Quotes About Changing The World
1. They were all brilliant. They wrote books and painted pictures, and if they ever stopped talking, which I was sure they would never do, they planned to change the world.
2. The most fatal thing a man can do is try to stand alone.
3. There’s always a story. It’s all stories, really. The sun coming up every day is a story. Everything’s got a story in it. Change the story, change the world.
4. Everyone must leave something behind when he dies . . . Something your hand touched some way so your soul has somewhere to go when you die . . . It doesn’t matter what you do, so long as you change something from the way it was before you touched it into something that’s like you after you take your hands away.
5. Love people who hate you. Pray for people who have wronged you. It won’t just change their life…it’ll change yours.
6. Didn’t they realize that the only way to change things was to act?
7. If you want to change a whole people, then you start with the girls. It stands to reason: they learn faster, and they pass on what they learn to their children.
8. You can’t change how other people think and act, but you’re in full control of you. When it comes down to it, the only question that matters is this: If nothing in the world ever changes, what type of man are you gonna be?
9. You are here in order to enable the world to live more amply, with greater vision, with a finer spirit of hope and achievement. You are here to enrich the world.
10. To really change the world, we have to help people change the way they see things. Global betterment is a mental process, not one that requires huge sums of money or a high level of authority. Change has to be psychological. So if you want to see real change, stay persistent in educating humanity on how similar we all are than different. Don’t only strive to be the change you want to see in the world, but also help all those around you see the world through commonalities of the heart so that they would want to change with you. This is how humanity will evolve to become better. This is how you can change the world. The language of the heart is mankind’s main common language.
11. One smile has the power to…
Soften stone walls.
Warm a cold heart.
Invite a new friend.
Mimic a loving hug.
Beautify the bearer.
Lighten heavy loads.
Promote good deeds.
Brighten a gloomy day.
Comfort a grieving spirit.
Offer hope to the forlorn.
Send a message of caring.
Lift the downtrodden soul.
Patch up invisible wounds.
Weaken the hold of misery.
Act as medicine for suffering.
Attract the companionship of angels.
Fulfill the human need for recognition.
Who knew changing the world would prove so simple?
12. I have never been especially impressed by the heroics of people convinced they are about to change the world. I am more awed by those who struggle to make one small difference.
13. The only people who can change the world are people who want to. And not everybody does.
14. Everything is within your power,
and your power is within you.
15. You can change the world again, instead of protecting yourself from it.
16. Since that day there is nothing anyone could ever say to convince me that one person cannot change a nation. One person can do unbelievable things. All it takes is that one person who’s willing to risk everything to make it happen.
17. Status quos are made to be broken.
18. If we change our thoughts from ‘it’s too late’ to, ‘there’s still hope’, we might see some change in the world.
19. I don’t know what happens to our consciousness when we’re unwound,” says Connor. “I don’t even know when that consciousness starts. But I do know this.” He pauses to make sure all of them are listening. “We have a right to our lives!”
The kids go wild.
“We have a right to choose what happens to our bodies!”
The cheers reach fever pitch.
“We deserve a world where both those things are possible— and it’s our job to help make that world.
20. He was safe for the moment, here in the playground, but people all over the world were suffering, starving, fleeing, killing one another as they waged their wars. How much energy they put into harming one another. How little into saving. Would it ever change? What would it take to make it change? He thought of Luxa’s hand pressed into Ripred’s paw. That’s what it would take. People rejecting war. Not one or two, but all of them. Saying it was an unacceptable way to solve their differences. By the look of things, the human race had a lot of evolving to do before that happened. Maybe it was impossible. But maybe it wasn’t. Like Vikus said, nothing would happen unless you hoped it could. If you had hope, maybe you could find the way to make things change. Because if you thought about it, there were so many reasons to try.
21. Youngsters want to change world. Elders want to enjoy their works.
The entrepreneur sells anything needed by both to win their desires.
22. All stories have a curious and even dangerous power. They are manifestations of truth — yours and mine. And truth is all at once the most wonderful yet terrifying thing in the world, which makes it nearly impossible to handle. It is such a great responsibility that it’s best not to tell a story at all unless you know you can do it right. You must be very careful, or without knowing it you can change the world.
23. Do you want to change the world?
Then change yourself first.
Do you want to change yourself?
Then remain completely silent inside the silence-sea.
