Dale Carnegie Quotes
1. It isn’t what you have or who you are or where you are or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about it.
2. Don’t be afraid of enemies who attack you. Be afraid of the friends who flatter you.
3. Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success.
4. You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you.
5. Any fool can criticize, complain, and condemn—and most fools do. But it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving.
6. When dealing with people, remember you are not dealing with creatures of logic, but with creatures bristling with prejudice and motivated by pride and vanity.
7. Success is getting what you want.. Happiness is wanting what you get
8. Everybody in the world is seeking happiness—and there is one sure way to find it. That is by controlling your thoughts. Happiness doesn’t depend on outward conditions. It depends on inner conditions.
9. Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.
10. When we hate our enemies, we are giving them power over us: power over our sleep, our appetites, our blood pressure, our health, and our happiness.
11. People rarely succeed unless they have fun in what they are doing.
12. Remember, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.
13. Talk to someone about themselves and they’ll listen for hours.
14. If you are not in the process of becoming the person you want to be, you are automatically engaged in becoming the person you don’t want to be.
15. Even god doesn’t propose to judge a man till his last days, why should you and I?
16. Be wiser than other people if you can; but do not tell them so.
17. Actions speak louder than words, and a smile says, ‘I like you. You make me happy. I am glad to see you.
18. Our thoughts make us what we are.
19. Knowledge isn’t power until it is applied.
20. It isn’t what you have, or who you are, or where you are, or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about.
21. When dealing with people, let us remember we are not dealing with creatures of logic. We are dealing with creatures of emotion, creatures bristling with prejudices and motivated by pride and vanity.
22. No matter what happens, always be yourself.
23. Nothing can bring you peace but yourself.
24. Personally I am very fond of strawberries and cream, but I have found that for some strange reason, fish prefer worms. So when I went fishing, I didn’t think about what I wanted. I thought about what they wanted. I didn’t bait the hook with strawberries and cream. Rather, I dangled a worm or grasshopper in front of the fish and said: “Wouldn’t you like to have that?
25. You can conquer almost any fear if you will only make up your mind to do so. For remember, fear doesn’t exist anywhere except in the mind.
26. If you can’t sleep, then get up and do something instead of lying there and worrying. It’s the worry that gets you, not the loss of sleep.
27. Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation, for your character is what you are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.
28. One reason why birds and horses are not unhappy is because they are not trying to impress other birds and horses.
29. One of the tragic things I know about human nature is that all of us tend to put off living. We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon – instead of enjoying the roses that are blooming outside our windows today.
30. A man convinced against his will Is of the same opinion still
31. You can’t win an argument. You can’t because if you lose it, you lose it; and if you win it, you lose it.
32. Remember, happiness doesn’t depend upon who you are or what you have, it depends solely upon what you think.
33. The difference between appreciation and flattery? That is simple. One is sincere and the other insincere. One comes from the heart out; the other from the teeth out. One is unselfish; the other selfish. One is universally admired; the other universally condemned.
34. To be interesting, be interested.
35. Let’s not allow ourselves to be upset by small things we should despise and forget. Remember “Life is too short to be little”.
36. Names are the sweetest and most important sound in any language.
37. I have come to the conclusion that there is only one way under high heaven to get the best of an argument— and that is to avoid it. Avoid it as you would avoid rattlesnakes and earthquakes.
38. If You Want to Gather Honey, Don’t Kick Over the Beehive
39. Always have something to say. The man who has something to say and who is known never to speak unless he has, is sure to be listened to.
40. Our fatigue is often caused not by work, but by worry, frustration and resentment.
41. Today is our most precious possession. It is our only sure possession.
42. you can measure the size of a person by what makes him or her angry
43. All men have fears, but the brave put down their fears and go forward, sometimes to death, but always to victory.
44. Why talk about what we want? That is childish. Absurd. Of course, you are interested in what you want. You are eternally interested in it. But no one else is. The rest of us are just like you: we are interested in what we want.
45. You can sing only what you are. You can paint only what you are. You must be what your experiences, your environment, and your heredity have made you. For better or for worse, you must play your own little instrument in the orchestra of life.
46. criticism is dangerous, because it wounds a person’s precious pride, hurt his sense of importace and arouse resentment.
47. Instead of condemning people, let’s try to understand them. Let’s try to figure out why they do what they do. That’s a lot more profitable and intriguing than criticism; and it breeds sympathy, tolerance and kindness. “To know all is to forgive all.
48. If some people are so hungry for a feeling of importance that they actually go insane to get it, imagine what miracle you and I can achieve by giving people honest appreciation this side of insanity.
49. Don’t be afraid to give your best to what seemingly are small jobs. Every time you conquer one it makes you that much stronger. If you do the little jobs well, the big ones will tend to take care of themselves.
50. By fighting you never get enough, but by yielding you get more than you expected.
51. When fate hands you lemons, make lemonade.
52. Remember, happiness doesn’t depend upon who you are or what you have; it depends solely upon what you think. So start each day by thinking of all the things you have to be thankful for. Your future will depend very largely on the thoughts you think today. So think thoughts of hope and confidence and love and success.
53. You’ll never achieve real success unless you like what you’re doing.
54. Nobody kicks a dead dog
55. Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.
56. Only knowledge that is used sticks in your mind.
57. If you argue and rankle and contradict, you may achieve a victory sometimes; but it will be an empty victory because you will never get your opponent’s good will.
58. We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon instead of enjoying the roses blooming outside our windows today
59. arouse in the other person an eager want. He who can do this has the whole world with him. He who cannot walks a lonely way.
60. A barber lathers a man before he shaves him.