Charlie Chaplin Quotes
1. Life is a beautiful magnificent thing, even to a jellyfish.
2. You’ll never find a rainbow if you’re looking down
3. I always like walking in the rain, so no one can see me crying.
4. Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles.
5. A man’s true character comes out when he’s drunk.
6. We think too much and feel too little.
7. You’ll find that life is still worthwhile, if you just smile.
8. Your naked body should only belong to those who fall in love with your naked soul.
9. My pain may be the reason for somebody’s laugh. But my laugh must never be the reason for somebody’s pain.
10. Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself
11. To truly laugh, you must be able to take your pain, and play with it.
12. Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot.
13. Imagination means nothing without doing.
14. Perfect love is the most beautiful of all frustrations because it is more than one can express.
15. What do you want meaning for? Life is desire, not meaning.
16. Like everyone else I am what I am: an individual, unique and different, with a lineal history of ancestral promptings and urgings; a history of dreams, desires, and of special experiences, all of which I am the sum total.
17. Life can be wonderful if you’re not afraid of it. All it takes is courage, imagination … and a little dough
18. We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery, we need humanity; more than cleverness, we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost.
19. That’s the trouble with the world. We all despise ourselves.
20. I remain just one thing, and one thing only, and that is a clown. It places me on a far higher plane than any politician
21. Life could be wonderful if people would leave you alone
22. In the end, everything is a gag.
23. Life is a play that does not allow testing. So, sing, cry, dance, laugh and live intensely, before the curtain closes and the piece ends with no applause.
24. Machine men, with machine minds and machine hearts! You are not machines, you are not cattle, you are men! You have the love of humanity in your hearts. You don’t hate: only the unloved hate, the unloved and the unnatural. Soldiers, don’t fight for slavery, fight for liberty! You the people have the power, the power to create machines, the power to create happiness! You the people have the power to make this life free and beautiful, to make this life a wonderful adventure! Then, in the name of democracy, let us use that power. Let us all unite! Let us fight for a new world, a decent world . . .
25. Words are cheap. The biggest thing you can say is ‘elephant’.
26. In the light of our egos, we are all dethroned monarchs
27. Despair is a narcotic. It lulls the mind into indifference.
28. The mirror is my best friend because when I cry it never laughs.
29. I do not have much patience with a thing of beauty that must be explained to be understood. If it does need additional interpretation by someone other than the creator, then I question whether it has fulfilled its purpose.
30. Actors search for rejection. If they don’t get it they reject themselves.
31. I suppose that’s one of the ironies of life doing the wrong thing at the right moment.
32. I always like walking in the rain, so no one can see me crying.
33. More than cleverness, we need kindness and gentleness
34. All I need to make a comedy is a park, a policeman, and a pretty girl.
35. A day without laughing is a day wasted
36. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself.
37. A tramp, a gentleman, a poet, a dreamer, a lonely fellow, always hopeful of romance and adventure.
38. I believe in the power of laughter and tears as an antidote to hatred and terror
39. I don’t think the real America is in New York or on the Pacific Coast; personally, I like the Middle West much better, places like North and South Dakota, Minneapolis and Saint Paul. There, I think, are the true Americans
40. I have no further use for America. I wouldn’t go back there if Jesus Christ was President.
41. Je n’ai pas besoin d’être réconcilié avec Dieu, mon conflit est avec les hommes.
42. In the creation of comedy, it is paradoxical that tragedy stimulates the spirit of ridicule; because ridicule, I suppose is an attitude of defiance: we must laugh in the face of our helplessness against the forces of nature – or go insane
43. Think about yourself at least once in your life otherwise you may miss the best comedy in this world.
44. I like to walk in rain, so that nobody can see my tears.
45. In this desperate way, I started many a comedy.
46. From such trivia, I believe my soul was born.
47. Simplicity is not a simple thing.
48. A vida é uma peça de teatro que não permite ensaios. Por isso, cante, chore, dance, ria e viva intensamente, antes que a cortina se feche e a peça termine sem aplausos
49. Guarda il cielo. Non troverai mai un arcobaleno se stai guardando per terra.
Look up to the sky. You’ll never find rainbows if you’re looking down.
50. Movies are a fad. Audiences really want to see live actors on a stage.
51. There are more valid facts and details in works of art than there are in history books.
52. my lips never know my problem they just always smile
53. I have many problems in my life. But my lips don’t know that”. They just keep smiling.
54. A day without laughing is a day wasted.
55. The way of life can be free and beautiful. But we have lost the way.
56. The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.
57. After all, there are more valid facts and details in works of art than there are in history books.
58. I do not need drugs to be a genius, do not take a genius to be human, but I need your smile to be happy.
59. Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles
60. we must laugh in the face of our helplessness against the forces of nature – or go insane.