24. The world is changed not by the self-regarding, but by men and women prepared to make fools of themselves.
25. You take this world and make it what it should be. And don’t let the beliefs of a backward system define you. You are the one who has to live with the future, baby girl. So you live it. You understand?
26. A small change can make a big difference. You are the only one who can make our world a better place to inhabit. So, don’t be afraid to take a stand .
27. A few people of integrity can go a long way.
28. Human potential is amazing…We have the capacity to create a world that is peaceful…one that spreads kindness and love rather than hatred. If we believe it to be so, it will be our truth, and we will create it.
29. We can change our own life and ultimately change the world.
30. You can’t make footprints in the sands of time by sitting on your butt. And who wants to leave buttprints in the sands of time?
31. [C]ontinence is a very important part of yoga. If a handful of people come forward with strong wills, nothing is impossible. One Buddha changed half the globe; one Jesus, three quarters of the world. We all have that capacity. (140)
32. Now isn´t the time to change yourself to fit into the world… you should be changing the world to accept you. To let you exist as you are, without being cut open and damaged.
33. (About changing faith) At our best, Christians embrace it, leaving enough space within orthodoxy for God to surprise us every now and then.
34. But I do know this: no quest, no matter how easy or hard, is ever accomplished without first the will to see it done. So, you have the will, and where there is a will, there is a way.
35. One day u will be the message…a message for those who still alive…
36. One human can change the course of human history – all it takes is the right idea, at the right time, in the right place. And the right place is where you stand at present, the right time is right this very moment and the right idea is the one that defines your existence the best.
37. Silence in the face of injustice, is injustice in action.
38. We live in a time that’s too late. It’s too late. It’s too late to say that what doesn’t involve you personally, doesn’t bother you in your heart. It’s too late for that. You are either bothered, or you are a waste of oxygen on this planet. Be bothered. Be bothered by lots of things. Be bothered by many things. Let your heart shake from the things of this world that are too much or that are too little. We are not here to live a life unshaken.
39. Hope for a future … free from oppression and injustice, when a new humanity includes all peoples, languages, tribes, and nations—now exists in the realm of mystery. Only the mystics see and experience it in its fullness.
40. God lurks in the shadows of the palaces of power and privilege, waiting for activists to dismantle the very structures that lock society into the evil of institutionalized injustice and separation.
41. The seduction of whiteness and privilege is powerful. Whites can always return to a life of
42. The seduction of whiteness and privilege is powerful. Whites can always return to a life of privilege.
43. Reconciliation occurs between equals.
44. Reconciliation and social justice are two sides of the same coin.
45. The authenticity of any new society is built on the foundation of the ethics of that revolution.
46. Heroes don’t stand in line, they set out alone into the unknown and lines form behind them.
47. Change of a people starts with an individual.
48. They had to leave their mark somehow. Little had he known their mark dug up gold and blood.
49. Reconciliation: Our Greatest Challenge–Our Only Hope.
50. The future is now our past, but the past doesn’t have to be our future.
51. Having a good heart but no action is as meaningful as a bountiful orchard full of rotting apples.
52. Nothing will change outside until you change everything inside
53. Smiles are contagious.
Smiles can change the world.
Smiles reflect the Beauty of your soul.
Smiles can make someone’s day.
Spread the smiles.
54. Things change, when you see them.
55. One small virus is enough for me to change the world
56. “I close my eyes and pray
that the world will
But I know it isn’t
going to change
on its own, so I know
I must pray
for the courage to
bring it about.
57. Everyone says they want change. They want their lives to change, they want their nations to change, they want this whole world that we live in to change. And perhaps rightfully so. I respect that. But what everyone forgets is that change entails CHANGE. For anything to change, things must in fact CHANGE! Now, these very same people are hard pressed to make any drastic changes in their own minds and in their own ways and when you cannot make drastic changes in your own mind, you cannot make drastic changes in your community, city, state, nation, this world. Then nothing will ever change. Remember: in order for things to change, they must in fact CHANGE.
58. Broken people have an irresistible urge to try to ‘fix’ the world.
59. Change in the world begins with change in your neighborhood. And change in your neighborhood begins with change in you – a change from indifference to responsibility – a change from purpose-less survival to purpose-full living.
60. After seeing South America, my eyes were open to the suffering and injustices in the world. I wanted to keep exploring so I could do something to make the world better. I was on a quest to change the world; I for sure changed my own world.