the dreamers and you.
23. Who said that every wish would be heard and answered when wished on an evening star? Somebody thought of it and someone believed it, and look what its done so far.
24. If you can’t beat them. Join them
25. I try hard not to judge anyone, and I try to bless everyone who is a part of my life, particularly anyone with whom I am having any problems
26. We see with our eyes. We know with our hearts. Outside…Inside.
27. (Lisa Henson about her father) He admired the job of the man who walks along the road picking up trash with a long stick. He thought that guy had a great job, walking along with a stick, enjoying the road, and doing only good in the world, with hundreds of small actions.
28. I hope that something better comes along.
29. The beauty of nature has been one of the great inspirations in my life.
30. I think if you study–if you learn too much of what others have done, you may tend to take the same direction as everybody else.
31. Watch out for the icy patch
32. I know that it’s easier to portray a world that’s filled with cynicism and anger, where problems are solved with violence. What’s a whole lot tougher is to offer alternatives, to present other ways conflicts can be resolved, and to show that you can have a positive impact on your world. To do that, you have to put yourself out on a limb, take chances, and run the risk of being called a do-gooder.
33. The most sophisticated people I know–inside they’re all children. We never really loose a certain sense we had when we were kids.
34. Life is meant to be fun, and joyous, and fulfilling. May each of yours be that – having each of you as a child of mine has certainly been one of the good things in my life. Know that I’ve always loved each of you with an eternal, bottomless love. A love that has nothing to do with each other, for I feel my love for each of you is total and all-encompassing. Please watch out for each other and love and forgive everybody. It’s a good life, enjoy it.
35. Here’s some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself to seriously. And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament.
36. Cara: *Flies*
Gen: What? I don’t have wings!
Cara: Ofcourse not! You’re a boy.
37. Sometimes I have trouble falling asleep but it’s not so bad
I don’t worry and I don’t weep. In fact I’m glad.
Because I get up off my pillow and I flip on the light.
I get down and get hip in the still of the night I stretch and I yawn and then I breathe real deep And dance myself to sleep.
I hoof around my beddie just a-tappin’ my toes
Before I know what’s happened I’m a-ready to doze
Got some partners I can count the boogie-woogie sheep
I dance myself to sleep.
38. Someday we’ll find it the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers and me
39. I don’t want’a die… I have other plans!” -Fraggle Rock
40. Moving right along
In search of good times
And good news,
With good friends you can’t lose.
This could become a habit.
Opportunity just knocked,
Let’s reach out and grab it,
Together we’ll nab it,
We’ll hitch-hike, bus, or yellow cab it.
41. I think there are lots of ways of leading very good lives and growing spiritually. This process of growth goes on whether we believe it or not.
42. When single shines the triple sun,
What was sundered and undone
Shall be whole, the two made one
By Gelfling hand, or else by none.
43. Life is a kind of Labyrinth, with all its twists and turns, its straight paths and its occasional dead ends.
44. I think it’s not particularly necessary to lead a religious life. People progress just as well in music, or art, or math or science or gardening or whatever. It all seems to work as well and the process is good.