1. When marrying, ask yourself this question: Do you believe that you will be able to converse well with this person into your old age? Everything else in marriage is transitory.
2. As much as I converse with sages and heroes, they have very little of my love and admiration. I long for rural and domestic scene, for the warbling of birds and the prattling of my children.
3. I never desire to converse with a man who has written more than he has read.
4. It is said that desire is a product of the will, but the converse is in fact true: will is a product of desire.
5. It is not, of course, complete yet – but some sentences were understood this afternoon… I feel that I have at last struck the solution of a great problem – and the day is coming when telegraph wires will be laid onto houses just like water or gas – and friends converse with each other without leaving home.
6. We judge on the basis of what somebody looks like, skin color, whether we
think they’re beautiful or not. That space on the Internet allows you to converse with somebody with none of those things involved.
7. An American cannot converse, but he can discuss, and his talk falls into a dissertation. He speaks to you as if he was addressing a meeting; and if he should chance to become warm in the discussion, he will say ‘Gentlemen’ to the person with whom he is conversing.
8. Good manners is the art of making those people easy with whom we converse. Whoever makes the fewest people uneasy is the best bred in the room.
9. Musicians like to converse. There’s always interesting conversation with musicians – with classical musicians, with jazz musicians, musicians in general.
10. For my own part, I have been wont to converse with poverty; and however disagreeable a companion she may be thought to be by the affluent and luxurious, who were never acquainted with her, I can live happily with her the remainder of my life if I can thereby contribute to the redemption of my country.
11. However greatly we distrust the sincerity of those we converse with, yet still we think they tell more truth to us than to anyone else.
12. Many a man owes his advancement very largely to his ability to converse well. The ability to interest people in your conversation, to hold them, is a great power.
13. It has been my privilege on various occasions to converse with presidents of the United States and important men in other governments. At the close of each such occasion, I have reflected on the rewarding experience of standing with confidence in the presence of an acknowledged leader.
14. Religion is the most important of all things: the great point of discrimination that divides the man from the brute. It is our special prerogative that we can converse with that which we cannot see and believe in that the existence of which is reported to us by none of our senses.
15. Every man becomes, to a certain degree, what the people he generally converses with are.
16. A king is always a king – and a woman always a woman: his authority and her sex ever stand between them and rational converse.
17. God is a spirit and converses with us in a quiet atmosphere because our minds are not capable of listening to his voice when they are filled with noise and confusion.
18. Nike Air Zooms are what I usually run in. In the kitchen, I wear a beaten-up pair of Converse All-Stars in winter and Keds in summer.
19. My perfect guy wears converse, is totally laid back, and doesn’t worry about being cool.
20. Most of my hobbies involve athletics and outdoor activities. I’m willing to learn about anything and converse and pick people’s brains, and I ask people to do the same. I’m into learning anything new and trying new stuff.
21. Flannel shirts, denim, Converse, a guitar, messy hair? That’s literally me.
22. Who ever converses among old books will be hard to please among the new.
23.Because it equates tradition with prejudice, the left finds itself increasingly unable to converse with ordinary people in their common language.
24.President Kennedy said that those who make peaceful revolution impossible make violent revolution inevitable. I would say that the converse is true.
25. One of the hallmarks of higher education and of democracy is the ability to converse with people with whom we disagree.
26. I always pack lots of loose linen shirts and denim cut offs, Converse, vintage Reformation sun dresses, gold jewellery, and statement shades. Plus a trunk full of swimwear, of course.
27. I went to high schools in four different countries. The gift is that you can constantly reinvent yourself. I still feel that freedom. One day, I’ll wear a dress I got in India; the next, Converse sneakers and jeans.
28. ‘Buguri’ is a romantic film, and I play Ganesh’s love interest. Initially, I had just hoped to do one Kannada film since I’m a Kannadiga. Now, I’m even learning to converse in Kannada.
29. I have a particular pair of boyfriend jeans that I wear with Converse sneakers and, really, any kind of top, from a crop top to a hoodie. I usually go for a loose top or jacket to keep things casual with sort of a streetwear vibe.
30. I would like to sit down with Oprah, just because I’d like to talk to her. I want to sit down and, like, converse. Like, ‘Honey, let’s chat!’
31. When I’m not working, you’ll find me down the play park or on the Tube with my Converse on and a muslin cloth in my hand, wiping my boy’s snotty nose.
32. For the red carpet, I like a platform heel, but for everyday, it’s mostly Converse high-tops or booties with black tights.
