1. It’s far better to be unhappy alone than unhappy with someone — so far.
2. I had already found that it was not good to be alone, and so made companionship with what there was around me, sometimes with the universe and sometimes with my own insignificant self; but my books were always my friends, let fail all else.
3. Laugh and the world laughs with you, snore and you sleep alone.
4. I think it’s good for a person to spend time alone. It gives them an opportunity to discover who they are and to figure out why they are always alone.
5. I don’t want to be alone, I want to be left alone.
6. I have to be alone very often. I’d be quite happy if I spent from Saturday night until Monday morning alone in my apartment. That’s how I refuel.
7. No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.
8. It is an absolute human certainty that no one can know his own beauty or perceive a sense of his own worth until it has been reflected back to him in the mirror of another loving, caring human being.
9. Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don’t want to make eye contact while doing it.
10. And the danger is that in this move toward new horizons and far directions, that I may lose what I have now, and not find anything except loneliness.
11. i felt her absence. it was like waking up one day with no teeth in your mouth. you wouldn’t need to run to the mirror to know they were gone
12. Learn this now and learn it well. Like a compass facing north, a man’s accusing finger always finds a woman. Always. You remember that, Mariam.
13. One of the greatest regrets in life is being what others would want you to be, rather than being yourself.
14. If a man cannot understand the beauty of life, it is probably because life never understood the beauty in him.
15. Alone, I often fall down into nothingness. I must push my foot stealthily lest I should fall off the edge of the world into nothingness. I have to bang my head against some hard door to call myself back to the body.
16. if you wanted to do something absolutely honest, something true, it always turned out to be a thing that had to be done alone.
17. Sometimes life is too hard to be alone, and sometimes life is too good to be alone.
18. But she wasn’t around, and that’s the thing when your parents die, you feel like instead of going in to every fight with backup, you are going into every fight alone.
19. Pointing to another world will never stop vice among us; shedding light over this world can alone help us.
20. He succeeded in being considered totally uninteresting. People left him alone. And that was all he wanted.
21. The trouble is not really in being alone, it’s being lonely. One can be lonely in the midst of a crowd, don’t you think?
22. And if you couldn’t be loved, the next best thing was to be let alone.
23. I feel sorry for anyone who is in a place where he feels strange and stupid.
24. I should be happy, but instead I feel nothing. I feel a lot of nothing these days. I’ve cried a few times, but mostly I’m empty, as if whatever makes me feel and hurt and laugh and love has been surgically removed, leaving me hollowed out like a shell.
25. The person who tries to live alone will not succeed as a human being. His heart withers if it does not answer another heart. His mind shrinks away if he hears only the echoes of his own thoughts and finds no other inspiration.
26. If a woman sleeps alone it puts a shame on all men. God has a very big heart, but there is one sin He will not forgive. If a woman calls a man to her bed and he will not go.
27. People who do a job that claims to be creative have to be alone to recharge their batteries. You can’t live 24 hours a day in the spotlight and remain creative. For people like me, solitude is a victory.
28. It doesn’t matter how many times you leave, it will always hurt to come back and remember what you once had and who you once were. Then it will hurt just as much to leave again, and so it goes over and over again.
Once you’ve started to leave, you will run your whole life.
29. The writer’s curse is that even in solitude, no matter its duration, he never grows lonely or bored.
30. To be of good quality, you have to excuse yourself from the presence of shallow and callow minded individuals.
31. You are never alone. You are eternally connected with everyone.
32. What you are to do without me I cannot imagine.
33. Sometimes you need to sit lonely on the floor in a quiet room in order to hear your own voice and not let it drown in the noise of others.
34. Everyone’s moving on without me, into a world I don’t understand.
35. This person realizes that staying home means blowing off everyone this person has ever known. But the desire to stay in is very strong. This person wants to run a bath and then read in bed.
36. Stand firm in the Lord. Stand firm and let Him fight your battle. Do not try to fight alone.
37. Do not whine… Do not complain. Work harder. Spend more time alone.
38. One of the most important things you can do on this earth is to let people know they are not alone.
39. What does an introvert do when he’s left alone? He stays alone.
40. There is a certain strength in being alone.
41. ..because never in my life have I ever been picked when there was another alternative.
42. There are people who like to be alone without feeling lonely at all.
43. How terrible,” said Eragon, “to die alone, separate even from the one who is closest to you.
44. If you are never alone, you cannot know yourself.
45. I just let the pain take over, allowing it to numb the pain of being left behind.
46. I often stood in front of the mirror alone, wondering how ugly a person could get.
47. That was the thing about being alone, in theory or in principle. Whatever happened-good, bad, or anywhere in between-it was always, if nothing else, all your own.
48. Lingering is so very lonely when one lingers all alone.
49. I never really understood the word ‘loneliness’. As far as I was concerned, I was in an orgy with the sky and the ocean, and with nature.
50. Companionship is a foreign concept to some people. They fear it as much as the majority of people fear loneliness.
51. And now I am here, as alone as I’ve ever been. I am seventeen years old. This is not how it’s suppose to be. This is not how my life is suppose to turn out.
52. I’ve come home in love with loneliness
53. Every time my dreams threaten to become reality, something always happens and I end up alone.
54. The strongest men are the most alone.
55. Everybody is a stranger, but that’s the danger in going my own way.
56. People left him alone. And that was all he wanted.
57. There are some places in life where you can only go alone. Embrace the beauty of your solo journey.
58. We need solitude, because when we’re alone, we’re free from obligations, we don’t need to put on a show, and we can hear our own thoughts.
59. Even if you are alone you wage war with yourself.
60. I found an inner strength to fight for myself. It was clear that nobody else would.