1. I think that, ah, I’m a very goofy sort of person in many ways.
2. I wore goofy hats to school and did musical theater. Most people thought I was a dork. But if you have a sense of humor about it, no one can bring you down.
3. High school golf, college golf and the decade that followed all come back to me now as one big raucous, goofy gangsome.
4. I like to take chances. The actors I admire are the ones who aren’t afraid to make themselves nasty, bad or even goofy. I’ve never shied away from controversial characters.
5. I love comedy; I’m very goofy and spontaneous.
6. With my own cartoon, it was just me being goofy by myself, but when it comes to an animated film, you’re working with 45 animators and assistant animators. It’s a whole different ballgame.
7. Goofy was the word that was used most often by my sisters because I’ve been this tall ever since I was 12 years old.
8. Jimmy Carter was – he still – he remains to this day America’s most ex of ex-presidents. You just can’t believe that we elected this doofus. He was a bright enough guy and sort of well-meaning. But he was about as prepared to be president of the United States as your goofy old uncle, you know, the one that memorises baseball statistics.
9. I know fashion can be intensely goofy, but it is something I’ve always taken pretty seriously.
10. People think I’m goofy. I don’t have that Angelina Jolie air to me. I wish that I did, and that’s an insecurity of mine.
11. Zac Efron is like a brother who’s just goofy and crazy. He plays a lot of practical jokes.
12. They didn’t really encourage my goofy, comedic side at Juilliard.
13. I’ll never forget when me and Jason Matthews wrote the line, ‘Don’t be a tape player hater,’ in ‘Country Man,’ I don’t think I ever laughed harder. We didn’t know where we were gonna put that in a song, but we knew we had to make it into a song. I just remember laughing and being so proud of such a goofy little line.
14. I had a good loud voice and I wasn’t afraid to be goofy or zany.
15. I was just a goofy little funny kid, who was always getting sent to the principal. It wasn’t serious because I was smart. I wasn’t like a true troublemaker, just rambunctious – like, talkative and trying to be funny. That was me in middle-school.
16. Look what venison does to a goofy guitar player from Detroit? I’m going to be 54 this year and if I had any more energy I’d scare you.
17. When I was in first grade, everyone made fun of my name, of course. I think it’s kind of a big name to hold up when you’re nine years old. It seemed goofy. I used to tell people I wanted to change the world and they used to think, ‘This kid’s really weird’.
18. I like to be goofy. I like to make people laugh. I like to have a good time as much as possible.
19. As opposed to trying to make a kiss look romantic or sweet or passionate, it’s kind of fun to just have the freedom to make it look weird, goofy and awkward.
20. My goal is to give girls and boys a different idea of expression. It’s not always about looking pretty or cute. It’s about expressing yourself however that may be, even if that’s being silly or goofy or weird.
21. If there are nine guys auditioning and they’re all gorgeous, I have an advantage, because gorgeous guys are a dime a dozen. But if they need someone else – like a goofy guy with bad hair who is just okay – then that’s me. And finally, the other 2 percent who audition are geniuses that I could never touch.
22. When I was younger, the pressure was just being cool. I never thought of myself as a cool guy. I always thought of myself as more of the goofy guy.
23. I have a song called ‘Waffles Are Better Than Pancakes.’ If I can’t be goofy, I’ll go insane.
24. I have been in ‘Star Wars’ since I was 20. And they’re not just doing some goofy sequel, like, to service the hunger of it. It actually has been thought out and it has integrity and they took it seriously, which they didn’t have to do, you know? It’s hard to do, given the appetite and the angles from which everybody’s coming at it.
25. I’m a pretty goofy person. I’m an awkward dancer, for instance, and a terrible singer.
26. I was, like, this tiny little kid that was goofy and would always crack jokes or sit in the back of class and not listen to anything that the teacher was saying.
27. Oh my God, if you’re talking terrible theme songs, you have to mention Matt Hardy. I can’t understand what they’re even saying. There’s a point in Matt Hardy’s song where it sounds like they say ‘I want to meet the cheese.’ I’m always like, ‘Meet the cheese?’ Just goofy stuff.
28. Every quarterback’s goofy. Every player out here is goofy. Don’t think they’re all serious.
29. I’m usually cast by people who are oddly goofy.
30. People might think Chip is just this goofy guy, and he is a goofy guy. But he’s also the bravest person I know.
31. I’ve been interviewed for hundreds of magazine articles, and they come out incredibly goofy about 90 percent of the time.
