Who is Gerard Way
Gerard Arthur Way is an American singer, songwriter, and comic book writer. He is best known as the lead vocalist and co-founder of the rock band My Chemical Romance. He released his debut solo album, Hesitant Alien, in 2014. Way is the co-founder of DC Comics’ Young Animal imprint.
Gerard Way Quotes
1.One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it’s worth watching
2. Be yourself, don’t take anything from anyone, and never let them take you alive.
3. If you look in the mirror and don’t like what you see, you can find out first hand what it’s like to be me.
4. Sometimes you have to kind of die inside in order to rise from your own ashes and believe in yourself and love yourself to become a new person.
5. Hey, girls, you’re beautiful. Don’t look at those stupid magazines with sticklike models. Eat healthy and exercise. That’s all. Don’t let anyone tell you you’re not good enough. You’re good enough, you are too good. Love your family with all your heart and listen to it. You are gorgeous, whether you’re a size 4 or 14. It doesn’t matter what you look like on the outside, as long as you’re a good person, as long as you respect others. I know it’s been told hundreds of times before, but it’s true. Hey, girls, you are beautiful.
6. If for one minute you think you’re better than a sixteen year old girl in a Green Day t-shirt, you are sorely mistaken. Remember the first time you went to a show and saw your favorite band. You wore their shirt, and sang every word. You didn’t know anything about scene politics, haircuts, or what was cool. All you knew was that this music made you feel different from anyone you shared a locker with. Someone finally understood you. This is what music is about.
7. Heroes are ordinary people who make themselves extraordinary.
8. I’m not psycho…I just like psychotic things.
9. Would you destroy Something perfect in order to make it beautiful?
10. There was a moment in my life when I really wanted to kill myself. And there was one other moment when I was close to that. . . . But even in my most jaded times, I had some hope.
11. Being happy doesn’t mean that everything is perfect. It means that you’ve decided to look beyond the imperfections.
12. I was more addicted to self destruction then to the drugs themselves … something very romantic about it.
13. This shit is easy peasy, pumpkin peasy, pumpkin pie, muthafucka!
14. So many people treat you like you’re a kid so you might as well act like one and throw your television out of the hotel window.
15. Oh how wrong we were to think immortality meant never dying
16. Suicide is a serious thing. And if you know anyone who is suicidal, you need to get them help. No one should be in pain. Everyone should love themselves. Like I love you all.
17. Suicide is a serious thing. And if you know anyone who is suicidal, you need to get them help. No one should be in pain. Everyone should love themselves. Like I love you all.
18. Give me a shot to remember
And you can take all the pain away from me
A kiss and I will surrender
The sharpest lives are the deadliest to lead
A light to burn all the empires
So bright the sun is ashamed to rise and be
And I’m in love with all of those vampires
So you can leave like the sane abandoned me
19. Tears are words the heart can’t express
20. Never forget how beautiful you are.
21. Making a record is a lot like surgery without an anesthetic. You first have to cut yourself up the middle. Then you have to rip out every single organ, every single part and lay them on a table. You then need to examine the parts, and the reality of the situation hits you. You find yourself saying things like “I didn’t know that part was so ugly.” Or “I better get a professional opinion about that.” You go to bed hollow and then back into the operating room the next day. . .facing every fear, every disgusting thing you hate about yourself. Then you pop it all back in, sew yourself shut and perform. . . you perform like your life depended on it—-and in those perfect moments you find beauty you never knew existed. You find yourself and you friends all over again, you find something to fight for, something to love. Something to show the world.
22. I want to be a vampire. They’re the coolest monsters.
23. I’m not drunk, just a little stoned.
24. So people keep asking me what this badge is for… this badge makes me the sheriff, the sheriff of Emo town, so get your straight irons and eyeliner ready!
25. Are you on our side…and want to be different, or are you on that side and want to throw a football at my head!?
26. Look at me, with my pretty bracelet and tiara… I’m a f****n’ princess!
27. None. I think we should send a country some cupcakes. You think some cupcakes would cheer up North Korea? Kill ’em with deliciousness.
