Quotes About Adversity
1. And once the storm is over, you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure, whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about.
2. The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.
3. Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.
4. You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.
5. Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever.
6. Never to suffer would never to have been blessed.
7. Everyone wants to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.
8. These are the times that try men’s souls.
9. When the going gets tough, put one foot in front of the other and just keep going. Don’t give up.
10. It isn’t as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don’t worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers.
11. You’ll learn, as you get older, that rules are made to be broken. Be bold enough to live life on your terms, and never, ever apologize for it. Go against the grain, refuse to conform, take the road less traveled instead of the well-beaten path. Laugh in the face of adversity, and leap before you look. Dance as though EVERYBODY is watching. March to the beat of your own drummer. And stubbornly refuse to fit in.
12. If the road is easy, you’re likely going the wrong way.
13. Nothing in the world is worth having or worth doing unless it means effort, pain, difficulty… I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life. I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well.
14. However mean your life is, meet it and live it; do not shun it and call it hard names. It is not so bad as you are. It looks poorest when you are richest. The fault-finder will find faults even in paradise. Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse. The setting sun is reflected from the windows of the almshouse as brightly as from the rich man’s abode; the snow melts before its door as early in the spring. I do not see but a quiet mind may live as contentedly there, and have as cheering thoughts, as in a palace.
15. Whenever something bad happens, keep calm, take a few deep breaths and shift the focus to something positive.
16. Sometimes things have to go wrong in order to go right.
17. No matter how bad things are, you can always make things worse.
18. I love those who can smile in trouble.
19. Adversity is like a strong wind. I don’t mean just that it holds us back from places we might otherwise go. It also tears away from us all but the things that cannot be torn, so that afterward we see ourselves as we really are, and not merely as we might like to be.
20. Hardships make or break people.
21. Difficulties strengthen the mind, as labor does the body.
22. If a man cannot understand the beauty of life, it is probably because life never understood the beauty in him.
23. But if everything was always smooth and perfect, you’d get too used to that, you know? You have to have a little bit of disorganization now and then. Otherwise, you’ll never really enjoy it when things go right.
24. Often those that criticise others reveal what he himself lacks.
25. I suppose sooner or later in the life of everyone comes a moment of trial. We all of us have our particular devil who rides us and torments us, and we must give battle in the end.
26. You can’t be brave if you’ve only had wonderful things happen to you.
27. When things do not go your way, remember that every challenge — every adversity — contains within it the seeds of opportunity and growth.
28. Challenge and adversity are meant to help you know who you are. Storms hit your weakness, but unlock your true strength.
29. I think that little by little I’ll be able to solve my problems and survive.
30. I love you. I hate you. I like you. I hate you. I love you. I think you’re stupid. I think you’re a loser. I think you’re wonderful. I want to be with you. I don’t want to be with you. I would never date you. I hate you. I love you…..I think the madness started the moment we met and you shook my hand. Did you have a disease or something?
31. If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant: if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome.
32. A best friend is the only one that walks into your life when the world has walked out.
33. Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.
34. Facing it, always facing it, that’s the way to get through. Face it.
35. We could never learn to be brave and patient if there were only joy in the world
36. Remind thyself, in the darkest moments, that every failure is only a step toward success, every detection of what is false directs you toward what is true, every trial exhausts some tempting form of error, and every adversity will only hide, for a time, your path to peace and fulfillment.
37. Difficulties and adversities viciously force all their might on us and cause us to fall apart, but they are necessary elements of individual growth and reveal our true potential. We have got to endure and overcome them, and move forward. Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever.
38. The oak fought the wind and was broken, the willow bent when it must and survived.
39. The harder you fall, the heavier your heart; the heavier your heart, the stronger you climb; the stronger you climb, the higher your pedestal.
40. Who wants to die? Everything struggles to live. Look at that tree growing up there out of that grating. It gets no sun, and water only when it rains. It’s growing out of sour earth. And it’s strong because its hard struggle to live is making it strong. My children will be strong that way.
41. To live is to war with trolls.
42. I’ve learned that everything happens for a reason,” the yogi Krishnan told him. “Every event has a why and all adversity teaches us a lesson… Never regret your past. Accept it as the teacher that it is
43. A poet should be so crafty with words that he is envied even for his pains.
44. You don’t drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there.
45. Our most significant opportunities will be found in times of greatest difficulty.
46. If our testimonies are strong onthis point and if we feel the absolute assurance that God loves us, we will change our questons. We won’t ask, ‘Why did this happen?’ or ‘Why doesn’t God care about me?’ Instead, our questions will become, ‘What can I learn from this experience?’ or ‘How does the Lord want me to handle this?
47. Life is, in fact, a battle. Evil is insolent and strong; beauty enchanting, but rare; goodness very apt to be weak; folly very apt to be defiant; wickedness to carry the day; imbeciles to be in great places, people of sense in small, and mankind generally unhappy. But the world as it stands is no narrow illusion, no phantasm, no evil dream of the night; we wake up to it, forever and ever; and we can neither forget it nor deny it nor dispense with it.
48. Often people that criticise your life are usually the same people that don’t know the price you paid to get where you are today. True friends see the full picture of your soul.
49. It’s hard at times, but it makes a kid strong in ways that most people can’t understand. Teaches them that even though people are left behind, new ones will inevitable take their place; that every place has something good – and bad – to offer. It makes a kid grow up fast.
50. Where the battle rages, there the loyalty of the soldier is proved.
51. Life is at its best when everything has fallen out of place, and you decide that you’re going to fight to get them right, not when everything is going your way and everyone is praising you.
52. Learning is an ornament in prosperity, a refuge in adversity, and a provision in old age.
53. If you know someone who tries to drown their sorrows, you might tell them sorrows know how to swim.
54. Love is as simple as the absence of self given to another. God, when invited, fills the void of any unrequited love; hence loving is how one is drawn closer to God no matter its most horrific repercussions.
55. Nobody is exempt from the trials of life, but everyone can always find something positive in everything even in the worst of times.
56. Bullying builds character like nuclear waste creates superheroes. It’s a rare occurrence and often does much more damage than endowment.
57. To live greatly, we must develop the capacity to face trouble with courage, disappointment with cheerfulness, and triumph with humility.
58. If you would hit the mark, you must aim a little above it;
Every arrow that flies feels the attraction of earth.
59. We face up to awful things because we can’t go around them, or forget them. The sooner you say ‘Yes, it happened, and there’s nothing I can do about it,’ the sooner you can get on with your own life. You’ve got children to bring up. So you’ve got to get over it. What we have to get over, somehow we do. Even the worst things.
60. Your friends will believe in your potential, your enemies will make you live up to it.