32. You can’t embarrass Joss Whedon, he’s got no pride! He fully admits it. ‘Oh, it’s me. I’m little and goofy.’ You can’t wound his pride. He’s too self-deprecating.
33. Everyone knows I’m sort of goofy. Some guys are really serious when they play. I’m not.
34. I don’t have an explosive temper. People seem to think that – maybe somewhere lives the lion in my cage. But I’m actually kind of goofy.
35. I do what I do because of Walt Disney. Goofy. Mickey Mouse. I never forgot how their films entertained me.
36. In normal life people say, ‘You’re so different than on stage!’ Offstage I’m down to earth, simple and a very goofy girl… I like to make goofy faces, be dorky and not take things too seriously. I just love to laugh.
37. I had a concussion I didn’t get over for three years. I think that’s why I’m goofy.
38. I wasn’t a sweet kid. I was an instigator and provoked everyone with my goofy hyena cackle, loving every minute of the drama I could create.
39. But don’t get caught out there looking goofy. It’s weird. When you do something that stinks, it’s going to last forever on the Internet. There’s always someone in the audience with a camera phone and if you’re not 100%, you’re going to be watching yourself on YouTube.
40. When me and my sister were growing up, we just had very different personalities. I was sort of analytical and took myself too seriously, and she was sort of goofy and nuts and full of love – too much love, she had a crush on a different guy every week.
41. As goofy as it sounds, I try to sing in the morning. It’s hard both to sing and to maintain a grouchy mood, and it sets a happy tone for everyone – particularly in my case, because I’m tone deaf, and my audience finds my singing a source of great hilarity.
42. I like girls who really don’t care what other people are thinking – girls who are a little goofy. I think that’s sexy.
43. Obviously, guys don’t deal with the same level of criticism if they show off their bodies. Russian President Vladimir Putin literally staged a goofy shirtless photo shoot to show the people of Russia how ‘handsome’ and ‘fit’ he is. No one questioned his ability to lead a country as a result, although a lot of people did crack jokes about it.
44. At this point, I feel like I can allow myself to be goofy and take more risks, and even if I do fall on my face, I know it’s not the end of the world and at least I tried to do something different.
45. When I was in college, I was in the theater department, which for anyone who has been involved in any kind of theater program, you know that it’s really wacky and tight-knit, a real family. Me and my good friends from college would do random shows and plays that were sometimes serious, but most of the time really goofy and funny.
46. What I love about Goofy is the flesh on his cheeks. You can almost feel it.
47. I was always a little embarrassed when there was an act on television that requires a great deal of skill but is a little goofy, and the host comes over and acts like the person doing this skill is some sort of fool for having learned to do something that’s very, very difficult.
48. Sometimes I’ll post goofy photos of myself on Instagram without make-up or making silly faces. I don’t always look like a little Barbie doll.
49. People are goofy about the movie business, so you end up counting on friends you knew before you were successful. It is harder to make new friends because you are a little more cautious.
50. I may be goofy, I may be corny, and I may be cheesy, but I’m me.
51. It’s a trap I’ve fallen into earlier in my career – trying to be liked. Don’t do it. When I watch TV and I see someone trying to make me like them, acting cute or quirky or goofy, I’m not impressed. Don’t act like America’s watching you. Just latch onto your character. Characters are flawed. Be unlikeable. Be flawed. Be a person.
52. I always feel like a goofy little kid.
53. Adam Sandler is truly brilliant. He plays these goofy characters, but he is a brilliant fellow.
54. I think I have a pretty goofy profile for a writer. It seems to me most writers were reading ‘Little Women’ when they were 6 months old. At the age of a lot of my readers, I wanted to be a major league baseball player. I didn’t read much.
55. I’m a total goof. When I’m being really comfortable with my friends, I can be very goofy.
56. I’m kind of like the goofy number-seven guy in a lot of movies.
57. I was a dork. I’m still kind of goofy and clumsy and not always the most graceful person.
58. Just by nature, I think in comedy. I think in sketches and what have you. In every drama or action movie I’ve been in, I have to make a concerted effort not to turn it into a comedy. Every shot, before action is called and after cut is called, I’m usually in some goofy head space. It feels natural to me.
59. The content I create reflects my personality: goofy, fun, positive, a bit clumsy, family-friendly, educational and helpful.
60. It’s not a bad typecast: the goofy guy.