1. What you are is God’s gift to you, what you become is your gift to God.
2. God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him
3. Rejection is an opportunity for your selection.
4. Faith does not eliminate questions. But faith knows where to take them.
5. Radical obedience to Christ is not easy… It’s not comfort, not health, not wealth, and not prosperity in this world. Radical obedience to Christ risks losing all these things. But in the end, such risk finds its reward in Christ. And he is more than enough for us.
6. The only expenditure, and all its outworkings, for which God can be held to be responsible is that which He directs.
7. We may speak about a place where there are no tears, no death, no fear, no night; but those are just the benefits of heaven. The beauty of heaven is seeing God.
8. We need never shout across the spaces to an absent God. He is nearer than our own soul, closer than our most secret thoughts
9. The Christian shoemaker does his duty not by putting little crosses on the shoes, but by making good shoes, because God is interested in good craftsmanship.
10. True faith means holding nothing back. It means putting every hope in God’s fidelity to His Promises.
11. Worrying is arrogant because God knows what He’s doing.
12. He said “Love…as I have loved you.” We cannot love too much.
13. If you are too busy to pray, you are busier than God wants you to be.
14. Satan is so much more in earnest than we are–he buys up the opportunity while we are wondering how much it will cost.
15. Jesus tends to his people individually. He personally sees to our needs. We all receive Jesus’ touch. We experience his care.
16. A sum can be put right: but only by going back till you find the error and working it afresh from that point, never by simply going on.
17. And then, just as quickly, the clouds returned, leaving us to walk by faith, not by sight.
18. The Christians are right: it is Pride which has been the chief cause of misery in every nation and every family since the world began.
19. The love of Christ always helps us see beyond the faults of others.
20. Unconditional love is an illogical notion, but such a great and powerful one.
21. I have never met the man I could despair of after discerning what lies in me apart from the grace of God.
22. We fail in the work of grace and love when there is too much of us and not enough of God.
23. Focus on giants – you stumble.
Focus on God – Giants tumble.
24. As long as you do things for God, you are a Hall of Famer in heaven’s list.
25. Sex is not about genitalia. It’s about relationship. When God said ‘the two shall become one flesh,’ he didn’t mean it only physically.
26. Be not forgetful to entertain strangers; for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.
27. What the world neglects, the Lord accepts.
29. More important than starting well in our walk with God is to finish well.
30. Worry is the darkroom in which negatives can develop.
31. If God would concede me His omnipotence for 24 hours, you would see how many changes I would make in the world. But if He gave me His wisdom too, I would leave things as they are.
32. Worry about tomorrow steals the joy from today.
33. God wants the whole person and He will not rest till He gets us in entirety. No part of the man will do” (101) – “The Pursuit of God
34. Always, everywhere God is present, and always He seeks to discover Himself to each one
35. We fear men so much, because we fear God so little.
36. Remember as you go about your day that you may be the only Jesus some of your friends, neighbors, and family will ever see.
37. Our expectation in ourselves must be higher than our expectation in others.
38. Experience had quickly taught her that she could not survive the storms without the anchor of the constraining love of Christ and what she called the “Rock-counsciousness” of the promise given her, “He goeth before.
39. Oh, will you pray? Stop now and pray, lest desire turn to feeling and feeling evaporate.
40. All life is bound to a simple truth… that time goes on, that in each person’s life begins a tale, a tale that will either end in memory or in legend.
41. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
42. If you can see it, you can achieve it. God helps those who helps themselves. Power is in the act of humility.
43. One day you will wonder what was so important that you put off doing the most important things. ‘Someday’ can be a thief in the night.
44. Only hardship softens the hardness of the human heart.
45. True sacrifice is merely self-control.
46. If you obey God with your whole heart, you’ll usually scare off the folks who want you to obey them.
47. The need itself is not the call.
48. When you make the dream of your heart a treasure of heaven, it holds an eternal value.
49. God hears your every thought, whether you dress it up with ‘Thee’ and ‘Thou’ or not.
50. It is ignorance or at least lack of consideration of heavenly things that make the temporal things of this world, whether good or evil, greater than they really are.
51. Giving from the heart is supernatural, it manifests into blessings.
52. I’m holding up, Lord willing and the creek don’t rise.
53. At least at times of loss, we are reminded of our priorities, of our many blessings. In times of gain, we can so often lose our way.
54. I am also praying for you, my beloved partner. God has a miracle breakthrough for your life.
55. We may have done what the devil said we did, but we are NOT who the devil says we are!
56. Music originated from God and was created solely for his worship, his glory, and his pleasure.
57. The point of your life is to point to Him. Whatever you are doing, God wants to be glorified, because this whole thing is His.
58. One thing is needful; to know and abide in the Lord Jesus Christ.
59. Kindness begins in the heart of a willing mind.
60. Doesn’t the expansiveness of this make you think of the good Lord? Except we know the ocean ends while He goes on forever.