1. I’m fed up to the ears with old men dreaming up wars for young men to die in.
2. You know how hard it is to feel like an extreme falcon-headed combat machine when somebody calls you “chicken man
3. Reason lost the battle, and all I could do was surrender and accept I was in love.
4. Everyone has their own ways of expression. I believe we all have a lot to say, but finding ways to say it is more than half the battle.
5. Right,” Sadie said. “And Set will just stand there calmly while I read him to death.
6. Always keep your foes confused. If they are never certain who you are or what you want, they cannot know what you are like to do next.
7. Where the battle rages, there the loyalty of the soldier is proved.
8. Sisters in battle, I am shield and blade to you. As I breathe, your enemies will know no sanctuary. While I live, your cause is mine.
9. But he understood at last what Dumbledore had been trying to tell him. It was, he thought, the difference between being dragged into the arena to face a battle to the death and walking into the arena with your head held high. Some people, perhaps, would say that there was little to choose between the two ways, but Dumbledore knew — and so do I, thought Harry, with a rush of fierce pride, and so did my parents — that there was all the difference in the world.
10. Every man should lose a battle in his youth, so he does not lose a war when he is old.
11. Unless one lives and loves in the trenches, it is difficult to remember that the war against dehumanization is ceaseless.
12. There will come a time in your life when you lose something that matters to you. You’ll fight for it and you won’t win. But what really matters isn’t the war you’re waging, it’s that you don’t lose the person you are in the midst of the battle.
13. You don’t get it, Clary. You don’t understand what it’s like to live always at war, to grow up with battle and sacrifice. I guess it’s not your fault. It’s just how you were brought up
14. Whats the difference between a king and his horse?I dont mean some kiddy shit like one has 4 legs and the other has 2, or ones a person and ones an animal. If their form, ability, and power is exactly the same, then why is it one becomes the king and controls the battle and the other one becomes the horse and carries the king? There’s only one answer…INSTINCT!!!
15. If you will not die for us, you cannot ask us to die for you.
16. If your enemy offers you two targets, strike at a third.
17. Life… For some it is battle for others its dance…For rich it is party for poor it is chance!
18. Some victories are merely defeat wearing the wrong clothing
19. Then he heard a terrible cry that pulled at his insides, that expressed agony of a kind that neither flame nor curse could cause, and he stood up, swaying, more frightened than he had been that day, more frightened, perhaps, than he had been in his whole life.
20. The most critical time in any battle is not when I’m fatigued, it’s when I no longer care.
21. Nice jewelry and a boys corpse. Oh you’re so pretty.
22. The day of battle dawned pink as the fresh-bitten thigh of a maiden.
23. It is for your own good to love a dare-devil rather than a holy coward. A dare-devil is a unique devil, battling your fears, your pains, conquering your uncertainties, carrying you his arms, and flying out of the corrosive fire. The coward is a trickster serpent, which vanishes in your time of despair, and appears in time of equanimity.
24. He ran as he’d never run before, with neither hope nor despair. He ran because the world was divided into opposites and his side had already been chosen for him, his only choice being whether or not to play his part with heart and courage. He ran because fate had placed him in a position of responsibility and he had accepted the burden. He ran because his self-respect required it. He ran because he loved his friends and this was the only thing he could do to end the madness that was killing and maiming them.
25. Wait, I got it. We, uh, won the battle and lost the war, or was it the other way around? ‘Cause around here, it’s hard to tell sometimes.
26. Fight on, brave knights! Man dies, but glory lives! Fight on; death is better than defeat! Fight on brave knights! for bright eyes behold your deeds!
27. Whenever we want to combat our enemies, first and foremost we must start by understanding them rather than exaggerating their motives.
28. It is a long-cherished tradition among a certain type of military thinker that huge casualties are the main thing. If they are on the other side then this is a valuable bonus.
29. You were born a winner, a warrior, one who defied the odds by surviving the most gruesome battle of them all – the race to the egg. And now that you are a giant, why do you even doubt victory against smaller numbers and wider margins? The only walls that exist are those you have placed in your mind. And whatever obstacles you conceive, exist only because you have forgotten what you have already achieved.
30. The rush of battle is often a potent and lethal addiction, for war is a drug.
31. By and large, the truth is not merely a fierce battle with ignorance and fallacy, but, first and foremost, a combat with our own preconceived ideas and aprioristic conceptions. (“The hidden sides of his character” )
32. In the art of war, if you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the approaching battles. But if you know only yourself and not the enemy, for every victory, there will also be defeat.
33. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Eph. 6:12 (NIV)
34. The biggest battle is the war against ignorance.
35. A battle is won by the side that is absolutely determined to win. Why did we lose the battle of Austerlitz? Our casualties were about the same as those of the French, but we had told ourselves early in the day that the battle was lost, so it was lost.
36. Browns seek knowledge, Blues meddle in causes, and Whites consider the questions of truth with implacable logic. We all do some of it all, of course. But to be Green means to stand ready. In the Trolloc Wars, we were often called the Battle Ajah. All Aes Sedai helped where and when they could, but the Green Ajah alone was always with the armies, in almost every battle. We were the counter to the dreadlords. The Battle Ajah. And now we stand ready, for the Trollocs to come south again, for Tarmon Gai’don. the Last Battle. We will be there. That is what it means to be Green.
37. Change back to your ugly self before I change your face for you,” Logan said, Silver Frost.
38. We’re supposed to strive for harmony, and that’s what the art of tea is supposed to accomplish… but harmony is very, very difficult to achieve in this country. Tea ceremony is powerless. But it’s also not such a bad thing either. You should enjoy it while you can.
39. A warrior fears the battle he missed. More than any fight he can make his own, he fears the fight that’s gone, that ended without him, that no feat of arms can change.
40. Come,’ he said, ‘come, we must see and act. Devils or no devils, or all the devils at once, it matters not; we fight him all the same.
41. It’s only a scratch, don’t cut my arm off!
42. And he smote the Balrog upon the mountainside.
43. Don’t worry know what you can’t change. rest when you can so you’ll be ready for tomorrows battle.
44. Remorse has no place in a warrior’s mind… A war is like a game of chess, Nicholaa. Every battle is like a well-thought-out move on the board. Once it begins, there shouldn’t be any emotion involved whatsoever.
45. Growing up, I always had a soldier mentality. As a kid I wanted to be a soldier, a fighter pilot, a covert agent, professions that require a great deal of bravery and risk and putting oneself in grave danger in order to complete the mission. Even though I did not become all those things, and unless my predisposition, in its youngest years, already had me leaning towards them, the interest that was there still shaped my philosophies. To this day I honor risk and sacrifice for the good of others – my views on life and love are heavily influenced by this.
46. The only way to efficiently battle evil is to copy enough to know how to counter each argument, yet not enough to believe all the bullshit.
47. One hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the most skillful, subduing the other’s military without battle is the most skillful.
48. Battle for the sake of honor may be a fine thing for bards to sing of, but it is no way to preserve one’s homeland
49. To us, it is incomprehensible that millions of Christian men killed and tortured each other because Napoleon was ambitious or Alexander was firm, or because England’s policy was astute or the Duke of Oldenburg was wronged. We cannot grasp what connection such circumstances have the with the actual fact of slaughter and violence: why because the Duke was wronged, thousands of men from the other side of Europe killed and ruined the people of Smolensk and Moscow and were killed by them.
50. All the trials we endure cannot be compared to these interior battles.
51. If the universe does consist of a battle between the devil and God, the final analysis should conclude that religion would have been the devil’s most brilliant move and science, God’s.
52. A soldier lives always for the next battle, because he knows that before it arrives impossible changes can occur in his favor.
53. Like a falling star, he descended on the Tarbh Cró, a Cassiline berserker, his sword biting and slashing like a silver snake.
54. Last of all Hurin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed; and it is sung that the axe smoked in the black blood of the troll-guard of Gothmog until it withered, and each time that he slew Hurin cried: ‘Aure entuluva! Day shall come again!’ Seventy times he uttered that cry; but they took him at last alive.
55. Today a great shot for freedom was heard. I think it stands a chance of being heard forever. It marls a turning point in the history of the Jewish people. The beginning of the return to a statues of dignity we have not known for two thousand years. Yes, today was the first step back. My battle is done. Now I turn the command over to the soldiers.
56. Insurgence and all forms of evil in a society doesn’t describes her as a failure, but vividly shows a lack of love for one another.
57. When the Wolf King carries the hammer, thus are the final days known. When the fox marries the raven, and the trumpets of battle are blown.
58. Kill every enemy twice, Wilky said. Better than gettin’ shot by a soldier pretending to be dead.
59. No singer would ever make a song about that battle. No maester would ever write down an account for one of the Reader’s beloved books. No banners flew, no warhorns moaned, no great lord called his men about him to hear his final ringing words. They fought in the predawn gloom, shadow against shadow, stumbling over roots and rocks, with mud and rotting leaves beneath their feet.
60. Humility and pride will forever battle whenever or wherever love is concerned