28. Life is but a dream for the dead.
29. no matter how ugly the world gets or how stupid it shows me it is, I always have faith
30. Everyone back the fuck up! I am not that pretty!
31. I’d rather be a creature of the night than an old dude.
32. I went to school in drag, in art school and my day was completely different because everybody thought I was a chick. You should see me as a chick. So I went as a girl, as like an experiment and it worked really well and everyone was really nice to me but I couldn’t talk obviously…you know train conductors were really cool to me on my commute…HA! I looked hot as a chick!
33. The Devil got landed with a shitty job, he has to deal with assholes everyday, he’s probably bored as hell.
34. Well my gun fires seven different shades of shit, so what’s your favorite color, punk?
35. What I like about The Sims is that I don’t have a normal life at all, so I play this game where these people have these really boring, mundane lives. It’s fun. My Sims family is called the Cholly family. I don’t know why I picked that name; it’s kind of random. The teenage daughter is my favourite, because I just had her go through this Goth phase. She’s really kind of nerdy and she just became a concert violinist, which is pretty huge for the family. And she got into private school. But she started wearing black lipstick and she dyed her hair purple. It’s pretty huge.
36. Let’s have a day in the life of Gerard.”
Going to get coffee! Going to get coffee!’ That’s all it would be.
37. I am not afraid to keep on living. I am not afraid to walk this world alone. Honey if you stay you’ll be forgiven, nothing you can say will set me going home.
38. Yeah, obviously we use vampires as a metaphor for something else, something deeper than just the supernatural. But there’s just something about the bloodsucking walking dead, that can say so much to people. There are really so many people trying to get control over you on a daily basis and steal your soul in some way, take a part of you..
39. So how was Christmas for you guys? Did you all get lots of nice black t-shirts?
40. I’ve gotta get out of the basement. I’ve gotta see the world. I’ve gotta make a difference
41. It reminded me of a meat grinder. From when I was a kid. Going to school it felt like you were in a meat grinder. It chews you up and pours out this mess that can’t function
42. Can I be your only hope? Because your the only hope for me.
43. Cigarettes and coffee: an alcoholic’s best friend!
44. You’re going to come across a lot of shitty band, and a lot of shitty people. And if anyone of those people call you names beacause of what you look like or they don’t accept you for who you are, I want you to look right at that motherf*****, stick up your middle finger, and scream F*** YOU!
45. It erases everything I hate about myself. Nothing can hurt me. I feel completely invincible. I feel like everyone else on that stage is invincible and we’re capable of anything. There’s no stopping us.
46. It’s for the hamster that I’m gonna buy! This is so perfect!
(after opening a hamster wheel at Christmas)
47. All your quirks and all your problems – even your depressions and your failures – that’s what makes you you.
48. It tastes like somebody stole my wallet. Ya know?
49. I’m just a man, not a hero. just a boy, who wants to sing this song.
50. You just go with your gut instinct, because your gut is smarter than your heart.
51. I learned that the world doesn’t want to be saved, and it will fucking punch you in the face if you try.
52. I Just Got So Emo That I Just Fell Apart!!
53. Im okay Im okay now.
But you really need to listen to me
’cause im telling you the truth
I mean this im okay
Im not okay
…Well okay im not okay.
Im not o-f cking-kay
54. Stay beautiful, keep it ugly
55. Craziest thing that ever happened to me was being attacked by a black bird. It pecked the shit out of my head. We were at this hotel called The Phoenix in San Francisco. We were leaving to go to a show the next morning and the bird just fuckin’ attacked my head. And the next day Slipknot were there, they were coming in as we were leaving, and they got attacked by birds too
56. It’s important to keep up momentum, when I’m home alone I get stagnant, I go crazy and have to see my therapist. Being on the road keeps me busy. I’m okay when I’m busy.
57. Say what you want but you NEVER say it with violence!
58. Who wouldn’t want to catch a guy in a bear suit?
59. Were not a festival band, playing during the day was something we had to get over, I was like uhh this sun stuff kind of sucks
60. You need just the right amount of ‘Fuck the world’ and the right amount of belief in something…and you need the right amount of love.