33. I’m sort of a reverse Method actor. In my personal life, I become my characters. After ‘One Tree Hill’, I started dressing in Converse and ripped jeans and hoodies. On ‘Awkward’, it manifests in how I speak.
34. I love good old-fashioned black or white Converse. I have a few pairs. And they are all really dirty. I can’t have clean Converse – I go in the dirt and run around!
35. The footballers’ wives I know, they’re teachers, midwives. They want to do something useful. One is working at my son’s nursery, on her hands and knees, in Converse and jeans, teaching kids to count.
36. On a casual day, I’d usually pull out my vintage Levi’s, a pair of loafers or beat-up Converse, a bomber jacket, and a button-down shirt.
37. Dozens of Democrats appear on Fox News each month. If it were not worth their time and energy to debate, converse and display their experience and governing styles to millions of voters who happen to watch Fox News, wouldn’t they all just line up at others’ broadcast booths on Capitol Hill?
38. You can’t converse with Alzheimer’s sufferers in the way you do with others; the dialogue tends to go round in circles.
39. You have to interpret what’s hot to make it work on yourself. If tweed suits are in, but you’re not a suit kind of girl, wear the jacket with jeans and a pair of Converses.
40. Our brands – Nike, Converse, Jordan Brand and Hurley – are loved by customers all over the world. But we never take that for granted; we know that every day we have to earn their trust – by serving them completely and adding real value to their lives through products and experiences.
41. CIOs have earned a strategic seat at the table, but now they’ve got to hold that seat – and the only way they can do that is to converse in the language of business value and business benefits and business outcomes that all align perfectly with the strategic agenda of the company.
42. I was into this one guy that was like, punk and cool and rock ‘n roll. So I went out and bought black high top Converse.
43. If I want to put on a pair of Converse with a pencil stuck through them, I will.
44. I’m one of those girls that, day-to-day, I’m in trainers or Converse. I have about
50 pairs of trainers, so when I get the chance to dress up, I will definitely be in heels. 100 percent. I might take some battered Converse in my bag to wear at the after-party when my feet are tired.
45. I can never tell what I’m gonna wear. I kind of just put on whatever feels right. Sometimes that’s Converse and a T-shirt, sometimes it’s Givenchy heels and leather pants.
46. I wear anything I feel like. If I want to put on a pair of Converse with a pencil stuck through them, I will.
47. I could never muster the courage to speak to girls in my college in Pune. Most of them were Parsis and spoke English. I came from a village and could barely converse in English.
48. I love wearing Converse or Vans and wear a lot of bombers or denim jackets. I’m also a bit of loser, so wear a lot of film and band T-shirts. My friends say that I look like a cartoon character because I’m always wearing the same kind of stuff.
49. My style when I was 17 was very low-key with jeans, T-shirts, and Converse. I was signed to a major record label by then, so I had stylists helping me.
50. Even quicker than the development of super-technology is the human adaptation to taking it for granted. We live in a world where regular people converse publicly with an inanimate object and escape Bedlam or a dunking.
51. Of the many forms of false culture, a premature converse with abstractions is perhaps the most likely to prove fatal to the growth of a masculine vigour of intellect.
52. In order to make a film, you have to operate on many different levels, making all these different forms of expression converse, and so I just followed that intuition.
53. I feel most comfortable in an old pair of jeans, Converse, and a man’s jersey. My best friend cuts my hair with kitchen scissors.
54. My style is edgy but really put together. I’m not the kind of girl to walk out of the house in booty shorts and a crop top and Converse. I don’t like that look.
55. I’ve always thought that when they say ignorance is bliss, the converse to that is that knowledge is hell. The more you know, the bleaker things can get.
56. When I was in high school, I remember, on my Converse sneakers, on one side, I had written ‘Social Distortion,’ and on the other side, I had written ‘Guns N’ Roses.’
57. I hate short hair on men – the ‘real’ man is something I don’t know. My dad was always playing with hairbands, making rings, while the women were wearing jeans, white T-shirts and Converse. That was the uniform at home.
58. My style during the day is very casual – boyfriend jeans, T-shirts, Converse, Uggs, whatever. At night, I love heels and thigh-highs, I like something fresh and new, and I’m not afraid to push the envelope.
59. Converse with men makes sharp the glittering wit, but God to man doth speak in solitude.
60. I always wear a pair of colored jeans and fun boots. I have a really cute pair of stars-and-stripes Converse, and I love wearing all my bright Nike shoes.