1. Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
2. When someone loves you, the way they talk about you is different. You feel safe and comfortable.
3. I think that if I ever have kids, and they are upset, I won’t tell them that people are starving in China or anything like that because it wouldn’t change the fact that they were upset. And even if somebody else has it much worse, that doesn’t really change the fact that you have what you have.
4. Remember that wherever your heart is, there you will find your treasure.
5. And that’s the thing about people who mean everything they say. They think everyone else does too.
6. If you do not tell the truth about yourself you cannot tell it about other people.
7. It’s discouraging to think how many people are shocked by honesty and how few by deceit.
8. Don’t bend; don’t water it down; don’t try to make it logical; don’t edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.
9. Most men would rather deny a hard truth than face it.
10. Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters
11. It is better to offer no excuse than a bad one.
12. You can’t lie to your soul.
13. The real things haven’t changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures; and have courage when things go wrong.
14. Do Not Lie to Yourself
We have to be honest about what we want and take risks rather than lie to ourselves and make excuses to stay in our comfort zone.
15. To believe in something, and not to live it, is dishonest.
16. [H]iding how you really feel and trying to make everyone happy doesn’t make you nice, it just makes you a liar.
17. We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
18. Honesty is the first chapter of the book wisdom.
19. Those sweet lips. My, oh my, I could kiss those lips all night long.
Good things come to those who wait.
20. Freethinkers are those who are willing to use their minds without prejudice and without fearing to understand things that clash with their own customs, privileges, or beliefs. This state of mind is not common, but it is essential for right thinking…
21. Freethinkers are those who are willing to use their minds without prejudice and without fearing to understand things that clash with their own customs, privileges, or beliefs. This state of mind is not common, but it is essential for right thinking…
22. Truth never damages a cause that is just.
23. You wear a mask for so long, you forget who you were beneath it.
24. Nothing in this world is harder than speaking the truth, nothing easier than flattery.
25. The human body is the best work of art.
26. To share your weakness is to make yourself vulnerable; to make yourself vulnerable is to show your strength.
27. To conceal anything from those to whom I am attached, is not in my nature. I can never close my lips where I have opened my heart.
28. Anything is better than lies and deceit!
29. I have survived. I am here. Confused, screwed up, but here. So, how can I find my way? Is there a chain saw of the soul, an ax I can take to my memories or fears?
30. Seldom, very seldom, does complete truth belong to any human disclosure; seldom can it happen that something is not a little disguised or a little mistaken.
31. I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to
succeed, but I am bound to live up to what light I have.
32. It takes strength and courage to admit the truth.
33. It takes strength and courage to admit the truth.
34. Oh, what a tangled web we weave…when first we practice to deceive.
35. You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.
36. Never hide things from hardcore thinkers. They get more aggravated, more provoked by confusion than the most painful truths
37. Never hide things from hardcore thinkers. They get more aggravated, more provoked by confusion than the most painful truths
38. Seeking what is true is not seeking what is desirable.
39. You ask me what forces me to speak? a strange thing; my conscience.
40. Whenever you are about to find fault with someone, ask yourself the following question: What fault of mine most nearly resembles the one I am about to criticize?
41. I felt like an animal, and animals don’t know sin, do they?
42. This life is yours. Take the power to choose what you want to do and do it well. Take the power to love what you want in life and love it honestly. Take the power to walk in the forest and be a part of nature. Take the power to control your own life. No one else can do it for you. Take the power to make your life happy.
43. If you want to write a negative review, don’t tickle me gently with your aesthetic displeasure about my work. Unleash the goddamn Kraken.
44. In a room where
people unanimously maintain
a conspiracy of silence,
one word of truth
sounds like a pistol shot.
45. Honest people don’t hide their deeds.
46. if you wanted to do something absolutely honest, something true, it always turned out to be a thing that had to be done alone.
47. If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
48. Better to get hurt by the truth than comforted with a lie.
49. Integrity is telling myself the truth. And honesty is telling the truth to other people
50. Last night I was seriously considering whether I was a bisexual or not but I don’t think so though I’m not sure if I’d like to be and argh I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that, if you like a person, you like the person, not their genitals.
51. A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
52. My head’ll explode if I continue with this escapism.
53. Friends are honest with each other. Even if the truth hurts.
54. Can you honestly love a dishonest thing?
55. Honesty is a very expensive gift, Don’t expect it from cheap people.
56. May what I do flow from me like a river, no forcing and no holding back, the way it is with children.
57. You should not honor men more than truth.
58. I meant what I said and I said what I meant.
59. All cruel people describe themselves as paragons of frankness.
60. There’s one way to find out if a man is honest: ask him; if he says yes, you know he’s crooked.